QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-16 12:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-11-15 23:56:04, NightBlade wrote:

On 2007-11-15 23:32:57, Dogmann wrote:
@plankgatan

OK then you say this in every thread just what is your explanation for so many bad pictures and so many dissatisfied users then? Especially as so many of them are already K series owners and SE fans.

Or are you going to suggest really they are all just Nokia fans out to discredit SE? In fact in the K850Firmware thread there is even Jonathan Morris who works for a Mobile Magazine that reviews devices for his living and he definitely knows how to use a K series phone. To put it simply everyone else can't possibly all be wrong and only you are right, can they?

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-15 22:33 ]

What's your problem!? Why do you always have to start arguing? He just said that usually K850 takes far better pics. And I can confirm that. I've seen many fantastic pics taken with a K850.
It's all about the settings...

oh yeah! bring out the almighty settings!
i cnat believe the amount of people here who fall for plank's pics. they are resized therefore they are sharp, if you cant get that into your head then you shouldnt be taking pics in the first place.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 13:02

On 2007-11-16 12:56:06, QVGA wrote:
i cnat believe the amount of people here who fall for plank's pics. they are resized therefore they are sharp, if you cant get that into your head then you shouldnt be taking pics in the first place.

but not everyone here wants to be an expert photographer, and for most people these resized clear pics and perfect for emailing and posting on web sites etc, and therefore most can be quite happy

I can tell you that I know 6 people in the office here who are not techies and don't visit forums but who are well impressed with their K850 pics... so this is the man on the street talking

I'd agree from what I have seen here (in nauseating detail!) that the N95 (now on its 3rd firmware) produces better full size pics than the k850 on its first firmware
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 13:03
I have an N95, Viewty, G600, and a K850i in my family, The K850i is NOT as bad as SOME people would have you believe, It does it's job in the picture taking dept quite adequately.
It is no runaway market leader NOR does it lag very far behind it's main rivals, If i was forced to choose just one of those 4 very good devices i would plump for the G600 mainly because it's by far the cheapest yet it has by far the most solid construction.
JoJo actually makes a lot of sense somtimes
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 13:07
Including more settings in the device is a good thing IMO as it encourages people to experiment with what they have.

I certainly don't HAVE to change the settings everytime I take a picture but I am glad the options are there.
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 13:59

On 2007-11-16 09:03:22, KingBooker5 wrote
I disagree. He was arguing against Plankgaton's ludicrus comments. Some times he is such a fanboy in favour of SE and tries to make out they have no flaws and nokia is bad.

What comments? Oh, well.. I guess I hadn't seen them...
My bad.

Um.. yeah.. back to topic..
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 14:21

and for most people these resized clear pics and perfect for emailing and posting on web sites etc

@massuer

Considering how the K850i is placed the Selling point is definately the 5mp
camera and the xenon.

So considering probability who would fall for this device are
Photo enthusiastic
Techies.

Most people these resized clear pics and perfect for emailing and posting on web sites etc

So why would one buy K850i 5MP camera,just to take a vga size pic,which clearly a one year old k800,and 2year old k750 can do it easily well without any problems unlike the k850i.and not to forget the price being higher,than older devices,

So why would one purchase k850 just to take this normal vga like photos,when 2yr old k750 can do it?doesnt make sense

Clearly K850i is being purchased based on two things "CYBERSHOT"
"5MP XENON FLASH".With most of people expecting it to be "CYBERSHOT LEVEL PICTURE QUALITY CUM PHONE"

Which fails the expectations miserably.

[ This Message was edited by: arunvc on 2007-11-16 13:31 ]
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-16 14:27

On 2007-11-16 13:02:10, masseur wrote:

On 2007-11-16 12:56:06, QVGA wrote:

but not everyone here wants to be an expert photographer, and for most people these resized clear pics and perfect for emailing and posting on web sites etc, and therefore most can be quite happy

I can tell you that I know 6 people in the office here who are not techies and don't visit forums but who are well impressed with their K850 pics... so this is the man on the street talking

I'd agree from what I have seen here (in nauseating detail!) that the N95 (now on its 3rd firmware) produces better full size pics than the k850 on its first firmware

agreed 110%. I myself wouldnt bother with a full 5MP pic, but only a full pic will show a camera's true and undoubted potential, not a resized one.
If you want to test a really fast sports car, you wouldnt just want to take it to 60mph and then judge, you'd want to take to 150-200 to make a fair judgment.

N71 + 2GB MiniSD

[ This Message was edited by: QVGA on 2007-11-16 13:28 ]
mongoose3800
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 14:59
I agree 110% with Mike2. Why is it plank will discredit anyone who provides evidence that K850 does not perform well. I know why - Plank rhymes with another word that I know of that starts with W. Why is it that Mike2's experience is the same as mine:(http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/viewphotos.php?pid=8111 , http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/viewphotos.php?pid=8112 and http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/viewphotos.php?pid=8109, http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/viewphotos.php?pid=8110)? Are we both idiots? I think not. We are just willing to be objective and honest. If K850 was better we would be saying so and buying it. But, we don't have to justify our stupid phallic decission to buy latest and greatest only to find it isn't what we expected. In w(pl)anks mind we must be Nokia fans. I'm not. W(pl)ank has shown so often that his bias is to what ever phone he owns - just read his past posts. Every single photo w(pl)ank has posted is the best of his best. He has not proven that the K850 can consistantly provide decent photo's without painful setting up, questionable modifications and over zealous shrinking. The few full res samples provided are pretty poor quality if you ask me. His comments are worthless!

Mike2 is quite correct - the camera on K850 is a huge let down. And as w([pl)ank has pointed out - the N95 takes good daytime shots ass well as well as poor indoor/night shots. So, what happens now that N82 has a real flash? The K850 is a much less attractive option. The N82 may well have it over K850 and i'm not ruling out Samsung. One thing i do know is I won't be recommending K850 to anyone right now. nor would I recommed N95. The 82 looks very promissing. I hope Se is prepared.
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 21:22

On 2007-11-16 13:59:35, NightBlade wrote:

I disagree. He was arguing against Plankgaton's ludicrus comments. Some times he is such a fanboy in favour of SE and tries to make out they have no flaws and nokia is bad.

My bad.

The very ones you have been defending.
How can you defend plankgaton for resizing and editing the pictures the sorry exuse for a 5mp cam phone that the k850 is? Were here to debate the cam its self not your editing techniques!

Some times biggest fans have to accept that have flaws!

AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2007-11-17 05:47

On 2007-11-16 13:02:10, masseur wrote:

Most of these people you're talking about sure have been ripped off, convinced into buying a 5 MP camera when 1 MP would have been sufficient.
These poor ripped-off customers could have saved hundreds of dollars buying a camera phone that would better meet their needs.

On 2007-11-16 14:27:34, QVGA wrote:
agreed 110%. I myself wouldnt bother with a full 5MP pic, but only a full pic will show a camera's true and undoubted potential, not a resized one.
If you want to test a really fast sports car, you wouldnt just want to take it to 60mph and then judge, you'd want to take to 150-200 to make a fair judgment.

Not forgetting us idiots that actually print some of our photos. Which version of your photo would you put on a memory stick and walk off with to the photo shop? The 5 MP version or the 0.5 MP version? (Esato's 800x600 is 0.45 MP.)
If you were to print both, which would look better on 4x6? Or even 8x10 or A4?

[ This Message was edited by: AbuBasim on 2007-11-17 05:28 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-18 16:13
@Mweb6161

Sorry but how can you say

"It does it's job in the picture taking dept quite adequately"

Like that is a good thing for a flagship Cybershot Camera phone whose main selling point is meant to be it's Camera and picture taking abilities even the K800 took stunning pictures for it's time.

Now if it was only the pictures that had problems that would be one thing but it isn't is it, and whilst it may not effect everyone they do seem to be effecting rather a lot of people and not just on one device either. How long has it been available and still no sign of new firmware unless you are lucky enough to get a replacement with the new firmware that also still has problems.

What is really funny is when the N95 was realeased and some had problems SE fans insisted it was all of them and of all of them were rubbish despite what others where explaining and saying.

So using the same analogy all K850's are rubbish then which even i don't believe, but i do believe many have problems and SE is taking much to long to release firmware on SEUS and helps those stuck with the first firmware, if they can put it on new phones why not SEUS? it just makes no sense.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-18 15:13 ]
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2007-11-18 16:21

On 2007-11-16 21:22:27, KingBooker5 wrote:

On 2007-11-16 13:59:35, NightBlade wrote:

My bad.

The very ones you have been defending.
How can you defend plankgaton for resizing and editing the pictures the sorry exuse for a 5mp cam phone that the k850 is? Were here to debate the cam its self not your editing techniques!

Some times biggest fans have to accept that have flaws!

I do accept that it has flaws. I also know that it's in its first firmware stage. The pic quality will be much better as they release the new firmwares.
But, seriously, plank's pics are awesome.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-23 15:35
@NightBlade

Everyone keeps mentioning it will get new Firmware which will sort things out but just when will people be able to do this? I mean how long has the K850 been out for now people started getting theirs from the 12th October onwards so that's nearly 6 weeks ago. SE have realeased a newer firmware on the phones but no Seus update, just what's so difficult in loading it on Seus despite the fact it would only help those with unbranded phones.

We will just have to wait and see just how much the Firmware actually fixes when it eventually arrives, but IMO SE as always takes far to long and really who wants a phone that doesn't function as it should and have to wait nearly two months or more for fixes.

My N95 8GB was released well after the K850 and actually didn't really have any problems at all but it has already received it first Firmware and that's why people choose Nokia as if there any bugs at least Firmware is released quickly.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-23 14:35 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-11-23 15:52
On 2007-11-16 14:21:14, arunvc wrote:
Clearly K850i is being purchased based on two things "CYBERSHOT"
"5MP XENON FLASH".With most of people expecting it to be "CYBERSHOT LEVEL PICTURE QUALITY CUM PHONE"

Not necessarily. Here the K850i is available for free on a lot of contracts and is positioned in the same sectors the K750i and K800i, its a mid-tier offering. Cyber-shot and Xenon flash are powerful selling points but I doubt the majority of buyers will be as enthusiastic about picture-taking to buy it solely for its flash and cam.

The vast majority will upgrade to the K850i because its just the latest Sony Ericsson.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2007-11-23 14:53 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi