Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SE W910-Not a Music Phone-Review-Latest shocking update

Previous  123 4 ... 101112  Next
Author SE W910-Not a Music Phone-Review-Latest shocking update
Discord
W980
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 16:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Thanks for the info mate. I usually trust actual users more than I do reviewers.
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 16:18
@discord
it seems most problems are arising in branded handsets. Check the recall w910 thread couple down from this one. So stay clear of them, and get an unbranded one if you decide to get one.

[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2007-11-13 15:22 ]
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 16:22

If a company's offering is not what you would consider value for your hard-earned cash, exercise your right as a consumer and walk away.

This is a review and a discusion about the w910i and for people asking questions like this one.

music capabilities of the W910 aside (I'm not an audiophile), how's the phone hardware wise? I've read about some issues concerning the new A200 platform

And for those who want to have some knowledge about their product before they buy.And who dont want to regret later.And this not based on single person considering value or not.If u dont like review dont read it.
shyam335
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 16:22
N81 FR

W910 FR

SE has not done its homework right..
Bad FR and awful amount of noise.
Thats just bad..
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true - Winston Churchill

We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us - Winston Churchill
Discord
W980
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 16:35
@arunvc
No problems with the review or negative comments mate. I even agree with your motivation for starting this thread. Just one thing got to me... You talking about SE not doing this/that, Nokia having this/that. I'm sorry. My tolerance for whining has been considerably low as of late. My bad.
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 17:02

Why does people complain SE about they don't have 3.5mm.you still can use whatever 3.5mm headphones you want to SE phones, just get HPM70.

@ silver

The fast port connectors are not firm, i have used many SE phones including k700 and now w800i.It sometimes neads reconnect and the same goes with headphones its way to problmatic, not a best solution though as i mention earlier i have change my w800i's charger once and heaphones twice due to this problem

here is a link from over own forum about this problem most have this problem

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=112638&start=0

SO a 3.5mm jack is ideal,hmmm not ideal but a neccesity in case of
walkman music phone.
when Motorola,nokia can implement it why not SE??

[ This Message was edited by: arunvc on 2007-11-13 16:04 ]
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 17:09

sony ericsson walkman phones are still the best music phones in industry

which industry r u talkin about?

When comparing to other models from nokia and samsung , only the sony ericsson phones give good quality music .... And here is what I mean by a good quality music ....

Proof

And all the other brands like nokia and samsung have a pretty good performance in thier higher frequency notes ( I mean shrillness ) but they fail miserably when dealing with low frequencies

w910 fails miserably towards n81 we do have lots of proof for this
one including above^^^

All the other things u said are ur own interpratation and are no facts involved.

Conclusion
U have not used any phones except SE and also dont want to look at it, And u live in ur small world of SE forgetting the facts.And what other manufacturers ar delevering

[ This Message was edited by: arunvc on 2007-11-13 16:15 ]
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 17:27
arunvc.

Yes, it's happens to some user. and you are one of them, that's sad. I have used same charger from my old K750, and it's still work..

K700 and W800 has not same charger system.. fastport was standard from K750i not K700 if that you mean ..

And N81 is bulky phone if you compare to W910

---------------------
kelace
W610 Orange
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-13 17:56
@ arunvc

I think the tests were conducted only on a W910i .... So the results represents the sound quality of a W910i .... isn't it ????

What about other phones ????

My daddy has a n73 music edition and I agree that the shrillness is there ... but what about base frequencies ... From my experience sony's cell phones give a much balanced sound .......

I am not fighting ... but just sharing my little experience ....

Here is my phone history .. .. SE W550i > SE W800i > nokia n73 me > se w610

[ This Message was edited by: kelace on 2007-11-13 16:59 ]
C905
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 18:26
guys, calm down
those who prefer good looking phones with some good music features with the best UI in musicplayer, go for walkman phones
But those who want good musicplayers with a ugly and a huge design go for nokia
Im just kidding
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 20:57
well i haven't been in contact with a w910i.so i can't comment on it unlike the w880i,i think it's totally undeserving of the walkman badge.it seems like a last minute add on.I don't know what SE was thinking,but the loud speaker on the w880i sucks.i'd be embarrassed to play music through it.well,just my 2cents...
"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!"
Proverbs 4: 7
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 21:18
Quite frankly speaking guys, arunvc is right... Just look at where Nokia music phones were few years ago... Crap sound, crap music player, crap, crap, crap... Whereas SE phone, atleast in India were popular because of their unmatched music experience... SE walkman phones have sold a lot here...

But look at where have SE reached and Nokia reached... SE has improved their walkman software but the sound part remains more or less the same... Where as Nokia and even samsung, have not only improved their phone's music players but also the hardware to provide it's music minded customers a better music experience... And arunvc just posted few lines from MR which clearly stated that though SE walkman phones are good music phone, still they are more or less the same as previous walkman phones as far as music is concerned. Nokia and Samsung were way below in music department but now their phone have outperformed SE walkman W910... It's a fact and I agree on this... SE is not taking it's walkman phones to a higher level...

The bottom line is, SE had the potential to make W910 a much better music phone than Nokia or Samsung but they didn't...
SE-Naz
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 21:31
Lets make one thing clear..........

Since the phone came out in August 2005... they have sold over 45 MILLION... why do you think is that???

Its simple are very good at what they do... BRANDING... So whether you feel its good for music or not... it wont stop the average person buying..... cause to them its a nice, thin stylish Phone...

And to all the annoying people... Have you got nothing better to do then look for problems within the product range... go look else where.... No matter how good or bad phones are... they will sell due to there branding... And everyone I know personally as have used Nokia phones and they have no moved to an

Just wanted to say this..... as this is getting very boring now...

Cheers
ENJOY
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 22:50

On 2007-11-13 21:31:03, SE-Naz wrote:
Lets make one thing clear..........

Ok

Since the phone came out in August 2005... they have sold over 45 MILLION... why do you think is that???

wht this has to to do with w910i, 45 million is not big anyway, for example nokia has soled more than 200mln phones of 1100.Once a big company can become trash if they dont get their strategy right ,and a small company can become successful with good strategy

Its simple are very good at what they do... BRANDING... So whether you feel its good for music or not... it wont stop the average person buying..... cause to them its a nice, thin stylish Phone...

But looks like w910i and many other walkman phones which is SE is releasing doesnt see to do any good rather than bad.Moreover
thiness,style or based on indivdiual prefrence, Some may not like thin phones,as they might feel its kind of slippery,same goes with style or whatever

when it comes to music phones, sound quality is the one which everyone expects to be good.when the first objective fails whts the use?
As u can see from this post from pop lover 2 pages ago

am really disappointed in the headset quality........ I don't know why SE Until the moment didn't look after this Specially after the Loser W850 in headset off course......

I know that Walkman phone is a music phone as PK said and the most important point in any walkman device in the world is the headset

just try W700 W900 W800 and K750 through the headset, you will know what I mean ........

And to all the annoying people... Have you got nothing better to do then look for problems within the product range... go look else where.... No matter how good or bad phones are...

Looking for problems?? So if a review says w910i has bad sound quality,they dont have any work and theyr r looking for problems within SE?? Its a review and discussion about w910i, and for thos people who dont blindly go by branding rather than research what they are going to buy.

they will sell due to there branding... And everyone I know personally as have used Nokia phones and they have no moved to an

Thats what the reviewer says they had good start with walkman lineup,but if SE continues with such offerings in a year’s time the sales of Walkman-branded phones will get on a downswing and they won’t be turning heads any more

[ This Message was edited by: arunvc on 2007-11-13 21:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: arunvc on 2007-11-13 21:53 ]
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 02:58

nokia has soled more than 200mln phones of 1100.

why is it so. it's because it's far cheaper than any other phones! assuming that 1100 is the same priced as all SE phones imagine how would it achieve that 200mln sales?

M-R is pretty biased in concluding Walkmans are inferior to XMs as they havent reviewed all XMs units and they are now like stupid kids yelling to conclude about something. another thing is when they have said that there are no stereo based SE phones at the market but as a matter of fact W890 is upcoming

I forgot also that SE phone modders can also modify the acoustic drivers too

Have wish for this christmas? tell it here - 2 mockup wishes granted

[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2007-11-14 02:01 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic