Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 491492493 ... 504505506  Next
Author Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 discussion
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-03-11 22:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Do you think you could get WinMo 6.5 running well on the X1 even if you have to remove the panels?
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-03-12 02:25
@badassman
You can try 6.5 on the X1 already. Go to XDA.

@borisisinvin
I got a feeling, no matter what brand of phone you buy, you are going to have problems

Didn't we establish a while ago that you bought a lemon X1 ?
Tigershark42
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-03-12 10:50
Hi all! I just got my X1! Itsblack, and I think its fantastic (having to get used to how many menus you have to get through lol). Anyway, I wanted to ask a couple of questions.

1. My X1 cant seem to receive files via bluetooth. I dont think it supports the profile for it (out of the box) but I am hoping this can be fixed, since its pretty important for me.

2. How did you go about getting your contacts from an SE A100/A200 phone onto the X1? I wanted to just bluetooth them all, saving alot of trouble, but I can't because of the above problem.

3. I do not want to install touchFLO 3D, because I understand it makes the device very slow, but I do want to install some other apps from the Blackstone (HTC Touch HD). So far I have only been able to get the volume app and the keyboard working. I also want to use the album, the mp3 trimmer and the fullscreen player, but having installed these, I cant run them afterwards.

4. My X1 is a vodafone contract device which I bought from someone else. I am using it with an 02 Pay & Go sim card. I am having problems getting WAP/GPRS settings from 02 for the device- dont know whether this is because of the vodafone preconfigurations- and if it is- do you have any thoughts or advice on flashing the device (to generic UK ROM)? Otherwise, does anyone know what the manual settings to be entered are?

Many Thanks!
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-03-12 11:39
1. My X1 receives bluetooth out of the box.
I just paired this with the device which sends me things.
swat08
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-03-12 15:13
any idea how to beam multiple files at once??
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-03-12 16:29

On 2009-03-12 15:13:19, swat08 wrote:
any idea how to beam multiple files at once??

I think the best way is to do it through TotalCommander (free) which is like inbuilt files manager but allows that. And is fine.
a w a r e
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-03-12 16:59

On 2009-03-11 04:36:29, WhyBe wrote:
WinMo needs updating...6.5 coming soon.

But not officially. That's worth pointing out. Anyone buying the X1 thinking that SE will update it to 6.5 is going to be dissapointed - the only way to do it is with a homecooked, warranty-challenging hacked ROM from XDA or the likes.
borisisinvin
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-03-12 19:13

On 2009-03-12 02:25:34, WhyBe wrote:

@borisisinvin
I got a feeling, no matter what brand of phone you buy, you are going to have problems

Didn't we establish a while ago that you bought a lemon X1 ?

Not true at all, I think you assumed I had a lemon, I think the jury is still out on that one. I can't help but see some people mentioning that they're having the same problems on this thread that I've been experiencing with my X1 since purchasing it... All of the defects I mentioned above with those other SE phones are notorious problems with those models, proof is just a short google search away (google SE X1 cracks, go ahead I dare yah)... SE really needs to get there QC in check if they want to stay in the game in this economic climate. I can tell you that they've already lost one extremely loyal customer, and with there yearly and quarterly earning reports being what they are, that's going to hurt them in the long run quarter over quarter. With all of that in mind, I think you need to modify your original statement to say, "I got a feeling, no matter what SE phone you buy, you are going to have problems."

To be very honest with you the only mobile phone I've ever owned (and none SE phone at that) that I never had ANY problems with was my N95 8GB. I'm still a little bummed that I sold my N95 8GB for the X1... I can't wait to go back to Nokia after this experience with my SE X1. You better believe that it'll do everything it's advertised to do, and well (plus you totally get way more bang for your buck with Nokia, there phones also seem to maintain there value better on the second hand market and grey market...). I can't wait to get Software Updates again regularly fixing bugs and adding new functionality with my N97, when it finally comes out and I can get one, as lame as that sounds. :/ Knock Nokia as much as you like, but this is one of the many little reasons I personally feel they're still the king of the heap atm.
[ This Message was edited by: borisisinvin on 2009-03-12 18:18 ]
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-03-12 21:00
@borisisinvin

Well, your wallet - your choice.
However, I have an Xperia for few months and it does what is supposed to do. Not beeing perfect of course, but that's how it is today.
It's still on FIRST FW. No cracks etc.

Also, remember Nokia - the "best" in your eyes - just made the worst manufactured device, 5800, with hardware and software flaws. No surprise they have to upgrade it.... Of course I'm a bit sarcastic,
but after P990 and P1 Xperia is the most reliable business device I had in years!
So, maybe your X1 is not lemon but you just don't understand it?
About cracks I'm sorry, but they can replace it.
borisisinvin
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-03-12 22:07

On 2009-03-12 21:00:26, doministry wrote:
@borisisinvin

Well, your wallet - your choice.
However, I have an Xperia for few months and it does what is supposed to do. Not beeing perfect of course, but that's how it is today.
It's still on FIRST FW. No cracks etc.

Also, remember Nokia - the "best" in your eyes - just made the worst manufactured device, 5800, with hardware and software flaws. No surprise they have to upgrade it.... Of course I'm a bit sarcastic,
but after P990 and P1 Xperia is the most reliable business device I had in years!
So, maybe your X1 is not lemon but you just don't understand it?
About cracks I'm sorry, but they can replace it.

[quote]

Hey! Yeah, I understand WM pretty well now, and still don't like it much, but that's beside the point. My X1 is also still on the first FW with no cracks and etc too... I knew what I was buying before I bought my X1, and heard what everyone had to say about WM, and 9 out of 10 times it's been true... That's now ok, and I've come to grips with that. I never said Nokia's were the "best btw... :/ While true about the 5800, I think that if you look at Nokia's overall track record, it's leaps and bounds better than that of SE's, just telling the honest truth, and from first hand experience with SE's devices. I don't have another phone at the moment and can't afford to be with out my phone while it's off with SE Europe so they can fix it... I unfortunately bought a unlocked grey market X1i from the UK. That's the price you pay to be on the bleeding edge I guess, and more often than not left me fudged when dealing with SE and there wares. This will be the last time I buy one of there phones for this many many other reasons.
karlosperu
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2009-03-13 00:06
xperia vs n97

more

http://dailymobile.se/2009/03[....]97-vs-sony-ericsson-xperia-x1/

WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-03-13 02:42
I wonder if people with cracked X1's wear tighter pants than others?
borisisinvin
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-03-13 06:40

On 2009-03-13 02:42:06, WhyBe wrote:
I wonder if people with cracked X1's wear tighter pants than others?

HAHAHAHA! No skinny jeans here. I think it's a problem with the way they're either pouring the molds, or just a design flaw... Whatever the case it sucks and definitely not acceptable, skinny jeans or not.
borisisinvin
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-03-13 06:44

On 2009-03-13 00:06:08, giancito wrote:
xperia vs n97

more

http://dailymobile.se/2009/03[....]97-vs-sony-ericsson-xperia-x1/

Thanks for the size comparison photos! They're really good, and give a great idea of the dimensions of the N97. It doesn't look too much bigger than the X1, which in my opinion is a good thing and where ever it is bigger it's in a good place imho (looking at the screen and dpad!).
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-03-13 12:22
Heh, IMO N97 is quite bigger than X1...
I must say X1 design is unbeatable as for me...
a w a r e
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 491492493 ... 504505506  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic