Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Surfing on K850 via bluetooth using my pc's internet connection

Previous  123  Next
Author Surfing on K850 via bluetooth using my pc's internet connection
Rishone
Z520 black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-16 14:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Surfing on K850 via bluetooth using my pc's internet connection

can i do it on my P1i.
buntoo
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2008-01-19 20:53
I think you can coz p1i is a symbian phone and there are a few applications(dont remember their names) which enable u to surf pc internet connection on ur smart phone.
Or just check if P1i supports Bluetooth PAN profile then u can make it done without help of any other software.
Rishone
Z520 black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-20 09:12
Thanks man, it supports the PAN profile, but i dont know i how to use it. please help me.
anshul17k
Xperia X8 White
PM
Posted: 2008-01-20 11:22
any idea how 2 do this on w810i ???
buntoo
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2008-01-21 00:04

On 2008-01-20 11:22:29, anshul17k wrote:
any idea how 2 do this on w810i ???

No, its not possible with w810i as it doesn't support bt pan profile.
anshul17k
Xperia X8 White
PM
Posted: 2008-01-21 05:05
m using blluetooth dongle n when my w810i is connected 2 pc ,the icon of pan is highlighted it means this function is available ...hv 2 find a way 2 connect it through internet..

n u hv any idea of how 2 use phone as a microphone so that voice chattin can be done over gtalk ...by any means like usb or bluetooth...softwares r available on web but its not free n trial version is limited to 5 min usage...

[ This Message was edited by: anshul17k on 2008-01-21 04:08 ]
buntoo
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2008-01-21 12:30

On 2008-01-20 09:12:21, rishone wrote:
Thanks man, it supports the PAN profile, but i dont know i how to use it. please help me.

I dont have a P1i.. but i think if it supports PAN then simply follow my previous instructions post.
Hope it works.
or just make a search on Google.
mokmoki
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-03-05 14:55
thanks for this post! followed each step and voila! instant internet! thanks!
barrboy89
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-03-14 23:07
Hello, i have followed the tutorial to try and do this as i think it would be rather coool. But when i try and connect my phone (w910i) by going on my bluetooth places, right clicking on network access, and clicking connect, it says connecting but then comes up with an error message saying
"the network access connection failed: can't connect when both sides are configured as NAP."

Does anyone know how i can get round this?

Thanks
geroldbravo
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-03-23 15:20
sorry for posting off-topic for i have a k800@k810, can this work on my phone?? i mean even the usb ones??
msgmayjing
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-03-24 04:59
I followed the steps in the link and I still can't seem to go online. I don't know which Data account to choose from. Can anyone help me? I use T-Mobile if that helps.
darkest
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-04-05 12:17
Hi,
Thanks for taking the time making those instructions. I can connect to my laptop (built in bluetooth) but when I try surf the internet it comes with the error message " communication failure. Try again or contact your operator for support" I was wondering if I listed my k850i settings you could tell me If you have any different as you have managed to get it to work.

Settings>Connectivity>bluetooth>data.accounts - Orange internet
Settings>Connectivity>internet.settings>connect.using - Orange gprs Wap
Settings>Connectivity>streaming.settings>.connect.using Panudefaultaccount
I have allowed on all local connections on the mobile and under network sharing there is no information listed. Is this any different to you? Also when it is connected and you surf the internet does the litte wap picture of a globe still appear?

Thanks

[ This Message was edited by: darkest on 2008-04-05 11:27 ]
strizlow800
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-04-06 14:10
This used to work via Sony ericsson SDK with my w800, it works with my k800@810 too, and it should work with the k850 too. But when using the SE SDK you cannot surf with the built in browser. You can only use java applications to surf with via bluetooth connection.
Sony Ericsson software/hardware support!

Phone Flashing Tutorial (DB2020 CID49/51/52)
copenhagen
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-05-03 20:29
okay so i got it working successfully.

on the pc side. hoook up your phone via usb cable and let windows detect and install everything, if it asks for the cd pop in the install cd that came with the phone, the missing driver is on that cd . I did a network bridge (preexisting from k790) my lan and the bluetooth network entry. (this is on vista) (the network sharing method messed up my ps3/wmp library access... so use the bridge method.

on the phone side.
first you pair your phone to your pc. important!! WHEN YOU WANT TO USE THE INET you have to go into settings -> bluetooth -> devices -> select your pcname and hit connect. (verify the connection on your pc the !st time only) and move on when its connected. YOU WILL have to do this each time you want to use the inet in this manor. moving on. unlike the k790, the k850 does NOT show your computer name w/bt icon as an option to choose under data accounts no matter what you do. (if you skip this step you will be able to access web pages, but wont be able to download anything. RSS also will not work .. yet) Create a new data acount. Name it whatever you want. For APN create a name that Matches identicaly, your computer name (the name that shows under bluetooth devices.) The last thing you have to do is go into internet settings, streaming settings, etc and choose the data account you just created, and everywhere you can find allow local, select it.

Your ready to go. No special browser needed. Rss working. Downloading from inet mp3's jar files etc, just remember to initate the connection from the bluetooth devices screen on your phone.

NOTE:
USB conneciton will also work for this method, just choose the data account you created in the usb netowrk settings.

Thanks for everyone who helped me figure this oput, no thanks to sony for making it easy.

-cope

[ This Message was edited by: copenhagen on 2008-05-03 21:55 ]
copenhagen
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-05-04 06:23
you have to watch on your pc when you initiate the connection THE FIRST TIME ONLY. Right after you press connect on the phone, the bluetooth incon on your pc should go green. When it does, CLICK ON IT and a setup dialoge should appear for you to enter something like "always allow this connection". Once that has been done... your bluetooth connection failed ... well wont fail anymore.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi