Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > LG > Post pictures taken with your LG KC910 Renoir

Previous  123 ... 567 ... 161718  Next
Author Post pictures taken with your LG KC910 Renoir
Pitzon
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-04 19:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Im afraid thats not possible, the Renoir always goes back to "standard settings" everytime you close the cam.

I left the Renoir for the c905 as you might have seen in some other thread. Mainly because touchphone wasn´t really for me and i like SE camera controls better + a better flash.

The Renoir takes much nicer daylight outdoor pics and have much sharper pics if you look at them straight from the phone. They look much better but i can apply this sharpening to my c905 pics afterwards. But that might some see as cheating

I also had trouble indoors to get really great results with the Renoir. With auto ISO the pics often got quite blurry and when i locked ISO to lets say 200 they often got to dark. It was hard to get that balance that i liked.

One other thing i noticed is that the pic it takes are much "larger" than what shows in the display ( viewfinder ). That bugged me a bit also but other than this it rocks.

The best phone cam i have used in good light conditions, outdoors and so

Pitzon
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-04 19:09

On 2009-01-04 15:24:21, jedijehu wrote:
I purchased it around the 29th Dec 08. The centre isn't just bluish there's all sorts of discolouration in alot of pics. I'm going to give 02 a call first to see what they can do about it! Hopefully I can get a replacement or have it repaired. Love that last photo of the bulb Perfect that's amazingg!!

P.s sorry about the dodgy pics.... i'll delete my posts later so that it doesn't ruin your thread.

It´s not the memory card who is corrupt? It looks on the pic that it has stopped writing info so to speak and the whole pic doesent get saved.. Do you have the same problem if you use the phones internal memory? Or maybe you dont have a memory card.. I have had a similar problem with an old N82 and it turned out to be a faulty memorycard..

Gibonz
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-01-04 19:14

On 2009-01-04 19:03:48, Pitzon wrote:
Im afraid thats not possible, the Renoir always goes back to "standard settings" everytime you close the cam.

I left the Renoir for the c905 as you might have seen in some other thread. Mainly because touchphone wasn´t really for me and i like SE camera controls better + a better flash.

The Renoir takes much nicer daylight outdoor pics and have much sharper pics if you look at them straight from the phone. They look much better but i can apply this sharpening to my c905 pics afterwards. But that might some see as cheating

I also had trouble indoors to get really great results with the Renoir. With auto ISO the pics often got quite blurry and when i locked ISO to lets say 200 they often got to dark. It was hard to get that balance that i liked.

One other thing i noticed is that the pic it takes are much "larger" than what shows in the display ( viewfinder ). That bugged me a bit also but other than this it rocks.

The best phone cam i have used in good light conditions, outdoors and so

Thanks for the reply.

I originally wanted a C905 so bad but heard too many horror stories about faults etc.

How do you find the phone compared to the Renoir?

Im still not 100% sold on the Renoir if im being honest!
Pitzon
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-04 20:22
Well i was just as afraid but so far i have been lucky. 2 weeks and not a single problem with the c905.

It´s hard to compare them because they are 2 different phones. I first got the Renoir just to get away from all the problems people had with their c905:s. No slider who can be wobbly and a simpler but fully functional lens cover and stuf like that. I couldn´t get the GPS to work on my Renoir and the web browser is really annoying to use. The file transfer went really slow with bluetooth. The only way to get the speed up is to use USB and change to "Mass Storage" then it was fast. Browsing the gallery went guite slow also as soon as i had filled up with a bunch of pics. This might ofcourse have to do with the memorycard but anyway.

The touch thing was really good and cool but i just didn´t like it in the end. Sometimes my big fingers sent away an sms before i was done typing. This mainly happens when you reply to an sms because in this typing mode one button on the left becomes "send" so if you accidently hit that one WHAM the sms goes I also hit the "change button" for letters/numbers accidently many times. Just below the "C" button.. Small things like this who annoyed me in the end and wanting me to get a phone with regular buttons instead. Nowadays im so skilled at typing that i can drive my car and type an sms with one hand not looking at the phone.. Good luck doing that with a touchphone

All these things feels better with the c905, everything just works for me and i like that. There are many things to improve with the c905 also but atleast SE releases updates now and then so things might get even better in the future. LG feels quite slow on this department.

I also hate "grease" on my gadgets so it was a nightmare to keep the phone nice and clean. But this is the same regardless of touchphone so nothing specific to the Renoir.

All these things are very personal and just how i feel. The Renoir for sure beats the c905 on the cam department outdoors and in good light. The pics looks stunning straight from the phone, a bit hard on the contrast and sharpening but i think they look amazing. The c905 feels more "allround" with the better flash. Much "softer" pics that for me doesn´t look that good staright from the phone but i can easily sharpen them afterwards so they reach the Renoirs potential.. So this is not a problem for me but maybe for those who doesent have a photo editor..

Nuf said, feel i have to post some Renoir pics also to get back on topic

The Renoirs panorama is good. It takes 3 full size shots and stitch together. Much better than SE who just takes small ones. This was sloppy taken too and no real effort made for nice overlaps. Think it could get cool with more effort and maybe some support under the phone.

jedijehu
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-01-05 21:57
Heya guys! I've spoken to 02 and as I bought it last week online someone will come tomorrow to collect my one and exchange it for a new one, which is pretty gd!

Hey Pitzon...i'm not sure i wrapped it all up before i read your message ...it probably is the memory card now that you mention you had a similar problem with your other phone! If that is the case it leaves just one question mark over the discolouration in the middle of the photos. Since none of you guys seem to have this problem the cam module/driver must be defective. I'll give the new one a go tomorrow and update you all later! byeee
davidsic
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2009-01-05 22:01

On 2008-12-13 20:14:22, davidsic wrote:
Really nice pics PERFECT, you choose the proper settings

@ Pitzon : don't buy this, i had a KC910 a couple of days and it was almost a nightmare to write a messages with the T9.

If you choose the right settings you will get the same result with a C905.

the thing I liked with this LG is the compatibility for divx xvid

For the web browsing is very far from an iphone.
héhé what i said lol

My brother had one and sold it as to use a K850i (his C905 had some problems with his hands free bluetooth system of his car) he's happy to use again a K850i after the Renoir !

PERFECT doit etre furieux ! C'est la vie !

[ This Message was edited by: davidsic on 2009-01-05 21:02 ]
-PERFECT-
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2009-01-06 12:04
@jedijehu: good news buddy, tell us how is the new one

On 2009-01-05 22:01:37, davidsic wrote:
My brother had one and sold it as to use a K850i (his C905 had some problems with his hands free bluetooth system of his car) he's happy to use again a K850i after the Renoir !

On 2009-01-05 22:01:37, davidsic wrote:
PERFECT doit etre furieux ! C'est la vie !

@davidsic: mais qu'est-ce que vous dites?

You are you happy with your SE, everybody have difference needs, i want the best cam in my phone (and i know that only the i8510 is tantamaunt to the Renoir, sometimes even better , look some pics of davicol for example).
In my opiniuon the touch to send sms is very good, but i haven’t big finger...maybe something else

However i like to be objective and so i can tell who is interested in Renoir that the negative things for Renoir are the not very loud sound from the speaker (but it’s very clear) and the viewfinder that doesn’t shows the entire photo.
The touch has some little disadvantage as sad by Pitzon, but it’s faster in some operations likes adjusting the settings when you take the photos.
Some other “statements“ about messaging:

From Gsmarena’s review: “messaging is intuitive, there is touch feedback either way, and typing seems accurate”

From darrengf's review:

On 2008-11-04 23:44:26, darrengf wrote:
I was very amazed at the touch screen when using for texting and multimedia messaging, I have got used to the new way very quickly and I have to say that the phone handles both features with ease and no lag at all. All the menus are easy to use and easy to understand. The texting capabilities alone for me warrant a 10/10, but there are still again some areas of improvement.
I’ve had no problems with emails and the settings up of them. In fact it’s easier that SE phones. It does everything for you.

On 2008-11-07 00:15:00, darrengf wrote:
I send on average about 2000 sms a month and 50 mms a month.
My biggest worry was texting.
Wow i was shocked, Ive yet to have a problem in texting and yes i sometimes type wrong words or even wrong letters (I used to on my k850i)
But its amazinging great, I thought i would never say this, but i dont think i could now go back to another normal phone. I like touch screen.
Regarding not looking, when you get use to where you should press, your fingers seem to no where they are going.
its like touch typing, all the keys feel the same but your fingers no where to go. Stange at first but ive got used to it.

On 2008-11-11 19:52:00, darrengf wrote:
I never thought i would say this about touch screen. But its amazing. Its quick easy, well it is on here. Touch is the way to go. Once you have got used to it you dont want to go back.

On 2008-11-14 15:18:45, darrengf wrote:
I would recomend the the KC910 to any one and to say that this is my first LG phone.

About the update LG has begun to release upgrade for some phones, here you can see the models supported: http://uk.lgmobile.com/web/web.product.manualSoftwareRF.laf
Besides the camera qualitys among the other points of strength i can mention the reception of the signal (it’s better than SE K850 for example) and the duration of the battery.

If you want to joke we are always here mate!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/viewfullsize.php?id=17052

http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/viewfullsize.php?id=17054

http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/viewfullsize.php?id=17053

jedijehu
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-01-06 20:58
Hi peep!

Got the new phone today and i'm afraid the the middle of the screen is the same discoloured blue/green colour. Bummer!!

Apart from you Perfect, has anyone else experienced or got this problem?? I could do with some advice before taking further action....Maybe it's a driver problem.... hmm mine reads s/w version kc910_V10b? Not sure if that helps or not.

Also i've noticed 02 sent me a used phone as there was no security seal on my first box. The one that arrived today had a seal on the package and the memory stick was in an unopened plastic case, whereas the last one was in the phone. So really annoyed about the phone cam and condition!

[ This Message was edited by: jedijehu on 2009-01-06 20:00 ]
davidsic
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2009-01-06 22:50
I don't like this phone.

Writing a message without T9 is ok but with it you have a list of proposed words and i thing it's very difficult to choose and clic on a word from this little list.

In general i didn't like the touch screen of this phone.

Now i have an iPhone and it's another world. I still have my SE C905
-PERFECT-
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2009-01-13 23:03
You “hate“ the Renoir, i don’t like the C905’s quality pics, i like this:

http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/viewfullsize.php?id=17185

http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/viewfullsize.php?id=17186
ReVo
C905 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-03-05 16:57

Flash On:

LG Renoir
ReVo
C905 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-03-12 19:59

LG Renoir
-PERFECT-
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2009-03-19 19:16
Nice pics ReVo

http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/viewfullsize.php?id=18451

http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/viewfullsize.php?id=18452
Emelianenko
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-03-20 02:29
"Wow",nice "flash" pictures... [/ironic]
masada1971
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2009-03-22 20:49
since you "like" them,heres one from me...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 567 ... 161718  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic