Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 3334 353637  Next
Author Official W902 Discussion
marty mcfly
Z770 Red
PM
Posted: 2009-01-14 12:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Is it me, or is the Walkman button on the top of the phone the worst button ever made? It has no feedback at all and doesn't sit neatly.
danielbeast
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-15 12:04
Ordered mine via ebay last night

Most expensive phone I will ever pay for lol. you did good SE.. Many of us im sure were extremely tempted by this guy. i know i was the first time i laid eyes on it. brilliant design, aesthetics are a 10. at least in those pictures you have on the website Hopefully when it gets here i will be happy to use it. and if im not.. remembering that i have a 120gb gears of war edition zune loaded with 320kbps lossless audio/video, and a canon sd880 wide shot camera will allow me to sleep better at night.

so what the hell did i buy this for?? lol... you tell me guys.. you tell me..
a phone is a toy to play with. it helps cutt down on items you tag along with you i guess. but remembering that those items, if bought for quality specs for example, are way beyond the power in these phones for years to come. the downside is that it will always be this way.. but the good thing is this.. the phones are getting to that point where the technology in them is going to be "good enough" in terms of quality: pics, multimedia, storage, batterylife (which personally i think should get doubled up, even though its against marketting strats to do so) wireless capabilities etc.. and that is something to start getting excited about!

despite my tangent. in the end its a great peice of phone compared to the monsters out there that you dont want to fit in your pocket.

so it gets my recognition, if its worth anything.. after all, who the hell am i

For those guys who complain about the 3.5mm jack.. its not a huge deal.. i do think sony should tone down the size of their jack though. understandably, they want a peice of that market, you would too if it was your business lol. and so would i. but maby think about making it a little bit smaller sony. the little square plastic connector peice is just a tiny bit 2 big imho.. especially when your in your best jeans heading out for the night. shave it down, we know you can do it.. and dont you guys have enough of the market? make the whiney masses more happy with that jack. i could care less, but the guys that post endless threads about it, would all of a sudden dissapear! sure those idiots have something to do with your market..

other than that, l33t phone. and with the new 16gb ultra m2's rollin around the corner.. the future looks bright! and whatever you do se. do not do what you did to the w960i with a no m2 card slot ever again. thats what killed that phone for me, no room for the future.. otherwise, it would have been a new toy for many ppl im sure. but dont let me tell you how to market the phones, your obviously 10 steps ahead..

okay enough of this.. i feel like im talking to big brother.

because of the wife, im going to attempt to sell this W580i on ebay just to help justify the cost!

cheers'

-dan

DOES ANYONE KNOW....

What is that peice attached to the phone in the bottom picture?
And is that stand for the w902 or what is the deal..

They go great together.. any ideas guys?

[ This Message was edited by: danielbeast on 2009-01-16 05:25 ]
DEAF
W660 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-16 14:43
i use to have w902 but the thing is the w902 isnot as solid as SE said trythis in thr right hand side of w902 were the play volume camera and etc if you fall your phone is this direction the cover will open were and the volume pad to make it higher will not work thats what happened to me.you can check that one side is sealed the other side has a small opening you can check on the top hand side of the volume.w902 has good specification but bad body quality.
glorfingal
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-16 15:12
@danielbeast - that's the cds-75 stand :-]
danielbeast
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-17 02:38
Thank you glorfingal, i will look into picking that up for the desktop

@DEAF

What the hell.. anytime you drop a phone its liable to have issues with the case, the operation of the phone etc.. maby yours took a bad bounce?

Most of the phones I have owned dont have the absolute best quality case to be honest. And im coming from the w580i as my last phone, and before that it was a little clam shell'd samsung etc. So im sure that it will be an upgrade in terms of quality, at least for myself that is.

There is also other phones on the market if you dont like the w902. I think its the phone for me though. Its a work of art
dualist
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-01-19 13:42
I love my W902 - haven't had any of the issues that one or two users in this thread have reported. Can't believe how good this is for the first firmware release and don't anticipate SE rushing a revision out the door any time soon (I'm using unbranded software on an unlocked handset). It's still fast and stable after several months of use, and the battery cover movement is so small as to be almost unnoticeable.

My two top tips for making the phone faster:

1) Delete as much of the stuff (bundled pictures, ringtones, etc.) off the internal memory as possible, or if you wanna keep them, move them to the M2 card. Also regularly delete sent/received text & picture messages that you don't want. I've now got about 19Mb of free internal memory and the phone is noticeably quicker than when I only had 13Mb.

2) I've found that setting the theme to "Walkman" also increases the speed of the phone over other themes such as "Grape" (which I was using previously) - recommend others do the same.

James

[ This Message was edited by: dualist on 2009-01-19 12:43 ]
danielbeast
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-20 21:48

On 2009-01-19 13:42:08, dualist wrote:
I love my W902 - haven't had any of the issues that one or two users in this thread have reported. Can't believe how good this is for the first firmware release and don't anticipate SE rushing a revision out the door any time soon (I'm using unbranded software on an unlocked handset). It's still fast and stable after several months of use, and the battery cover movement is so small as to be almost unnoticeable.

My two top tips for making the phone faster:

1) Delete as much of the stuff (bundled pictures, ringtones, etc.) off the internal memory as possible, or if you wanna keep them, move them to the M2 card. Also regularly delete sent/received text & picture messages that you don't want. I've now got about 19Mb of free internal memory and the phone is noticeably quicker than when I only had 13Mb.

2) I've found that setting the theme to "Walkman" also increases the speed of the phone over other themes such as "Grape" (which I was using previously) - recommend others do the same.

James

[ This Message was edited by: dualist on 2009-01-19 12:43 ]

Thanks for the tips. Will be sure to remember this with future sony ericssons down the road..
glorfingal
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-20 22:23
If you want to stop the battery cover moving around (almost completely) ...

Use Electrical insulation tape in the 2 locations shown in the image. The white
bits :-] (I couldn't find the black tape .... so it's not colour matched at the mo !)

VladimirOK
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-24 13:34
Thanks for the tips guys. Very helpful indeed.

Before tape i've used a piece of napkin ^_^
rodka
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-01-26 20:47
The phone currently costs 280 euro's down here.

Is it expected to drop even further, or is this as good as it gets?
VladimirOK
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-28 19:48

On 2009-01-26 20:47:00, rodka wrote:
Is it expected to drop even further, or is this as good as it gets?

Who knows. Maybe yes or not

Crisis etc....
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-01-28 21:16

On 2009-01-15 12:04:58, danielbeast wrote:

DOES ANYONE KNOW....

What is that peice attached to the phone in the bottom picture?
And is that stand for the w902 or what is the deal..

They go great together.. any ideas guys?

[ This Message was edited by: danielbeast on 2009-01-16 05:25 ]

On 2009-01-16 15:12:53, glorfingal wrote:
@danielbeast - that's the cds-75 stand :-]

Nope.Thats a CDS-71 desk stand.They came in the box with the T650 and were not available seperately.
The CDS-75 is the newer desk stand that has an adjustable charger port and a much thinner spine and no support for the back of the phone.

Pics of the 2 stands are below.Excuse the dust.The CDS-75 hasn't been used for a few months.

Left is the CDS-75 and right is the CDS-71

I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
riksox
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-02-12 19:55
Are any of you having problems with the screen? When I push the softkeys I get 'pressure marks' on the screen (don't know the right word). I have to push the softkeys gently and precisely to avoid this.

Otherwise, a perfect phone! But this is a really annoying problem...

[ This Message was edited by: riksox on 2009-02-12 19:00 ]
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-02-13 02:31
@riksox
Same problem here, you can see the backlight increase unevenly the softkey corner of the display with every press. I've learnt to deal with it on my 2nd day with the phone. I suspect it's a bad mixture of its materiality and slimness
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
kaw12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-02-20 05:12
hello all just got my phone yesterday with default firmware;
R3DA026; do you think i should/why update to:R3DA032? or any new firmware suggestions?
im afraid the performance may deteriorate if i change; any comments?
thanks very much ( ">)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 3334 353637  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic