Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Magnet equipped leather case for P990i

Previous  12
Author Magnet equipped leather case for P990i
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2008-01-12 13:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-08-24 19:18:03, myth_old wrote:

Just checked with mine (original IEC-20 leather case) and yes, the phone switches to FO mode when the magnetic part is somewhere around the d-pad.

But I have no problems, because the back of the phone is facing the magnet, if it is correctly placed.

@myth - I had the very same PROBLEM here when I bought a generic-leather-case with a magnetic-enclosure on it .. . as I am so nervous that in the loooong run it might cause DAMAGE to the performance of the fone itself, so I decided to get me this: ORIGINAL IEC-20 leather case.

I am quite AWARE that majority though, makes VELCRO-type-enclosure leather cases, as I've had so many ICE-25 cases in the past up till now . . . I even wrote a letter prior to purchasing one (if this IEC-20 REALLY has a magnetic-enclosure on it), and I got a REPLY saying that it has a VELCRO-enclosure . . .

Now, I was just wondering with your REPLY here that HOW come your original IEC-20 leather case has a MAGNETIC-enclosure on it and NOT a velcro-one

This is the GENERIC leather case that I bought for my P990i :

This is what I've ORDERED online at amazon.com - which has a VELCRO-enclosure :

[addsig]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2008-01-15 14:36

On 2007-08-24 19:18:03, myth_old wrote:

Just checked with mine (original IEC-20 leather case) and yes, the phone switches to FO mode when the magnetic part is somewhere around the d-pad.

But I have no problems, because the back of the phone is facing the magnet, if it is correctly placed.

@myth - I want to apologize for having MISTAKEN your post regarding th e IEC-20 Leather Case that you bought as FAKE I wrote a letter late last year confirming if the IEC-20 Leather Case really has a VELCRO or a MAGNETIC enclosure . . . which they responded saying that it has a VELCRO. I saw a SALE IEC-20 Leather Case item at amazon.com (USA) last November 2007, I ordered one . . . I was really surprised to SEE that what I got was SIMILAR to yours a MAGNETIC-enclosure I know that what I bought is NOT a fake one ! What worries me is why the PEOPLE from did NOT confirm to me that they've released a MAGNETIC-enclosure one and NOT just a VELCRO

Well be it as it may . . . I am just happy to have it ! [addsig]
myth®
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-01-25 19:54
@Jojo

Here are two pics of my SE IEC-20:

HTC HD2 [16 GB] + SE HBH-DS980
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2008-01-26 02:41
@myth - OK, looks like we have the VERY same one pal Just want to ask if your P1i fits comfortably with your IEC-20 Leather Case Thanks ! [addsig]
myth®
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-01-26 14:09
No, I am not using it with my P1i as it is too big.

Have used it earlier with my P990.

[ This Message was edited by: myth® on 2008-01-26 13:42 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi