Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > LG KC910 (Renoir) My Review

Author LG KC910 (Renoir) My Review
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-11-11 18:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well i thought i would log in through my phone to make sure it works on esato and it does.

This Miss Uk for the kind words.

I try to help

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2008-11-11 22:37 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-11-11 18:38
I know I can get used to a Touchscreen device, its just the thought of them taking over our trusty keypads its abit scary if all phones end up like that. We're all gonna end up with scratched up screens lol Im awaiting something from Nokia anyway strange there the last to bring a TC to us yet more a 8MP handset. That N96 is a waste of space wat was they thinking with that Posted from a Nokia N95-2 lol
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-11-11 19:52
I believe that Nokia are due to bring something out before xmas. But im also surprised that they havnt. Well i have my trusty cover still on my phone. The other day tho i was using my friends phone which is keyboard. He had more finger marks on his screen when i had done. I just couldnt get back used to not touching what i want. Ive even started on my works comp screen now. Lol. I never thought i would say this about touch screen. But its amazing. Its quick easy, well it is on here. Touch is the way to go. Once you have got used to it you dont want to go back.
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-11-11 23:40
LG Today has anounced the Renoir Microsite.

This enables users to get to know the mobile much better.

Have a look and see

http://renoir.lgmobile.com/
Brightspark
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-11-11 23:47
@darrengf
will you be likely to hack it (eg increase the volume)?
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 00:32
I have looked into the link and It only changes no7 on the volume control. U do have to go into every one of them to change it and on the 910 there are 20 of them.

I have since tried some different earphones, My self noise cancelling ones i use on the aircraft and they are a lot louder which is very stange. So im going to see how it goes.

But thanks for the Link which i have kept and will investigate further.

I can tell you that the Engineer menu on the KC910 and any LG phones for that matters is a powerful tool and very dangerous if you are not careful.

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2008-11-11 23:47 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 01:35
I hate fingerprints on my phone you should see what im like with myphone,
ive got my old P910i cloth still thats there 24/7 on the go

have you used the jobpoints in the jobcentre by anychance?

Nokia have done stupid with a N96 it's not a flagship but a sunkenship it's too much like these N95's..

I know the 5800 is coming but the camera on that even sucks,
wheres there 8MP touchscreen
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Brightspark
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 18:27

On 2008-11-12 00:32:29, darrengf wrote:
I have looked into the link and It only changes no7 on the volume control. U do have to go into every one of them to change it and on the 910 there are 20 of them.

I have since tried some different earphones, My self noise cancelling ones i use on the aircraft and they are a lot louder which is very stange. So im going to see how it goes.

But thanks for the Link which i have kept and will investigate further.

I can tell you that the Engineer menu on the KC910 and any LG phones for that matters is a powerful tool and very dangerous if you are not careful.

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2008-11-11 23:47 ]

it doesn't just change the highest setting. you can choose to increase the volume of volume level 1, volume level 2, etc. it isn't really worth altering all settings - it's only necessary to set either the top one only or the top 2, at most .
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 19:43
Oh the KC910 Likes fingers, I think it even gets finger marks on it before ive even touched it lol

I do have a screen protector on tho (Got one on the phone and one free in the box) Im just ordering some more from LG.

Yes I looked at how it worked in the phone it self and noticed what i needed to do. The top 2 on mine are in + mode and not - mode, so its quiet easy to change that.

Im hoping that these earphones are ok, before i start to change things.

But the link has given me some useful info and its nice to know to help other people out too. Service menu isnt for the faint hearted tho, lol.

Brightspark Have you got the Viewty or the Renoir?

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2008-11-12 18:45 ]
Brightspark
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 23:17

On 2008-11-12 19:43:32, darrengf wrote:

Service menu isnt for the faint hearted tho, lol.

Brightspark Have you got the Viewty or the Renoir?

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2008-11-12 18:45 ]

i have the viewty - a purple one

you can undo the changes by taking note of what you have changed and undoing the changes, accessing the service menu to factory reset it, or by flashing.
i have accessed my service menu to increase the loudness of the radio through headphones, the media player through headphones, and the loudspeaker. the changes remain even after switching the phone off.

[ This Message was edited by: Brightspark on 2008-11-12 22:19 ]
Dart5
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-11-13 11:56
Does anyone know any applications to download for the KC910? The SE site has a good selection of downloads for the K850 but I can't see the equivalent for LG anywhere.
swardy
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-11-13 12:11
Hi mate,
what network are you on? i'm with o2 and mine didn't come with google maps. i downloaded it but like you, no joy.

I've since installed mgmaps but i'm struggling to get that to work. I did download it on the phone though via the wap site but i did get the Jar one as you said. it doesn't seem to locate satelites though.
Does downloading it to your pc and transferring it across instead make any difference? i can't see why it would?

Even though i'd like to think of myself as pretty savvy when it comes to tech, could you do a quick idiots guide to getting the gps to work?
It'd be very much appreciated!

p.s. anyone else noticed that with the alarm, when you hit snooze it'll finish playing the file before it snoozes. fine with the default sounds that only last 3-4 seconds, but annoying when it won't stop playing a 3 minute .mp3 track until it finishes. (strangely i didn't think it did this the first time i used it but it is now).

Cheers,

Steve
swardy
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-11-13 13:51
Hi again,
just to let you know i don't know what i did but mgmaps is now working! well chuffed!

I've been investigating the whole alarm thing. it seems that a longer .mp3 will keep playing until the phone locks (i.e. 30 seconds or whatever you have it set to). if the file is shorter than that it will just stop at the end of the track.

Cheers!!

[ This Message was edited by: swardy on 2008-11-13 12:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: swardy on 2008-11-13 13:54 ]
Brightspark
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-11-13 18:15

On 2008-11-13 12:11:09, swardy wrote:
Hi mate,
what network are you on? i'm with o2 and mine didn't come with google maps. i downloaded it but like you, no joy.

I've since installed mgmaps but i'm struggling to get that to work. I did download it on the phone though via the wap site but i did get the Jar one as you said. it doesn't seem to locate satelites though.
Does downloading it to your pc and transferring it across instead make any difference? i can't see why it would?

Even though i'd like to think of myself as pretty savvy when it comes to tech, could you do a quick idiots guide to getting the gps to work?
It'd be very much appreciated!

p.s. anyone else noticed that with the alarm, when you hit snooze it'll finish playing the file before it snoozes. fine with the default sounds that only last 3-4 seconds, but annoying when it won't stop playing a 3 minute .mp3 track until it finishes. (strangely i didn't think it did this the first time i used it but it is now).

Cheers,

Steve

mine didn't come with any google stuff because it's orange branded, but i followed this guide to put all the google stuff on there:
http://www.mygreatphone.com/f[....]gle-package-all-firmwares.html

there may well be differences with the renoir, but i dare say the principle is the same

[ This Message was edited by: Brightspark on 2008-11-13 17:15 ]
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2008-11-13 18:18
Very tempted by this handset...
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi