Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P1i - nothing will get it to synchronize!

Author P1i - nothing will get it to synchronize!
AD
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-21 19:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I don't think that it's a pcsuite version issue, also there have been compatibility problems between the latest firmware and older versions of the suite.

OK, try this, uninstall the pcsuite, delete all references to Sony Ericsson & the pcsuite from your registry (search from the top of the tree, as there may be some in both HKCU & HKLM), manually delete any drivers from your system32 folder (they all start with the letters 'zebr' for ease of search - make sure to get rid of the .inf files as well, again these start 'zebr'), remove any folders that are left in 'program files' (SE ones that is ).

And start again. This will at least eliminate, any question of corrupt drivers/registry settings (re: the pcsuite), as these may not have been overwritten by your new installation if they were already there. I know it's a pain, but conversely it's good to be methodical.

If this doesn't help then I'd check your XP installation for missing dlls etc. using system file checker (start - run - sfc /startnow), you'll need your XP install CD at the ready, after doing this you'll need to run windows update.

And may the farce be with you (How I hate SE software).

[ This Message was edited by: AD on 2008-04-21 18:16 ]
5nak3
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-21 19:12
this might be a silly suggestion but when you go to start->programs->sony ericcson

does the PC suite say "SE PC suite for smartphones" or "SE PC suite for Sony Ericsson"

I remember when i had installed a version of the PC suite which wasn't named PC suite for smartphones (i think it was called SE PC suite for Sony Ericsson) and it wouldn't sync.

In any case clean the registry would be a good starting point as AD suggested. If you want try out crap cleaner (think they named it ccleaner now) i find that good to clean out old unused registry files...unless someone has any objection to that
AD
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-21 19:18
The only objection I have is that I didn't think of it first
Phoebus
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-04-21 21:36
REALLY thanks for your efforts guys.

Unfortunately I just wasted another 2 hours for nothing!

I followed your suggestions, even completely uninstalled my firewall (zonealarm) and google desktop as I had a feeling that it might have interefered.

Cleaned registry, files, etc... nada! I used the same installation file that I used on the other PC where it worked (latest PC Suite).

5nak3 - although the file (downloaded from SE) is named PC Suite for Smartphones, after install it's called PC Suite for Sony Ericsson. But again, this same one worked on the other PC.

Can I ask you guys something else, if any of the following should be looked into:

- Java Runtime Environment
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
- Microsoft C++ 2005 Redistributable (appears twice in my add/remove)
- MSXML 4.0 SP2
- MSXML 6.0 Parser

Don't know. Just some other stuff that might or might not have something to do with this.

Thanks again!
P.
AD
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-21 21:53
I have all of those too, so I don't think so, sorry

Did you try the sfc?

[ This Message was edited by: AD on 2008-04-21 20:54 ]
5nak3
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-21 21:54
have you tried another USB port? I'm not too good on the conflicting program side of things so i cant advise about those programs however, i have

- Java Runtime Environment
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
- MSXML 4.0 SP2

On my PC as well, so it at least eliminates those programs since my phone syncs with the PC

At the end of the day, can you use the other PC? maybe worst case if all you want to do is sync your contacts sync them on the PC that works, then export them into a file for outlook, log into the PC that doesn't work and then import the file into that outlook. It is not the best solution by a long shot, but it at least gets your contacts on your PC.
Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-04-23 00:02
@Phoebus

master reset your P1 and don't start Dataviz's Actiesync. You should be able to sync with your PC now.
Join the 'dots' and see what happens
ngstein
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-05-17 08:35
HI , i have re-installed all my S Ericsson software and installed it again, i have disabled anti-virus and firewall, i can use the orange part of the PC suite but if i change my phone over to sync it tels me there are no phones attached, but my pc did see the phone, do i only need to use certain port to sync ? There are no crosses or exclamation marks in Device manager. Where do i go wrong...
AD
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-17 17:14
As with Hanzy's problem, this sounds like a problem with mrouter, try checking the advanced settings as I described before (on page 2 of this thread).
ngstein
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-05-18 09:08
Hi, i noticed that my PC suite is Ver 1.3.19, so i am going to download, 1.4.4, but what sometimes happen is that the pc sync my phone and days go by and then it stops to work, i will give you feedback when i installed the newest ver 1.4.4, thans for your help
ngstein
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-05-18 14:13
i have removed the older pc suite that i installed from the cd when i got the phone, rebooted, cleaned the registry, reboot, installed 1.4.4 , I use Kaspersky anti-virus, allowed all, and now it is working ..............................
AD
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-18 17:13
Yay!!!!
fata11
W960
PM
Posted: 2008-05-19 00:49
@Phoebus

1. According to SE, your Outlook must have SP2 installed. Is it so?
2. Do you have any program that "improve" the system appearance? There are tons of them in the net, such as Vista Transformation Pack, ThemeXP and so on. May be you're using some "non-standard" cursors. I was in a real trouble before I get rid of that stuff...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi