Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 vs HTC Touch Pro (Raphael)

Author Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 vs HTC Touch Pro (Raphael)
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-21 05:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@boris

Very true mate. X1 being a wee bit more multimedia oriented than the Pro. The Pro is more suited to the buisness user. But you have to remember coming from the N95 you'd find the X1 and Pro slightly lacking in video playback when compared to the N95. The N95PowerVR accelerator is superior to the ATi one on the X1 and Pro.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-21 05:23

On 2008-08-21 03:06:09, WhyBe wrote:
Yeah, gotta give props to the iPhone OS/UI. Apple caught everyone sleeping. That, and Jobs knows what it takes to appeal to consumers emotionally. Makes me wonder what's in store for the next generation of OS's (WM7, new Symbian, Android, etc.). Being that iPhone GUI is the gold standard now, how will the other OS improve over the iPhone GUI?

[ This Message was edited by: WhyBe on 2008-08-21 02:17 ]

Yes, we are in for exciting times

@aksd, good point, and that's the whole thing about innovation - it takes someone to do something that has never been thought of before that also happens to take off like wildfire.

borisisinvin said:

P.S. What's with all of the personal insults and mud slinging going on in here?... Can't everyone keep it civil and respectful?...

Don't take it too seriously buddy, no one means anything by it. It's all part of the fun.
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-21 05:29
@max

Seriously hoping Android has something to offer that no other OS has out fo the box. Did you see the latest SDK, UI looks cool. Theres already dual booting of Android on the Kaiser, its just a matter of time before someone ports it to the Diamond/Pro/X1. Having a Dual boot on them would be extremely cool would'nt it .
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-21 05:39
oh yeah, it would be cool indeed

Haven't seen much of Android, but it will be interesting to see if it can make a go of it. I guess so far Google have succeeded at pretty much anything they do, so we have reason to be hopeful.
borisisinvin
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-08-21 05:39

On 2008-08-21 05:19:21, aksd wrote:
@boris

Very true mate. X1 being a wee bit more multimedia oriented than the Pro. The Pro is more suited to the buisness user. But you have to remember coming from the N95 you'd find the X1 and Pro slightly lacking in video playback when compared to the N95. The N95PowerVR accelerator is superior to the ATi one on the X1 and Pro.

Yeah good point... Though to be honest I don't watch a lot of videos on my N95... Sorry, but I winced a little admitting that in front of this crowd... Does using a Sling player app to stream stuff off of my DVR over Wi-Fi count?... I mostly use my N95 as my primary music player both in the car (I have a bluetooth enabled sony xplosion CD deck in my car) and out of it, I haven't owned a iPod for almost 2 years! I'm mostly looking for something with at minimum of 16 GB in storage capacity (32 GB would be perfect, be it in swapable SD cards, or otherwise, doesn't really matter to me) that also does some office stuff as well as offering some sort of support for sling's app. With that in mind I think I'll be okay with a X1, if it isn't a complete mess again...
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-21 05:51
@max

You can check out the new screenshots here: http://www.engadget.com/2008/[....]ternet-looking-almost-ready-f/

@boris

I'm sorry I have no idea about SLingPlayer but this should help you out http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=417172

If its music you're after, the X1/Pro will blow the N95 out of the water . Especially using add ones such as SRS Wow etc.. I just love the music on my TYTnII and I'm extremely picky considering music quality .
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-21 06:02

On 2008-08-21 05:51:11, aksd wrote:
If its music you're after, the X1/Pro will blow the N95 out of the water . Especially using add ones such as SRS Wow etc.. I just love the music on my TYTnII and I'm extremely picky considering music quality .

That's good news.
totalgsm
W910 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-21 06:03
There are 2 variants of the Raphael.
The Touch PRO and the Touch PRO WWE.
Not sure what the difference exactly is, does anyone know?
I think it might be the language liek World Wide English or something.
Visit www.totalgsm.org for Remote and Instant unlocking and Debranding services for all Sony Ericsson Phones. Visit forum www.totalgsm.org/forum
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-21 06:22
Touch Pro is the TOuch Pro in general including the Network variants such as the AT&T Fuze and whatever O2 and Vodafone, Tmobile what to call it. The Touch Pro WWE is the generic version like you said
Osmano
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-08-21 07:43
Hi all!

Short but favourable review of the pro.......

http://www.mobiletechaddicts.com/2008/08/16/htc-touch-pro-review/
borisisinvin
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-09-01 03:23
Here's a link to a new Touch Pro review on Phone Arena:

http://www.phonearena.com/htm[....]-Pro-Review-review-r_2003.html

This thing is sounding sweeter and sweeter everyday. SE is going to have it's hands full trying to top the Touch Pro in pure sales when it's finally released! What, with this thing already available in select European markets and almost available here in the states. I have a feeling that SE is going to be late to this party (again, like always) making most buyers decision easy for those who are in the market for a Qwerty touch screen Windows Mobile phone. Too bad the touch pro doesn't come with a standard 3.5 headphone jack or camera button like the X1...
borisisinvin
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-09-01 20:20
Also, I forgot to mention the Sony tax that all of SE's phones seem to get on the aftermarket... Deemed as premium devices by the powers that be, SE's handsets are often hundreds of dollars more than equivalently equipped phones by competing manufacturers on the grey/import eBay market... As of this posting I've managed to find several HTC Touch Pro's at sub $900.00 prices! Just 2 weeks ago they were going for prices in-excess of $1000.00. Those prices have no where to go but down as of right now! Let's see what happens when these devices hit that magic sweet spot price point of about $600.00 to $700.00 in 1-2 months time! How much do all of you think the X1 will debut at on the grey/import market when it's FINALLY released in 1-2 months time?... If anything, when it's finally released, it'll help push down the price of the Touch Pro's already for sale on the grey/import market even further down!

[ This Message was edited by: borisisinvin on 2008-09-01 19:22 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi