Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion

Previous  123 ... 503 504505506  Next
Author Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion
waibun_lee
RIM BlackBerry Bold 9900
PM
Posted: 2009-08-22 17:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I personally agree with number2, these days you don't really get rewarded with brand loyalty. SE used to be a company in the forefront of innovation but now has slipped down the slope and is becoming struggling company. The xperia I thought was going to be great but it wasn't at all, the build quality is poor, the software unusable and a repair centre that seems to be run by idiots after I rang them about the chip on the side of my xperia which was no older than 2 months. Sure the software side maybe subjective to the user but even the most diehard users have to agree that hunting down cabs and transferring them over then installing them is a pain.

On a side note another issue with SE has always been release dates, they announce a phone and it’s not released for best part of half a year if not more. The fact they try to fill the time between handsets with the same old generic mid-end phones is awful. The X2? I think I’m gonna give that one a miss.
Crib my supply (Phone: BB 9700)
number2
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-23 01:32
Thanks Walbun Lee,
You have managed to put those points far more eloquently than me, the X1 has some good features, but build quality, late release, pointless panels and SEs usual poor support,to mention but a few things combined to give an Xperience that never lived up to my expectations, though some have allowed brand loyalty to blinker them to the X1s short comings, the phone will not be remembered as ground breaking, but a pretty flawed short term fix by SE, buying in HTCs expertise, whilst not ensuring that the software, and production were up to an acceptable standard.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-08-23 04:13

On 2009-08-22 17:29:40, waibun_lee wrote:
I personally agree with number2, these days you don't really get rewarded with brand loyalty. SE used to be a company in the forefront of innovation but now has slipped down the slope and is becoming struggling company. The xperia I thought was going to be great but it wasn't at all, the build quality is poor, the software unusable and a repair centre that seems to be run by idiots after I rang them about the chip on the side of my xperia which was no older than 2 months. Sure the software side maybe subjective to the user but even the most diehard users have to agree that hunting down cabs and transferring them over then installing them is a pain.

On a side note another issue with SE has always been release dates, they announce a phone and it’s not released for best part of half a year if not more. The fact they try to fill the time between handsets with the same old generic mid-end phones is awful. The X2? I think I’m gonna give that one a miss.

Personally I don't care about any loyalty.
I buy what I like and keep what works well.
It's always like that: there are happy, whining and unhappy about anything.
That's how it goes.

Some of users like some features, some not.... Whatever.
My X1 is the best SE I had. Just like that.
a w a r e
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-08-23 04:17

On 2009-08-23 01:32:44, number2 wrote:
though some have allowed brand loyalty to blinker them to the X1s short comings, the phone will not be remembered as ground breaking, but a pretty flawed short term fix by SE

Sorry mate but this is a little bulls..t.

BTW X1 was the first smartphone with 480 x 800 screen
and with this quality.

"pretty flawed" that's funny indeed.

Can you show me really, obviously much greater, not flawed device around?
I'm curious.
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2009-08-23 03:19 ]
a w a r e
koto
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-08-23 18:44
@doministry
I also had mixed emotions about windows mobile. At one point I was actually missing UIQ badly and even looked at the new Iphone- I simply can't stand poor software performance. Then I realised that core player, which I constantly use, is the big culprit-probably not fully optimised for xperia. It should be closed after usage. Also I found and start to use speed booster - I would call it windows mobile swiss pro:-) Finaly I found apps 'informant' and 'midomi'. The first is amazing pim apps - as I am a manager in a bank I needed something like that. The second is id track which is the single one app I missed from P1.
So I can understand those people who don't like xperia or winmo in general. It is rather strange operating system. But after one bring it to the desired state it becomes a killer machine. As you said, this is by far the best SE phone I had.

waibun_lee
RIM BlackBerry Bold 9900
PM
Posted: 2009-08-23 23:59
The X1 is still pretty flawed, the flashy advert with the kids and the paper aeroplanes tried to make it more mass market and accessible, hence the panels thing they tried to implement. The X1 seemed to me like an experiment and we were the paying guinea pigs, most of us were paying silly amounts for the phone. Yes the every phone has its own shortcomings but when you’re paying £500 the last thing you’d expect is build quality to be an issue, software bugs and a steep learning curve maybe but not for a phone to break that’s not something you can really ignore.

I consider myself an advanced user but I couldn’t use this phone on a day to day basis due to the fact that most people like a phone to just work out of the box, no pc synchronisation, no myriad of set up menus just something that I don’t have to troll around a forum for to solve. By that I mean the speed issues, software bugs and the countless number of cabs I had to hunt down because I wanted a particular feature. In the end this phone wasn’t for me despite SE assuring me it was with its hype, maybe I’m not who SE were trying to target but I’m pretty damn sure they were trying to sell it as a premium device that was all singing and dancing and it simply wasn’t.
Crib my supply (Phone: BB 9700)
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-08 18:17
GUYS,

Almost 100% X1 will get WM 6.5 update.
a w a r e
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-08 18:20

On 2009-08-23 18:44:36, koto wrote:
@doministry
I also had mixed emotions about windows mobile. At one point I was actually missing UIQ badly and even looked at the new Iphone- I simply can't stand poor software performance. Then I realised that core player, which I constantly use, is the big culprit-probably not fully optimised for xperia. It should be closed after usage. Also I found and start to use speed booster - I would call it windows mobile swiss pro:-) Finaly I found apps 'informant' and 'midomi'. The first is amazing pim apps - as I am a manager in a bank I needed something like that. The second is id track which is the single one app I missed from P1.
So I can understand those people who don't like xperia or winmo in general. It is rather strange operating system. But after one bring it to the desired state it becomes a killer machine. As you said, this is by far the best SE phone I had.

Yes, I've had mixed emotions about WM's UI in the beginning,
but after I started to see what it offers and what are the apps,
yes, it's a "killer machine."
a w a r e
koto
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-09-09 11:27

On 2009-09-08 18:17:44, doministry wrote:
GUYS,

Officially through SEUS? That would be really nice.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-09 12:16

On 2009-09-09 11:27:03, koto wrote:

On 2009-09-08 18:17:44, doministry wrote:
GUYS,

Officially through SEUS? That would be really nice.

Well that's exactly what comes from itje's thread on xda,
he HAS it - official, not released SE 6.5 ROM....
a w a r e
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-09-10 16:41

On 2009-09-09 12:16:30, doministry wrote:

No he hasn't - http://xperiancers.com/2009/09/10/x1-upgrade-not-in-the-roadmap/ - 100% confirmed, X1 will not get 6.5 through SEUS, and that's not an official ROM on XDA.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-10 22:44

On 2009-09-10 16:41:59, Boinng wrote:

On 2009-09-09 12:16:30, doministry wrote:

No he hasn't - http://xperiancers.com/2009/09/10/x1-upgrade-not-in-the-roadmap/ - 100% confirmed, X1 will not get 6.5 through SEUS, and that's not an official ROM on XDA.

Well - his ROM did not come out of the blue,
it's based on SE,
but true, not released = not official...

We'll see about the update when 6.5 will be official,
it's a bit mess right now...
a w a r e
snoFlake
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-09-11 00:38
Maybe the non-existant upgrade to 6.5 won't arrive just in time for my brother's X1 to get back from the repair shop after 7 months use. Yeah for £550 he doesn't feel abused at all and having had owned 3 HTC's without any problem previously I'm sure he'll be thrilled by the X2 aanouncement and will be lining up to purchase one for another £600 odd at release.
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-09-11 14:59

On 2009-09-10 22:44:43, doministry wrote:
Well - his ROM did not come out of the blue,
it's based on SE

That's what he says - however, SE, through Xperiancers, flatly deny that. All of these ROMs originally come from somewhere, but since XDA has been riddled with leaked HTC ROMs from day one and the X1 is effectively an HTC device, it's almost certain that his "official" ROM is just cloned from some other HTC device - nothing to do with SE.
leonsio213
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-10-05 17:12
I`re got XPERIA X1 - when I`m working in opera and I`m opening web pages, it often stops working. How can I correct it?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 503 504505506  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic