Forum > Network operators > Europe > Orange seeks its lost zest

Previous  12
Author Orange seeks its lost zest
apolloa
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-06-09 01:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
You know what. I've been with Orange for what must be 10 or 11 years at least now. Everyone I know is on Orange. I have never had a problem with there CS, yeah I have been on hold but have NEVER spoken to anyone outside the UK that I could tell. I will still stay with them. I've had some brilliant CS from them over the years. I know that it went downhill after it's sell off but only from hear say and not from experience.
I have heard people having bad CS from Three, O2 and I nearly went to Vodafone, didn't like the phone so went back to the shop to change to the K750 on a 12 month contract only to be told I couldn't as they only did 18 month or more contracts in the store. Naturally I said f*** that and went into the Orange store and got it on a nice 12 month one for free.
They all have there bad and good points but for me Orange has been fine.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-06-09 02:14
Well there are some UK call centres still going but most are in India. Like for instance the billing department is in India and so many people have complained of extremely long holding times very rude and bad customer service assistants not helpful and such things. I have had bad experiences myself when i was last with them being on hold for nearly 2 hours and thats not a lie. You have just been lucky but perhaps you dont call them often. I would go back if things got better but for now for me O2 still are miles out in front. Their customer service fair enough i have had one or two assistants not helpful but they have been the very best i have ever experienced from any network and thats something you can rarely say these days. Plus i never have to wait to get through the longest i have waited was 3 mins at peak time.
Wuz
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-06-11 03:47

On 2008-06-09 02:14:00, Bonovox wrote:
... I have had bad experiences myself when i was last with them being on hold for nearly 2 hours and thats not a lie.

I can't possibly imagine staying on hold for nearly 2 hours... surely it would have been quicker to nip to your local store to get it sorted!
JiSm
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-11 09:09
The majority of Indias Orange callcentre is Dealer support and PAYG. Occasionally you will get to "Over flow" which is a back up team in India for Pay monthly. The Billing team is prodominantly in UK now, along with Business CS. Changes are happening as we speak. With regards to 12 months contracts, these are still avaliable. You basically take the 18 month one, add a fiver and remove the unlimited bundle (replacing with 200 landline mins - racoon for eg) and hey presto you have a 12 month tariff on Orange. Handset pricing is calculated on the 18 month tariff too so, if you choose a Tytn2 for eg (which is 89.99 on £35 traiff and £29.99 on £40 tariff) choose the 18 month Racoon 35 and adjust id to 12 months - its £40 - so you het Tytn @ £29.99. Works pretty good actually.
"Back in the land of the long white cloud!"
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-06-11 22:34
When i stayed on hold it was to do with something that the store could not do and it was miles away too. I left it on hold on speaker for that long whilst doing other stuff i eventually got through but i was so shocked that it was so long.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi