Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Nokia N95 8gb review by Dogmann Part 1

Previous  123 ... 131415  Next
Author Nokia N95 8gb review by Dogmann Part 1
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-11-15 03:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Nice PURCHASE and small REVIEW back there matey . . . I can SEE OTIS' nosey in some photos uploaded pal ! [addsig]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-15 05:34
@themarques

Thanks yeah i have been to Kings both him and his girlfriend know what they are doing wish i could make the trip. Has any one tried just changing the product code and re flashing some one somewhere said it had the option now. HATE this Voda Rubbish they have 4 Albums that are just single tracks that i can't delete and this LIVE thing is way to in my face.

But i have already moved all my folders round to hide the rubbish i don't want. How much free Mass Storage did you have i only get 7.1GB I'm about to delete Cities and nothing else i can dump. I may actually post RMSD to him as don't think i could make the journey just now.

Yes it came with Spiderman 3 and also a couple of ring tones and a message tone which will all be deleted now i think of it.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-15 04:35 ]
jakontil
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-11-15 06:05
hi dogmann,

congrats on your purchase, and i think you are relieved to miss the E90 in place of N95 8GB version seems like the ageing E90 is no longer a prime right now as the N95 8GB have been outstanding

just a question, how does the GPS perform compared to E90/N95 original version, i know among the nokia handset, 6110 nav performs the best, but if the N95 8GB comparable to 6110, i might have a second thought getting it

how does the quality of materials made for the body? better than the original N95? does it weight a little heavier? in a way that it's more solid and less plastic?

just an off topic question, what kind of dog do you own?

thanks mate, enjoy
I capturing sexy women on the beach
I

This message was posted from an iphone
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-15 11:24
now i am interested in a battery standby review
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
themarques
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-15 16:50
Il be meeting Kings at 6.30 this evening. Keep you posted on how it goes.
babianfarthez
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-15 17:07

On 2007-11-15 11:24:02, BobaFett wrote:
now i am interested in a battery standby review

Ive had mine on for 2 days now and not lost a bar on the battery indicator (admittedly with very low useage). Ive charged mine about 8-10 times and the battery life has got better with each charge.

[ This Message was edited by: babianfarthez on 2007-11-15 16:08 ]

[ This Message was edited by: babianfarthez on 2007-11-15 16:08 ]
crossmatched
C901 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-15 17:11
how is n95 8G camera compared to the orig n95?
www.secondmanonthemoon.blogspot.com
we are all works under progress
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-15 17:44
Hi all,

@jakontil

Well really i would say they are aimed at two different types of users the E90 is business first with some Multimedia and the N95 8GB the other way round. As i don't really need a fully fledged business device the N95 with the SU-8W bluetooth keyboard is more than good enough for my needs.

Can't help with the GPS question as only use Tom Tom 6 with an external GPS receiver as IMO is a far better solution even if it does mean carrying an additional but small receiver but that's just my preference.

As for build quality it doesn't seem any bigger or heavier and it feels really tactile and solid the rear is still slightly rubberised and the front is shiny but that is only the slider, which is also better than the original l IMO.

The dog is Otis my nearly 5 year old Albino Dobermann that i have had for just over 2 years now, as he come into a rescue organisation and if i hadn't taken him would of been put to sleep. The Albino is due to a genetic mutation and shouldn't be breed for and isn't by responsible breeders. Although it looks quite stunning it really is not a good thing for any breed and shouldn't happen only people that breed for profit engage in this activity.

@Boba

Too early to really comment as have been playing a lot and have loaded about 3.5GB of things already and deleted as much of the stuff i don't want as i can but battery seems good and will need a few charges to be optimised IMO. But not only is it 25% larger but due to demand paging should give roughly 50% better performance than the original.

@crossmatched

I am not really expecting it to be any different and i am far from being a good photographer i am very much just a point and shoot type, don't mess with any of the settings. But check this thread for the only pictures i have taken so far.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=159001#post2166962

These where all taken last night when it was dark outside so just a single light in my bedroom. Over the coming days when i get out to take the dog for a run i will try and get some nice pictures of the trees in there Autumn bloom and will post these.

I tried the PowerBoot app had mentioned and really didn't like as although it does load apps on boot up you have to see them open before you can start using the device so feel it's pointless really. To be honest apps open fast enough and once opened there really is no need to close them and just leave them running in the background. I am going to test just how many apps i can leave open and if effects battery life and performance at all. But obviously that will take a few days to evaluate properly and then i will report my conclusions.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-15 23:16 ]
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-15 18:31
how do u like the new keypad on the slider? i found its a bit too small when i payed with n95 8gb.
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-15 19:05
Hi Boba,

Although it is smaller it really has not caused me any problems at all i can still use it with out pressing the wrong selection, i do like the new keyboard it feels slightly nicer and more tactile.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-15 18:05 ]
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-11-15 19:33
My question is: "where are all the SE guys who are saying that SE will kill Nokia?" I will be getting either the N81 or N82. Hell, it's only money.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 00:12
Hi all,

Well i really am very impressed with this phones performance as it seems to have started to get even faster now, especially as i have manged to delete more of the Voda rubbish on it. I have now installed the SU-8W which works flawlessly with it and allows full navigation of the phone without the need to touch it all.

Today i tried a little Multi tasking to see how well it would perform well it was quite amazing really and once all the apps were running switching between them was instantaneous. Here are some screen shots showing 14 apps running and how much Ram was left.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-15 23:13 ]
themarques
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 01:25
Well my flash went well, for once I actually think the vodafone firmware (cring) was actually a bit more stable than the unbranded. The Euro 1 firmware seems to lock up at times not sure whats going but I never experienced that with the Vodafone firmware.

Trupohone though they say its not supported it seems to be working had to switch routers (but this was a problem from before)netgears never play nice with voip, linksys very stable.

Will install a few more apps later and see how that goes.
bulukaki
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 02:13
have a question. I know the battery model for the original N95 is different than the 8GB version, my question is: does the physical size stays the same or not. my reasons for asking is because I'm planning to get the 8GB version but I have more than 2 extra batteries for the original N95. is it possible to use the original N95's battery for the 8GB version (physically, I know that the 8GB phone will have shorter life if using the original N95 batt)

please advise thanks.
proud owner of a K750i, a dead K850i, HTC Touch Cruise, and a Nokia X5-01
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 10:17
@bulukaki

The batteries are physically larger and the original battery may be to lose or cause a problem and they would actually last longer than in the original not shorter. As demand paging helps to increase battery life so although the N95 8gb battery is only 25% larger it actually gives approximately 50 % better life quite impressive really.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-16 09:18 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 131415  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic