Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > The O2 iPhone discussion thread

Previous  123 4 ... 151617  Next
Author The O2 iPhone discussion thread
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 01:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@Bhavv

You've conveniently forgotten to mention other reasons why someone might choose an iPhone over a K850i:

- fast innovative multi-touch user interface
- high-resolution display
- YouTube built-in
- full HTML email client
- the best Google Maps client built-in
- (free) wifi internet access

How much would it cost you to add these features to the K850?

If you don't want an iPhone, don't buy one. Your comparisons are pointless. Every phone is different, and everyone has their own reasons for choosing a particular handset.

whats the point in having safari on a phone thats limited to 2G edge speeds only

Erm, you're aware the iPhone has wi-fi aren't you?

Where I live, wi-fi is far more commonplace than a 3G signal - so I'd much prefer to browse the internet using Safari on an iPhone or iPod touch, than squinting at Opera mini or the built-in browser on a K850.

If you use your phone as an MP3 player? Get yourself an 8 gig M2 memory card for £50

If you think trying to navigate 8GBs of music on a K850 is in anyway comparable to doing the same on an iPhone proves you've never actually tried it.

I-phone is not worth the cost.

The iPhone obviously isn't worth it to you (or me for that matter currently), but clearly the people who queued up today and will be buying them in the future can afford it and believe it is worth the cost, otherwise they wouldn't buy would they?

Anyone that thinks it is needs their head examined.

Actually you're the one who needs their head examined! You need to wake up to the fact that not everyone thinks like you (thankfully) and not everyone uses a phone for the same functions as you. Clearly the iPhone isn't for you but you need to GET OVER IT! Be happy with your choice of phone, and let iPhone owners be happy with theirs.
Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 01:31
me + iPhone = happy

ok so its not perfect, but what phone is? what device for that matter is?

K850? don't think so, I'm onto my third in the space of 24 days.

N95 8gb? nope menu is still buggy and unstable.

the iphone may not be perfect and maybe considered a fashion phone but I'm not normally one to follow the crowd normally but,

i have to have one purely because of the safari web browser.

simple as that.

I love it and for £200 its a bargain. (no new contract either)
OBEY GAINT
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 01:45
theres only one thing that puts me off about the iPhone and thats the text messaging it takes ages to compose texts according to The Gadget Show everything else is ok to me,

however I do like my N80 I use everything on it so really my next phone would have to be the 8GB N95... it's too much atm so im getting a E65 to change and choose the phones over when I fancey a change
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 01:49
Doesn't take nearly as long as they made out and can i just ask when was the last time you sent a text swinging through the air after jumping off a bridge?

Ok its not as quick as a standard phone keypad, buts not slow either.
OBEY GAINT
dragon546
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 01:52
Super what firmware is the Iphone running I thought Apple might be sneaky and put a new version of firmware on there other than 1.11
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 01:55
I haven't got an iPhone, but I do have an iPod touch, and I can say the typing is absolutely fine. Took me a couple of hours to get used to it. I'm probably about 90-95% or more accurate and pretty speedy. I'm definitely quicker on the iPod touch than I am on my W610.
Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 01:56
as far as I'm aware its 1.1.2 shall be picking it up at 9.am tomorrow morning.

but the iphone i had before was running 1.0.1
OBEY GAINT
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 01:59
Yes, its 1.1.2 for UK iPhones - and that version is available for download for existing iPhone and iPod touch users too.

Basically, the new firmware adds support for the free The Cloud wi-fi in the UK, fixes the Safari tiff exploit, adds extra international languages and updates the modem driver. Also on the iPod touch it enables full calendar editing.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 02:08

On 2007-11-10 01:49:41, Superluminova wrote:
Doesn't take nearly as long as they made out and can i just ask when was the last time you sent a text swinging through the air after jumping off a bridge?

Ok its not as quick as a standard phone keypad, buts not slow either.

Hang on hang...
they didn't just send a text swinging thru the air they used it to text sitting down casually

I think i'd prefer the P990i over this atleast you get a keypad come or go..
btw there no way The Gadget Show should of put it up against the N95 anyway it should of be ridden with the P990i

An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
joemax
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 02:25
The UI is the best on any phone... just the worst thing is its tied to O2.

Crap for anyone out of town - especially Shropshire.
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-10 02:52
The main reason for me not getting the iPhone is the lack of 3G. I use my phone to connect to the net on my laptop when i am out of the office. 2G is to slow to connect to my work applications.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
Bhavv
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 03:44
Jools, I give the I phone +points for its UI without any doubt. However, to use wifi you need to be near a hotspot, and their coverage in the Uk isnt anywhere near 3g coverage on t mobile or 3. So lets say you get no wifi, what good is being able to watch youtube videos at 188kbps max? You would have to spend hours waiting for them to load.

Browsing through 8 gigs of music on a k850i isnt too hard, it sorts songs by album and artist, again you just dont get the flashy UI eye candy. And being able to stream audio over bluetooth is a fantastic addition. I would love to see the face of i phone users when i get my bluetooth speaker to listen to my music on.

All in all, the I phone has fewer positives then other high end phones do, the only thing really being its UI.

As for all the people that stood in line for one, im sure most of them are people that have never owned a decent handset before but were victims of the I phones over hype.
Bhavv
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 03:51
And by looking at my friends and people that have bought I pods in the past and that would love to have an i phone, when it actually comes to technology, most people buying apple products are pretty stupid. Its usually cases of just buying them as fashion accessories or because they are cool and everyone else has one so you must buy one too. Apple products are more of a trend for the average person, they dont actually favor technology or features whatsoever.
Pato1011
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 06:13
just one word: .......... "Marketing"

Hope that S.E. do something big like that.

Greetings
daviep
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 06:43
i have to admit that the ui is very apealing and its a good looking phone but i like being able to send mms,files over bluetooth and to have a decent camera with video recording.
even though i dont use 3g and with o2 upgrading to edge for the release of the iphone i can surf the web as fast now.
i can picture the scene in pubs and bars across the country,iphone placed on tables just to show off.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 151617  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic