Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > The first man on earth?

Previous  123 ... 161718 ... 202122  Next
Author The first man on earth?
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-03 18:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-05-03 17:55:39, KingBooker5 wrote:

On 2008-05-03 17:49:27, QVGA wrote:
I believe Adam was the first man.
And i also dont believe he was a monkey or an ape like creature. Thats the biggest load of BS that science ever came up with.

You can't honestly say its BS, it is a valid theory which contains convincing evidence. But like I said before, it is not proven. That is why its a theory

Exactly, its not proven. And just think over it; did God(or whoever you think created mankind) originally thought of populating the world with hunchback monkeys and then realized half way through that wait, this ain't right!

And secondly, i seriously doubt you can actually evolve from a dumb hairy animal which cant speak to a human with a working voice box and a brain like Einstein.

Thirdly, if humans came from monkeys, then why didnt all monkeys turn into humans? Why do we still have moneys and apes on Earth? Or did humans turned back into monkeys after several centuries. Kind of like reverse-evolution.
iksplusipsilon
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-05 17:11
Don't they teach those things you asked about in highschools ?
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-05 19:04
There is evolution going on around us everyday (flu vius) but I believe Adam was the first man on Earth. Religion is based on faith in what cannot be seen which is God. If you believe in God then you will believe in His teachings as stated in the holy books.

Beyond the religious belief is logic. Humans are different from all animals because we have a higher order of intelligence i.e. to question everything. We cannot explain something unless there is evidence so nobody has seen Adam or God.

When you look at the world today, you see people doing good and bad and this is what we expect. So what would you do logically to stop people from starving for example? There is easily enough food in the world. If through religion you can get the answer, then you will know that Adam was the first man on Earth.
sidnasheikh
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-01-29 16:06
asalam. I found in old books of sciences that ALLAH was created firstly 'light of the mesanger BPUH

This message was posted from a B2150
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-08-09 08:23
@Badassmam your previous post is based deeply on religion which I can safely tackle on that.
Looking back at the beginning of this thread I did say that accordind to what we know which is biblical man were made by the word of mouth in Genesis 1 then in Genesis 2 we see Adam made from dust and Eve made from Him. I am not going to go into details but we have another account which is not biblical and that is in the scientific world. It talks of evolution, the Big Bang and all the likes.
bouzalouf
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2009-08-09 08:37
Is ADAM

This message was posted from a WAP device
alfrido15
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-08-09 11:17
The first man in the earth is ADAM .iam sure

Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-08-11 06:22

On 2009-08-09 08:37:19, bouzalouf wrote:
Is ADAM

Can you support your statement
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-12 06:28

On 2007-08-31 20:22:46, Twometre wrote:
Well mates, before we are drawn away from the topic I would like to know about this evolution. I think we know that God and Science dont meet. May those who say that people evolved from somewhere tel us where exacly and how. However deep down I know that God and Science do meet. I stil insist on that Adam was definately not the first man on earth. There were other people created before him and they were in the east of the garden of Eden. Correct me if Im wrong.

Your argument has certainly 'evolved' from page 2...
I'm interested to know how religion can be easily tackled. Your earlier arguments were easily tackled by 'religion'.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2009-08-12 09:56
We (Christians) are taught that God created the Earth and that the Earth is around 6000yrs old.

Scientists have aged bones, rocks, wood etc to be billions of years old. How , if the earth is only 6000yrs old can this be? Well one of the reasons is that God has created multiple beliefs, both religious and non religous. They create questions which question your own beliefs and make you try and find answers that help you lead a more fruitful and full life.

I for one believe in a singular God who created the world and humans, put items in our way to question our faith and make us stronger.

Another question... who created a year... month.... day etc. How do we know this 'Time' is the correct measurement?

J.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-12 13:31
It's possible that the 6000yrs figure is literal, I tend to think it is, but it's also possible that it is that it is purely indicative due to places in the Bible where it is stated that 'to God, a day is like a thousand years' (paraphrased), but then there is also the Gap theory which I quite like too (the theory of a long, unrecorded period of time passing between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2). None of this contradicts the accuracy of the Bible, it just presents the possibility that the Scientific and Biblical claims can both be true at the same time. Some people on both sides think that it's one or the other, I think both can work together. I like the idea that God created science as the means for us to use his creation to the full.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-10-26 08:46
Another question... who created a
year... month.... day etc. How do we
know this 'Time' is the correct
measurement?

interesting post! There are a lot of things that we have been made to believe and accept just to ease up life a little bit
but that of the first man still remains a mystery. Talk about the unrecorded times mentioned here etc and etc
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-10-26 16:10
I think time is structured, seconds are measured by looking at the half-life of radioactive materials, days are measured by the Earth's rotation on it's axis, and months are measured by structured changes in the weather we interpret as seasons, years are structured as they are seasons repeating, the earth moving around the sun:

It's not like scientists have randomly created inaccurate measurements of times, we can relate to them, by looking at when it's light and dark and cyclical shifts in weather patterns, that's what organisms have been doing for millions of years and they have adapted to suit the structured time, e.g hunting when its light/dark.
[ This Message was edited by: mriley on 2010-10-26 15:16 ]
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
michka
Sony Xperia E1
PM
Posted: 2010-10-26 17:19
@mriley your picture is correct only for the northern hemisphere. In the southern hemisphere, winter and summer are inverted, as well as spring and autumn.
I would like to make a small clarification: don't confuse time and the way we measure it. Time is a physical phenomenon, just like space. One year is a unit of time we came up with because it represents the time it takes for the earth to make one revolution around the sun. Smilarly, a day is also a unit of time we decided to use because it is the time it takes for the earth to make one revolution around it's own axis of rotation. The other units (month, hour, minute, second etc.) are simply divisions of these two "physical" units which are easy to use in various situations. They have no physical meaning.
Pedestrian: don't run, my car is faster anyway.
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-10-27 05:15
I love this it is geeting more interesting. This is what I think, I think we had a unit measurement of time long before we discovered evolution and revolution. One man oce said ''Ngitohamba busuku lobitsatfu'' which translates as ''I will walk three nights.'' This is just s typical example showing that we had a unit measurement of time long before we too science into greater height
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 161718 ... 202122  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic