Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Nokia N95 8gb review by Dogmann Part 2

Author Nokia N95 8gb review by Dogmann Part 2
SIGHUP
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2008-03-20 05:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@einst

I hear you on not displaying names in car kit. I am also considering xxperia or something else. For now n95 is fine.

@last poster

N95-3: US 3G removable storage

N95-4: internal 8gb storage and larger screen.
Wuz
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-05-21 16:34
Dogmann ...or anyone else in the know... would appreciate some advice.

I ahve just got the n95 8gb on Orange and am finding it a fantastic phone, with no problems so far (I am on the latest firmware...V20.0.016).
However, I was reading through the early part of this thread and was concerned to read that another use was having problems with Contents Copier. It seemed that he was able to back up data but when it came to restoring, it did not work and hsi computer re-booted.
My concern is simply this: I have input data on my phone and backed it up using Contents Copier. However, how can I check that I can restore the data successfully, if need be, without first wiping the data from the phone and then testing the restore. If I do this, and it doesn't work, I will have lost everything?!
Can I perhaps restore everything onto the phone without wiping it first, thereby getting two copies of everything (if the restore works)? -If so, I could then just wipe everything and do another restore and will presumably end up where I started ...but will hjave successfully tested the process.

On a separate point, any new apps (not included in the thread thus far) that you or anyone else would recommend looking at?

Thanks in advance.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-21 16:37
Hi Wuz

Sorry i really can't help as sold my N95 8GB back in January and i also have never used any of the back and restore functions either.

As i prefer to install all my apps to the phone and just Sync with Outlook for my Data and manually copy Documents and Films over.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-05-21 15:38 ]
Wuz
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-05-21 20:30
No problems Marc - Thanks for the quick response.

....anyone else?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi