Esato

Forum > General discussions > Concepts of phones, accessories and user interface > Concepts and Photoshops for Sony Ericsson Phones : 2008 Edition

Previous  123 ... 495051 ... 828384  Next
Author Concepts and Photoshops for Sony Ericsson Phones : 2008 Edition
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-03-07 08:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-03-05 04:48:18, clauf wrote:
@Razec:

Nav-Pad seems a little too squished, but interseting interface [3D view](I would love to see that though it's most likely not possible with current A200 phone).

I think my first concept will be a walkman.

Thanks clauf for your kindly advise i'll take that one and use it to improve my next projects(after i finished my final examination for this semester )

and yeah the 3D interface was inspired by the Ubuntu Linux's Beryl interface. (that interface was really awesome mate!)

Muhammad-Oli,

Sorry if i had passed your concept, but i can't afford to forget your very cool looking K770 update! the finishing is very fine and i really love that! loved the curves at the top but i hope both the top and bottom portion is curved(i loved round edges anyway ) I do hope your Z850 contest would still be joined by some of our fellow PSshoppers (i.e sealover, deuxani, SE4nick, whiteeye etc. )
10 years at Esato
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-03-07 08:23
Haha no probs.

Just to let you know razec, Asus and Lamborghini has released their ZX1 phone, with an interface that looks like yours razec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvfIPBqz2WM

Copying you?
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-03-07 08:26

On 2008-03-07 08:23:51, clauf wrote:
Haha no probs.

Just to let you know razec, Asus and Lamborghini has released their ZX1 phone, with an interface that looks like yours razec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvfIPBqz2WM

Copying you?

No mate, They're(:puke: Microsoft WM6.1!) Copying LINUX!

Vista AERO vs Ubuntu BERYL (Beryl ROCKS! )

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xC5uEe5OzNQ

just see how MS is desperate to copycat the ubuntu UI!

Are you good in drawing? If yes, show us your talent! post your artworks here

[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2008-03-07 07:30 ]
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-03-07 12:44

On 2008-03-07 08:01:40, razec wrote:
Muhammad-Oli,

Sorry if i had passed your concept, but i can't afford to forget your very cool looking K770 update! the finishing is very fine and i really love that! loved the curves at the top but i hope both the top and bottom portion is curved(i loved round edges anyway ) I do hope your Z850 contest would still be joined by some of our fellow PSshoppers (i.e sealover, deuxani, SE4nick, whiteeye etc. )

Thanks very much razec! Now that you mention it, I don't think I even commented on your most recent concept, so I apologise, but I definitely meant to comment! I'm loving the highly glossy surfaces that you encorporate into many of your concepts! Black glossy phones look amazing. Very nice concept!

Also, I don't think the D-pad needs changing, as it is impossible to tell how far it is raised, and if it were raised 1 millimeter or so, it would be a perfectly functioning, and good looking D-pad!

Thanks again!
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
sunils120
W705 Red
PM
Posted: 2008-03-08 05:40
my new ps. Is this better than my previous walkmans?

i my k700i and 810i
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-03-08 08:22
I don't think the two softkeys are necessary, especially since it's a UIQ (I'm guessing since it's touchscreen). Other than that, it's fine.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-03-08 10:42

On 2008-03-08 05:40:38, sunils120 wrote:
my new ps. Is this better than my previous walkmans?

it's even better looking than your past walkman concepts bud

Although It just need a little more agressive beveling on the edges. and some reflective surfaces to make it even better. i certainly like the keypad design of your concept. but you should at least give some decent gap between the softkeysa and music control keys
10 years at Esato
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-03-09 02:15

I have a preview of my first concept phone, the C908 (it's a clamshell btw). I just hate the fact that there is no slider or cybershot clamshell!!! Anyway, I only have a general idea of the phone on paper and it's taking forever for me to photoshop the phone. In fact, this is the first time photoshop something from scratch (I only used photoshop for editing). Does anyone care to give me a few lessons here such as adding the "glare" of the phone, making little "dots" so it looks like hard plastic (view Muhamad_Oli's concept)?

Thanks so much.

[ This Message was edited by: clauf on 2008-03-09 01:19 ]
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-03-09 02:20
@sunil: Thats looking good man, I agree with razec it needs more space between some of the buttons... But otherwise, its looking awesome.

@clauf: Looking good man. Can't wait to see the unveiling of your first concept! Keep it up!

Heres a few tips:

Use these three tools extensively and zoom in a lot to make sure you have the area you want selected entirely. The middle tool of these three is very useful for selecting the area of the screen you want to add shine to.

To add shine, I use the paintbrush tool and set the opacity (top of the screen) to about 15%, and I also use the gradient tool:

Now, to make that plastic effect I used in a few of my concepts to make the plastic appear a bit grainy with small dots, what I do is use the selection tools in the first picture above to select the area I want to make look like plastic.

Then go to the menu and select Filter>Noise>Add Noise. Then I play around with what kind of texture I want. Once you have found the right texture, either click on "Monochromatic", or use the tools under Image>Adjustments to get it to the colour you'd like.

When creating a photoshop, you should be using layers extensively. For example, my last photoshop (the C802 concept) had 39 layers, and that was after merging a few layers into one as well.

I always create a blank layer at the very back of the image, because this way you can always change the colour of the background without affecting the rest of your concept. Hope this helps. Just ask if you need more tips!

[ This Message was edited by: Muhammad-Oli on 2008-03-09 01:34 ]
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-03-09 02:24
^^Those preview simply gives a concept some excitement towards the spectators. and as a photoshopper whose a very big fan of posting previews first before posting the actual finished product, i like this kind of approach.

@clauf,..
very excited with your first concept pal! i like the uniqueness of the camera shortcut implementation.
10 years at Esato
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-03-09 05:36
I'm not at home drats but thanks for all the tips oli (if you don't mind me shorten your name XP)! =D

When my spring break comes next week, I'll finish the concept. Thanks again for all your support everyone =)
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-03-09 08:11
Thats fine, clauf. My real name is Oliver, and everyone calls me Oli for short, so you got it completely right.

Can't wait to see the concept!
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
sunils120
W705 Red
PM
Posted: 2008-03-09 10:09
oliver, i'll try out ur tips.
updated pic

sorry for weird uiq
im totally out of ideas for its rear portion. Can anybody sort it out for me. Should i go for 5 mp cmos?
thanks in advance!
i my k700i and 810i
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-03-09 10:20
Wow, sunils120, that looks great! Really glossy and beautiful. Nice improvements! How about a sliding lens cover on the back? A 5MP camera would be fine though!

@clauf: One other tip is to create your concepts at a huge size. Download a phone image from here.

Then use that as a good size to create your concepts in. That way you have a lot of freedom for how large you can have your concepts, it also means you can have ragged edges while zoomed in, but at actual size they look perfect. Attempt to make the edges as clean as possible anyway, as they sometimes show up. See, if Esato didn't have an 800px picture width limit, my concepts would be heaps bigger!

[ This Message was edited by: Muhammad-Oli on 2008-03-09 09:27 ]
chombos1
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-03-09 10:26
@clauf

i HATE clamshells.... but your concept makes me think twice!!! nice.

i LOVE sliders.... can you make one??

thanks.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 495051 ... 828384  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic