Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Which one is better, N95 or K850?

Previous  123 ... 678 ... 161718  Next
Author Which one is better, N95 or K850?
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-10 19:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-07-10 19:30:50, plankgatan wrote:
BUT can you at least agree, that MANY people (if you read on forums around the world) have BIG problems with N95.......special the slide, the chassis-design, the gps, and other software problems ?

many people are very irritated and angry on Nokia, that they released a phone with so many problems................or do you deny that ?

[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2007-07-10 18:31 ]

No i cant agree, unless ofcourse if you provide me a link or something.
And get one thing in your SE head, the software problems and GPS problems have been resolved with the latest firmware
nicv27
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2007-07-10 19:50
This thread is pointless but as every one else has had a go
Surely the n95 shouldnt be compared to the k850i as the only reason you are is because of the camera.
One is a smart phone and one isnt, shouldnt you be comparing the n95 to the New p1.
I use a n95 and it isnt perfect but it is for me at the present, with regards to the build quality that has been mentioned how many people have had to return se phones because of joysticks not working i did K750i K800 and regarding the buggy softwear (mine is fine at present) how many posts have been put up regarding the p990i.
I like most people on this website have used a variety of phones nokia and se and none are perfect if they were manufacturers wouldnt release new ones
Samsung Galaxy S3 White iPad 2 32gb 3G +16/-0 Twitter.nicv27
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-10 20:58
@plankgatan

Which part of this simple statement have you not been able grasp then?

" No one is saying every single one is perfect but if you look at the vast numbers of this device sold and then how many people are not happy the percentages of unsatisfied users is tiny in comparison."

There is no device that is released that has no problems at all but at least Nokia react fast to these and fix them. If you look at volume of problems and complaints that have been going on for nearly a Year and are not yet fixed on the P990 and other UIQ3 now that really is a problem and bad customer service and that is why so many have now left SE and vowed not to return. Especially when then the manufacturer turns round as says that's it we aren't going to do any more until all their users have to resort to massive campaign on the net via Forums to force them to change their position.

You can try and knock Nokia and their devices all you want but us that own and use them, know the reality and the level of service we get both with support and new Firmware and a range of good free apps. The only reason i can think you hate Nokia so much is that they are just so much better than SE have become and they continue to improve. But you really do need to get over this constant biased bashing of devices just because they are not from SE.

Marc

http://dogmann.vox.com/

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-07-10 20:00 ]
^D0Nt Ask^
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-10 21:00
I was an se fan.But One day I thought : why should I buy a phone which will be good at only one thing camera or music while I could have a phone that it will be good at more things.now I got my self an n95 and I have never been so happy before.I was an se fanboy when the walkman phones used to have a good camera(w800 etc).after that I used a k800i and the speakers where crap.not to mention the music player.then I got a w850i and the camera was crap.and one day i got tired of this so I bought a nokia.thats MY OPINION.some people may want only one thing camera or music.bt thats not me I want both.one day if se decides to release a cybershot/walkman(a phone with good camera and speakers) maybe I will go back.Now you will tell me that w960i has a good camera.well I wanna have the latest technology in mobile phone camera(1 year ago was 3.2mp 2 years ago was 2 now it's 5 etc) but that doesn't mean that I wanna have crap speakers.Also the screens on nokia phones are much better.now I don't wanna argue with anyone of you.I just said my opinion and I agree these thread is pointless.we are comparing a smartphone and a non smartphone.the only thing we should compare about these phones is the camera and nothing else.I repeat I don't wanna argue eith anyone and this is my opinion.
^D0Nt AsK^
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2007-07-10 21:38
((obs...i only wrote this to show (some of you) there is a lot of people who have BIG problems with theirs N95 phones ))

just for fun i looked on Swedens biggest cell phone/computer forum (called Sweclockers)........here is some commentarys from the N95 thread, (its 27 pages so there are many more posts about failing N95 phones):

" Störande!

Har haft min (nya efter tidigare inlämnad telefon) telefon i c:a en månad och den har fungerat bra fram tills nu. Ibland så börjar telefonen bete sig konstigt i form av typ halvfrysna program och halvfungerande gränssnitt. När jag stänger av telefonen och försöker starta upp den igen så fryser den och man ser bara Nokia-skärmen och man får aldrig logga in. Efter flera minuter så dyker skärmsläckaren upp, men man får fortfarande inte ange sin pin-kod. "
---------------------------------------------------------------------

" Eftersom mjukvaran i min N95:a var lite buggig så beslöt jag mig för att uppdatera den. Backupade allt till minneskortet och uppdaterade mjukvaran via programet på Nokias sida.

Men när jag nu skall återställa allt från minneskortet (minne->återställ från kort) så får jag bara till svar "Det går ej att återställa, ej tillräckligt utrymme för att återställa hela minneskortet".
--------------------------------------------------------------------

" Jag har rensat ut allt onödigt från telefonen, bilder, videos, musik m.m. men lyckas ändå inte. Vad ska jag göra, någon mer som har stött på problemet?"

Min n95 låser sig varje gång jag tar emot ett samtal samtidigt som jag lyssnar på musik. Ända sättet(som jag vet) att fixa den är att ta ur batteriet. I övrigt en rätt så buggig telefon mot vad jag är van vid, den startar om titt som tätt, kopplar ner samtal, när jag surfar med den så funkar väl ungefär 50% av sidorna, annars är det bara en vit skärm och inget händer. Efter en omstart brukar det dock fungera bättre. Har visserligen min låst till 3, vet inte om det har med saken att göra??

Batteritiden är helt oacceptabel, jag kommer till jobbet vid 07.30, vid 15-tiden är det dags för laddning och då har jag ringt kanske 1h, lyssnat på lite musik och surfat en stund(via 3g, inte w-lan). En annan skum grej är att den ibland kan förlora täckning, typ mitt i Stockholm. Omstart krävs då för att den ska få mottagning igen. Med tanke på att den är så pass dyr vet jag inte om man ska acceptera detta? "
---------------------------------------------------------------------

if someone want, i can translate it for you.
|| BUT the Point is, there is MANY N95 owners who have a lot of different problems ||

[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2007-07-10 20:54 ]
^D0Nt Ask^
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-10 21:42
well my n95 is very stable and with the new firmware I have no problems at all.also n95 may have some problems bt many se phones also have.for example p990

^D0Nt AsK^
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-10 21:47
@plankgatan

For every ones sanity give it a rest no one has said it is perfect or without fault for everyone you are just looking so desperate that you can not accept what most of us have found. All because SE have nothing that comes close to it i can understand your frustration but tell SE we already know.

How ever hard you try you can't convenience those of us that own and use the device it is as bad as you want it to be as we know how it performs it may not be perfect but it's an awesome device.

I mean really how many post's are there on that Forum and how genuine can they all be maybe they are all die hard SE fans like you but even if there experiences are 100% true. Consider how few these complaints are in relation to the number of devices sold.

Marc

http://dogmann.vox.com/

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-07-10 22:56 ]
nicv27
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2007-07-10 21:48
My n95 is very stable as well with regards to your post about issues with softwear on a swedish website
There is a thread on this website with 25 pages of people reporting issues with the p990i
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2007-07-10 23:38
yes i know about the p990i................(kind of strange by the way. phones often have very stable software.........(maybe p990i is some kind of experiment...he he)

but this is about N95 and the Unborned k850i (who non have tested yet...he he), so i hope we can discuss N95 or k850i .............
(and there is Nokia on a very "slippy" road with theirs N95)

[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2007-07-10 22:41 ]
^D0Nt Ask^
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-10 23:41
Well yes the n95 may not be perfect but I agree with dogmann that is an awesome device. And the new firmware is very stable also. I don't figure out which phone will be my next by the brand. I just see whats best for me and I buy it no matter what brand it is. I just can't understand how can someone say that this phone or that phone isn't good because is a nokia or it is an se. Please accept it when a phone is good no matter of the brand. And most important don't say that a phone isn't good without even using it. Please stop making up things like the "16m screen is nothing cz the human I can't see more than this". I have seen the screen of my friends k800i next to the screen of my n95 and the screen of the n95 was much better. And I am not talking about the size I am talking about the colours.Now he is planning to get an n95 too. I am tired of this fanboy made up posts. Please stop posting stuff like this because they are ruining this site.
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2007-07-10 23:44
new firmware, stable....you must be joking.......nearly all commentarys ive read about N95 problems, have turned up AFTER they flashed to this new firmware ! (maybe its differents firmwares around the world (who i doubt), but this poor guys who flash with this new firmware in sweden, got bigger problems afterwards..

[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2007-07-10 22:47 ]
^D0Nt Ask^
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-10 23:46
Well I am not joking my n95 is very stable with the new firmware. Can you please tell me some of these problems that you saw?

[ This Message was edited by: ^D0Nt Ask^ on 2007-07-10 22:47 ]
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2007-07-10 23:48
of course...take some minutes to translate...........will be back
^D0Nt Ask^
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-10 23:51
Well maybe it is different firmwares around the world. But seriously is very stable I am not joking

[ This Message was edited by: ^D0Nt Ask^ on 2007-07-10 22:51 ]
gareb
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-11 00:00
Well I dont see no major faults in the last update but surely there is.
Georgia aint no paradise. But a place I call home.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 678 ... 161718  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic