Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Everybody has seen a new T68!

Previous  1234  Next
Author Everybody has seen a new T68!
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-13 00:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Von Space : You're reading to fast,..read this part from the post again :
------------------------------------
"software upgrade for the T68 will arrive in March. The upgraded version, called the T68i, could turn existing T68 handsets into the first MMS-capable phones in Singapore."
------------------------------------

READ THIS PART: "could turn EXISTING T68 handsets into the first MMS-............."

Meaning that the "i" is just the software, not the phone itself.

They're talking about turning OUR (the existing) handsets into the first mms-handsets.

It actually says pretty clearly, doesnt it

Jan

Npalamidis
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-02-13 01:20
I think we've talked about this many times in this forum.

Any way, last week when I got my phone upgraded to R2B, I talked with a Venezuelan Sonyericsson Representative (he works at SE) and he told me that the T68i is the phone that will have the MMS software installed from Factory. No new HARDWARE, at all, Just MMS software factory installed. Maybe it will have the Sonyericsson logo instead the Ericsson Logo, and will say T68i at the bottom instead T68.

The hardware (Memory, Procesor, Buttons, Screen,etc) all is the same that the actual T68.

at this visit to the SE representative I was able to see and use the T66 & T65 phones. Also the T60d.

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-13 01:35
Npalamidis : Yes we have discussed this before, and even the same article,..and I said the same last time

The "i" is only the software,..people tend to read to fast

And the only difference will be a cover saying T68i and Sonyericsson instead of Ericsson,..nothing else, hehe.

Jan

arroyootje
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-13 11:33
Man, even if ALL these rumours are true, will we be able to get them any faster by writing them down here?

I think probably in the future, you'll be able to change the colour of your T68...and if you can't, then you just wait for your year's warranty to expire and then you can paint it or do whatever you want

There will ALWAYS be a better phone coming out sooner or later, at the moment we all have the BEST phone in the world! BE HAPPY ABOUT IT!!!!!

Now stop complaining and enjoy your T68a,b,c,d,.... or whatever other symbol you want to put behind it....

c u
Raptor
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-02-13 16:33
Ok
Lets start the countdown to March the 4. (Week 10) and the BIG MMS update! Let's hope the rumors is true!

19 Days left now!!
Orka
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-13 21:02
Quote:

On 2002-02-12 23:20, mpakakos wrote:
...and I said that I agree with you about the luck of information in these stores!

...and sth else, my T68 was one of the first 50 pieces that came in Greece when it was firts released in 1st of November
...so I think that I knw some thing about that mobel as I was searching for it from July!

...but... thank God I don't want to be offencive with you,
ok?
...everything cool!!!

(den sta leo afta gia na se prosvalo orka, pros theou! Ok? Aplos dieykriniseis kano! lol )

Ok, don't worry! No hard feelings, just to discuss few things!

Orka
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-13 21:09
Quote:

On 2002-02-12 23:41, jh67 wrote:
A ORKA are saying,..its all more or less different rumours.
NO One can say these things for sure.
NO One can confirm anything.

its always : "I've heard from a friends friend inside .........."

I agree with you Orka. A lot of these sorts of posts should be in the rumours-section.

And yes, we've discussed the "letters" in the T-68 a million times,..why keep on doing it,..when no one can confirm anything anyway.

Jan

Thank you for your opinion and your support! I am "watching" you since I joined this forum and I have to say honestly that you always have good positioning and sharp answers to any matters came up! Keep up the good work matte! Congratulations also for your site, but it would be better to give us an English version!

Dark
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-02-13 23:30
They released T68i in Hungary. I've seen it. The design is different, it is nacreous, the keyboard is different, the sign is SonyEricsson instead of Ericsson, it has screen-saver and more background pictures, bigger voice memo, MMS, CommunyCam menu, it has 8 games,2 old ones (Erix, Q) and 6 new ones and Picture Phonebook. That' all I know about it, because it's not mine.
So this is an existing phone!
Now I'm curious if the T68 will know all of these new features with a software upgrade????????????Is it possible to make bigger memory by upgrading T68 with a new software?
allexdos
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-14 01:56
Are you sure? I would not have that ericsson would brand their phone with a sonyericsson badge as its an ericsson and production.

I think T68i is an imode phone....

MMS will be called T68

The whole idea of sonyericsson is a joint venture in phone design/production. Its not right to say that sony helped ericsson in the final product of the T68

[ This Message was edited by: allexdos on 2002-02-14 01:57 ]
follalapadoo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-14 06:55
Hi

I have been observing this site ad the forum fo a log time and I find it very successfull. The reson that I am joiing to forums so late is because I might be working for a compaany that did not make it possible for me to make comments on T68. Bad guess, it doesn't have to be SonyEricsson.

Answers to end all of your concerns:

There are no T68 "i" "m" or whatevers, there is and will be only one T68. More colors (one or two) will come out but later. Those letters might exist but they will only serve the purpose of marketing mambo jambo for different markets such as the far east, indicating different standards other than GSM or other languages.

The phone was soley developed by Ericsson R&D guys, so it will never carry the logo of SonyEricsson on the hard case. New coming other phones will do. Software logos will all be SonyEricsson.

Coming to the software: The new phones that will come out in a month will carry the new MMS software, but they will look exactly the same as your current T68.

Your phones wll be upgraded free of charge at SonyEricsson servie centers. The new software will have an animation of SonyEricsson at start instead of the rising sun. It will support picture phonebook, a picture manager that will allow you to store more than one background. You will also be able to set one of the pictures or Gif animations as screensaver. You will have approximtely 800kB of space to allocte to your pictures, better themes, GIF animations and MMS messages. An average quality picture takes about 3-5kB of space, animations about 8-11kB of space nd an MMS around 30kB of space, you do the math. Jpeg viweing is possible but at 256 colors and small screen size, trust me Gif format has a much better performance

New camera for T68 is also on the way, called MCA-20. Expect to hear about this officially in about a little more than a month. With this, the screen of T68 will become a real time visor, you will be able to shoot photos and see them instantly on screen, save them and send them as e-mail or MMS. The picture quality is also a litle better than the MCA-10. This camera will lso be able store 20 pctures in its own memory.

Trust me I know what I am talking about... Your phones are as good as the coming ones. Just wait and see... But I can not give you more informtion right know.

All of this informtion is correct although can not be considered official.

Have a nice day folks

Follapadoo

luguff
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-02-14 07:30
Quote:

On 2002-02-12 23:41, jh67 wrote:
A ORKA are saying,..its all more or less different rumours.
NO One can say these things for sure.
NO One can confirm anything.

its always : "I've heard from a friends friend inside .........."

I agree with you Orka. A lot of these sorts of posts should be in the rumours-section.

And yes, we've discussed the "letters" in the T-68 a million times,..why keep on doing it,..when no one can confirm anything anyway.

Jan

Well how would you confirm it on a bulletin board? I don't necessarily agree with you guys. If you have a good source in the company(Ericsson or ) and you get first-hand information on the T68 for instance, I consider that more than a rumour. However, I wouldn't consider a friend's friend's, or a friend's dad's friend's(or... you get the point) word-of-mouth, anything but a rumour(gossip, really).
I could add quite a lot to what this discussion started, but I have already done so, and also since it wasn't the intention from the original poster I won't go there.
Orka
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-14 17:59
To follalapadoo

Hey, my friend thank you for your information. It is very helpful and I hope you will discourage some people from spreading ruomors. Thank you again for sharing your knowledge with us.

Orka
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-14 18:10
Quote:

Well how would you confirm it on a bulletin board? I don't necessarily agree with you guys. If you have a good source in the company(Ericsson or ) and you get first-hand information on the T68 for instance, I consider that more than a rumour. However, I wouldn't consider a friend's friend's, or a friend's dad's friend's(or... you get the point) word-of-mouth, anything but a rumour(gossip, really).
I could add quite a lot to what this discussion started, but I have already done so, and also since it wasn't the intention from the original poster I won't go there.

I believe that the problem is not the source.It is far more important to consider: what are the purposes of spreading a rumor and not a fact? I mean, one guys saw a T68 brushed silver! Ok fine. No problem. We saw also some pictures of it. At the end we learned that this cover was the original one but someone stained it silver. The meaning was not that one changed the cover's colour. The meaning was that Ericsson offers T68 silver. The same story also applies for the blue T68.
I am a bit reluctant to these "news". I tend to believe only what I see with my own eyes.

Mastercomilao
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-02-14 18:10
Thanks mate! Every day I īm more excitted about the MMS upgrade, especially about the 800k , I already considered the 600k a very good memory!
Forgive but can you also confirme when are we getting our hands on that BOMB! 4th of March was a already said here in Esato, true?
Many thanks again and greetings from Portugal
Orka
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-14 18:35
Quote:

On 2002-02-13 23:30, Dark wrote:
They released T68i in Hungary. I've seen it. The design is different, it is nacreous, the keyboard is different, the sign is SonyEricsson instead of Ericsson, it has screen-saver and more background pictures, bigger voice memo, MMS, CommunyCam menu, it has 8 games,2 old ones (Erix, Q) and 6 new ones and Picture Phonebook. That' all I know about it, because it's not mine.
So this is an existing phone!
Now I'm curious if the T68 will know all of these new features with a software upgrade????????????Is it possible to make bigger memory by upgrading T68 with a new software?

Can you please give us some photos or an evidence that this phone exists? How do you explain that this phone is beeing sold already only in Hungary and not in any other European country?

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  1234  Next
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic