Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > what happens when your phone gets stolen?

Previous  12
Author what happens when your phone gets stolen?
LesleyAnn
W600 red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-26 21:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-09-26 12:06:01, taz666 wrote:
I cry sorry had to be said lol

well actually the original question does read as if there is going to be a punch line!
add a little charm to your mobile! http://www.bijoubabe.co.uk
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-26 21:30
a friend of mine uses a nokia 6600. he downloaded a mobile trcker and when his phone is missing he simply sms a text msg that he was given by the service provider to the phone and an alarm rings where ever the phone is. it rings until he deactivates it.

it even send a text message to another which he submitted alerting him on which cell number is using the phone.
decay_zeit
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-26 22:00
BRIBE

it's really easy here to bribe telecom personnel and change the records...since Iran is banned,most mobile phones are smuggled here,while the telecom has particular policies against smuggling phones,but smugglers easily bribe the telecom and all these phones are registered this way...
IMEI on the back of the phone conflicts with the one you get by inputting *#06# , this is the case with most mobile phones here ( e.g. all W810 s, and if you by any chance find a intact one,it would cost so much more ).

and the bad point is that most people aren't aware of such things.

EDIT : i forgot to mention the reason of my post at all

i just wanted to say that it's not a big deal to change IMEI for a smuggled or stolen phone...

[ This Message was edited by: decay_zeit on 2007-09-26 21:04 ]
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-27 07:37
There is this indian shop in my country. It breaks codes without any inquiries. As long as you have the cash you will be served. I think it is illeagal because they do not even offer a reciept. Is the IME number different from the serial number that you get by punching in *#06#. How do you get it if you lost track of it?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi