Previous  123 ... 272829  Next
Author Keitai Corner
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-09-14 03:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-09-13 21:26:46, clauf wrote:
Latest rumors that the next SH907i from DoCoMo will be a flip phone (oh how obvious...) with a 8.1 megapixel camera. Hopefully Sharp actually uses a different camera module this time... Sharp used to have the world's best cameras in their phones with a CCD sensor... their last 903SH was the first 3.2 megapixel camera with a 3x optical zoom.

Indeed Sharp were the pioneers of CCD implementation on mobile phones, GX30 came first with CCD before SE did with S700. and Lets become realistic, v903SH was the true best 3mp camera phone. I also bet that the new sharp 5.2mpx t phone utilizes CCD sensor. anyway it's very good to hear that sharp and panasonic were about to redeem themselves outside japan. panasonic's last phone to participate in the megapixel race was their VS series @2mp.
10 years at Esato
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-14 15:52
I have to say these look very good on paper, but very bulky and awkward in pics.
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-09-15 09:51

On 2008-09-14 15:52:18, QVGA wrote:
I have to say these look very good on paper, but very bulky and awkward in pics.

It's a little big... but not awkward in person. Just an update, I did get my hands on the SH906i and I will be writing a full review hopefully soon, within the month or so? I'll be posting my first impressions of the device tomorrow.

[ This Message was edited by: clauf on 2008-09-15 08:53 ]
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-15 12:52
Do japanese Walkman phones have a DSP chip?
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-09-16 04:51

On 2008-09-15 12:52:13, QVGA wrote:
Do japanese Walkman phones have a DSP chip?

Good question... not sure actually =P I know the most recent Japanese Walkman phone is the SO905i (not the SO905iCS)... sorry I can't be of any help.
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-09-16 05:41
Some new info about the 907i series... here's my post on Facebook:

HAHA some exciting stuff. SH907i for DoCoMo insider pictures of the phone as well as the brochure! Check it out now:

This picture shows a new and revised DoCoMo user interface. Those who have played with a DoCoMo phone know how hard it is to navigate around the phone: let's home that the new 907i user interface would be easier to use. Looks like there will be widget/gadgets support in the phone now =D It seems that it's incredibly popular: LG, Samsung, Nokia, and Sony Ericsson all have some sort of widget support now.

Glimpse of the actual 907i phone itself. Looks like the Touch Cruiser will also be integrated into the navigation pad, just like the SH906i and 923SH. The new Touch Cruiser is in a rectangle shape as it can also be used as a fingerprint scanner. The only other phone company that integrates a fingerprint scanner into the phone is Fujitsu: F905i and F906i.

If someone can do some translating, this would be nice =P This is the specs sheet of the 907i phone series: F907i from Fujitsu, P907i from Panasonic, N907i from NEC, and what looks to be the SH907i (far right) though that could be SO907i as well. Looks like none of the phones will have GSM 850 support... but that's fine since we have great GSM 1900 in Vancouver. Other things to be aware of are the screen sizes... fairly large, at least greater than 3.1 inches. The N907i is the only phone that doesn't have an external display (at least according to this chart). The 907i phones seem to be pretty heavy, heavier than the iPhone >_< Oh well we are trading cool looking phone with amazing features for a heavy weight... I don't mind =P

This photo refers to the unique features found on the SH907i (or the entire 907i series).... Windows TrueType Fonts are supported in the phone (just not used)... Not sure what AXIS means (DARN IT FOR NOT TAKING JAPANESE)... I'm guessing it has an axis sensor built in to the phone... Again, more information about Touch Crusier, RSS Reader, Bluetooth, Dolby Digital 5.1, etc.

Saving the best for last, this picture shows the phone's exterior, coming in black, white, blue (I LIKE), and pink. Looks like it will be a phone that has a rotating screen, so I'm not sure if they will have touchscreen on this phone...

Some cool stuff here! =P
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-09-16 05:48
Awesome! I like the blue too, and I really like the big digital clock and hidden screen design on the outside. Looks sweet.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-09-18 02:58
adding on to the rumors, some say that the sharp phone will be a 8.1 af mp camera with CCD sesnor! =O =D
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-09-18 05:09

On 2008-09-18 02:58:53, clauf wrote:
adding on to the rumors, some say that the sharp phone will be a 8.1 af mp camera with CCD sesnor! =O =D

loved this thing....
10 years at Esato
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-09-19 11:44
Wow! Thats upped the stakes a bit. I knew it wouldn't be long before the 8.0MP barrier was breached in Japan but they've gone one further with CCD. Sharp should make this one a slider.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-09-20 06:13
how i wish it will be sold outside japan as well
10 years at Esato
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-09-20 06:15
Don't we all!
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-09-20 07:41
They all are... you just need to find them. Try to pop into those Asian Chinese Malls *winks* At least that's the case for Canada. In the States, I would go to Chinatown, and you have to live in a place with a large chinese/taiwanese community (i.e. San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, etc.)

You can use many Japanese phones now... the 905i and 906i series can be used via hypersim. The problem with DoCoMo phones (905i and 906i series) are they have a few reception problems... they aren't made to be used outside of Japan, and you are forcefully using the phone, so a lot of the time the phone goes "out" with no calls coming in or out of the phone. Really easy to fix though, just pull out your SIM card and hypersim and place it in a fully unlocked phone (i.e. W850... first phone that came in my mind), and then put it back into the Japanese phone. With Softbank phones, you don't have that problem. But there's a limited choice of phones. Softbank phones can only be used for calling and texting, nothing else UNLESS it is fully unlocked/media unlocked, such as the 920SH.

The primary reason of this thread is to inform people that you can get a piece of Japanese technology. Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to use so many features, like 1-Seg Mobile TV, internet, etc. but you do get something to show off with.

I'm pretty sure the 923SH (that sweet white phone) will be avaliable for the international general public in the next month. The current software unlock is getting (which is hypersim coupled with a valid Softbank USIM) more popular.

Here's my latest scribble on the 923SH (scroll down to see the sweet images of the phone with other Japanese phones). There's a google video link at the bottom too, which shows the 923SH making calls in and out, camera mode, and instant screen orientation (by rotating the screen). It also shows you how large the screen is... and how amazing the graphics move =P Oh and the SH906i has had a few software updates lately, with the touchscreen performance on the phone (yes a flip phone with touchscreen) being a lot smoother and faster. Great animations too...

Anyways without further adieu (next post)
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-09-20 07:45
HAHA I'm pretty sure you guys are knowing that this is my favorite Japanese phone of all... too bad I've only seen "photo shoots" of the white and black one... not my favorite blue... SIGH

Anyways... the phone is unlocked via hypersim now... that's pretty much confirmed. If you have a Softbank "USIM" that is valid, you can do a software unlock with it. I'm pretty sure we will be seeing many unlocks available everywhere within the next month or so. I'm not telling you to get that phone... BECAUSE IT'S MINE! =D

Pictures with other phones (the SH906i is on the right, the one I'm talking about with the touch screen =P)

If you got a few minutes, view this Google Video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3839116593310702928 It basically shows that the phone is unlocked, can make calls no problem. Look at the amazing screen and how fast the graphics move on the phone. And what's extra cool, wait 'till it gets to 4:00 and fast forward there, the guy does something cool with the display =) The screen just switches orientation SO QUICKLY. And there's so many animations awww... I love it XD =D I want blue please =)
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-09-20 09:19
The UI looks a lot different but the design and styling is spot on. I noticied, as you said, he made a call via T-Mobile so its not impossible to have one of these after all.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 272829  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic