Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > K850 Firmware Overview

Author K850 Firmware Overview
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-17 22:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-10-17 20:11:39, mwarner wrote:
> Btw, it's the fastest CPU ever before used in a feature phone from SE

I would be interested to see a white paper or something that confirms this. It seems odd that benchmark numbers are lower and the UI speed is lower when the resolution of the screen is the same as the K800.

A200 requires more processing power, which is why it scores worse.
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2007-10-17 22:07

On 2007-10-17 22:03:15, h901 wrote:
i got a generic unbranded k850i
how do find out the CDA or whateva

i no its the > * < < * < *

but then where and where is it exactly written

it should be in the customization part. when you are in service info you must be able to see it. aint it written at the sides of the box?
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
h901
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-17 22:14
@ tranced

hm.......
it doesnt say the CDA on the box of the phone just checked

but in the service info and then software info and then scroll down to customisation

it says R1CA029 but no CDA??
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2007-10-17 22:18
oops. well, my bad then. thought it were there.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-18 00:26
1) I've now got "Operation Failed" when I try and go to Applications or Games (also means I can't install any new content). Seems that this means the file system is corrupt. Even master reset doesn't work. Sorry, but having had it for less than 48 hours I am NOT going to start messing around trying to reflash the blasted thing!!

2) You can't enter all symbols in the email client for settings, so for Google Mail (where you need to enter recent:username@gmail.com), you must go into notes, enter :, go to copy all, exit, go back to email, open settings and then paste in the data. It seems SE figured you would only need a few characters, but not all usernames are plain letters and numbers.

3) If you're listening to music, and view the camera album, using the zoom buttons (i.e. volume) means it adjusts the volume at the same time it zooms in and out! Cue no music, or eardrum busting music!

4) Not so much a bug, but an oversight; the touch sensitive buttons frequently stop responding, or there's a delay. On some menus you might have something like "Send & Receive", which then changes to "Cancel". It's possible to see that it will do the chosen task, then immediately cancel the process because it's responded twice. This is bad UI design.

I'm sure I'll find more in due course...

[ This Message was edited by: jmcomms on 2007-10-17 23:27 ]
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-10-18 00:29
I can confirm that Video Calling works flawless and when when chatting normal the transfer of call of a 3g network to a normal GSM network also works with out problems.

So they got that right!!

Just a few little teething problems then
SE Rules
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-10-18 03:21
My gripe with teh phone is that when I want to put the phone on speaker sound, when you press ound on, it doesn't automatically bring on the speaker, don't bother with the menu or at least have the option focussed on the speaker option when it is clicked.

Otherwise, I think the video is far superior to my K800, the flash leaves you exsaperated when drunk...

Pretty sweet phone altogether

CHeers
Want to stretch your mind?
Try this if you dare!!!
Philips Diga > Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3650 > K750 > Nokia N80 > K800 > K850
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-18 09:25
It appears that the K850 has the same CPU as the K790 / K800 / K810. However, the amount of RAM memory has been increased.

So excuse my earlier post, but I knew something had changed between hardware platform A1 (K800) and A2 (K850)
mwarner
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-18 10:27
Added / changed / removed some bugs in the first post. Thanks to jmcomms & darrengf!

> It appears that the K850 has the same CPU as the K790 / K800 / K810.

I would not be suprised if the CPU type was the same, but I would be a little suprised if the clock speed was the same. I understand that the new OS will have an overhead, but it seems to be a pretty large one!

Have you got any reference to show this for sure?
jkoeswandy12
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-18 10:47
Hi,

1. I have experince this issue and the solution is re-flash the phone. Until now the issue has not repeatable.
have you installed any 3rd party games ?

2. haven't try it.

3. Not major issue for me...

thank you...

On 2007-10-18 00:26:47, jmcomms wrote:
1) I've now got "Operation Failed" when I try and go to Applications or Games (also means I can't install any new content). Seems that this means the file system is corrupt. Even master reset doesn't work. Sorry, but having had it for less than 48 hours I am NOT going to start messing around trying to reflash the blasted thing!!

2) You can't enter all symbols in the email client for settings, so for Google Mail (where you need to enter recent:username@gmail.com), you must go into notes, enter :, go to copy all, exit, go back to email, open settings and then paste in the data. It seems SE figured you would only need a few characters, but not all usernames are plain letters and numbers.

3) If you're listening to music, and view the camera album, using the zoom buttons (i.e. volume) means it adjusts the volume at the same time it zooms in and out! Cue no music, or eardrum busting music!

4) Not so much a bug, but an oversight; the touch sensitive buttons frequently stop responding, or there's a delay. On some menus you might have something like "Send & Receive", which then changes to "Cancel". It's possible to see that it will do the chosen task, then immediately cancel the process because it's responded twice. This is bad UI design.

I'm sure I'll find more in due course...

[ This Message was edited by: jmcomms on 2007-10-17 23:27 ]
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-18 10:52

On 2007-10-18 10:27:19, mwarner wrote:
Have you got any reference to show this for sure?

Nothing I can post.
jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-18 12:04
I've been experimenting with video playback, and it seems that the media player/video player must be VERY badly coded. It's very neat to auto-rotate, allow easy fwd/rwd, slow motion etc, but it simply can't cope with the bitrates that earlier models (K810, W880, T650...) can.

I re-encoded some video that was previously 308kbps (and worked perfectly on my T650) at 108kps and the sound remained in sync until about 10 minutes in. Now it's gradually slipping, although it's nowhere near as bad as the 5-6 seconds on the 300kps video! 100kbps video isn't particularly good quality either!

If the processor is the same, there's no reason for the video playback to be worse. It's the same resolution screen, although I could understand there being more demand on the processor to drive a 24-bit colour screen. Perhaps SE should have thought of that?!
Jonathan Morris
Editor, What Mobile magazine - the UK's leading mobile phone magazine
www.whatmobile.netforum.whatmobile.net
Twitter @jmcomms
DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-10-18 16:03

On 2007-10-18 09:25:42, thecoolsha wrote:
It appears that the K850 has the same CPU as the K790 / K800 / K810. However, the amount of RAM memory has been increased.

So excuse my earlier post, but I knew something had changed between hardware platform A1 (K800) and A2 (K850)

are you kidding me? lol SE is still milking their old stock of processors.. looks like this is following suite with the p1i... i thought the slugglishness was just the new UI... but it's also cause it needs more processing power...
Shaolinmonk on HOFO Official PHONE JUNKIE
My P1i Review
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=152437&start=0
rambalu80
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-10-18 20:29
Don't know if anyone has this problem or has brought it up here already. I was scrolling down my contact list and on one of my contacts, the contact name disappears but the number is shown when the scroller is on that particular contact. I tried different themes and it was still happening. I tried to duplicate it for other contacts but all other contacts were fine. So, I deleted this particular contact and added it again as a new contact and it seems to be okay now!
divinedark80
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-10-18 23:23
I have a Bug to report with the K850I. I just got it and sometimes its not coming out of standby when the keypad is locked. I have to take the battery out. What do you guys think, software problem?

prg12004404_china_so R1CA029
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic