Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > N95 - new firmware version 11.0.026 is now available

Author N95 - new firmware version 11.0.026 is now available
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-05-15 16:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just spoke to a friend at Nokia here in Helsinki.

A new f/w upgrade could be here as soon as June, but one is on the way. It will address the various bugs currently plaguing the N95, and will try to address the power issues. Don't go get that extra battery yet.

On a side note. The GPS in the N95 was never meant to be there. It was put in after the phone was designed, hence the poor antenna location. The E90 is getting the better chip-set it appears. The N95 will have to suffer with the SIRF Star II, and maybe some software tweaking but no new hardware in the current versions.

-/..../../...//.../../-/.//../...//--./---/../-./--.//-/---//-/...././/-../-

[ This Message was edited by: sapporobaby on 2007-05-15 15:18 ]
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-15 16:24
interesting news, it doesnt suprise me about the last minute GPS tho... [addsig]
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-05-15 16:34

On 2007-05-15 16:24:36, batesie wrote:
interesting news, it doesnt suprise me about the last minute GPS tho...

Well, I am glad they did it. Still with its flawed or crippled GPS, the N95 is better than anything SE can field. The E-61i is more than a match for the P-series phones. Even the E-61 (without the "i") is a pretty good piece of kit.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-15 16:44
not sure if anyone else has noticed but when using Vimio or S60 Internet Radio (open source) i cant seem to adjust the volume. it works fine when i switch to the music player, and even if i turn it to 100% it still plays at the same volume in Vimio and S60 radio?

do you think its because these apps are in early stages of dev? [addsig]
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 16:15
ahh, so the left/right keys control the volume by the way... [addsig]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-13 16:11
Hi all,

Just got a T-Mobile locked N95 and this update is now available for this banded handset, which saves me the hassle of having to debrand it and as i have a Vista Laptop that wasn't going to easy.

I have had it flashed at the Nokia Service Centre i use as i just prefer it, but on this example their is no wobble with the slider or any screen movement or gaps in the body either in fact i am more than happy with the feel and build quality. Can't wait to collect and spend 30 minutes for all it all to be set up.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-06-13 15:16 ]
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-06-14 09:26
Hey Marc,

Masseur removed my last post because he said it looked like I was offering warez or something like that. Could be confusing but he should know me by now. What I was saying is that I have links to software that you can purchase yourself and I have some suggestions. Not actual software.

How you liking the N95 so far? Is yours unbranded?
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-14 16:35
Hi Sapporobaby,

Obviously we are exchanging free apps links and recommended software links nothing else would of even crossed our minds now would it.

Didn't wake up in time last night to collect it so only picked it up a few hours ago, took just under 1hr to Sync all contacts and nearly 4,000 Calendar entries install my current theme ,1 ring tone, 2 message tones, set my Yahoo.co.uk mail and installed and set up these apps

Handy Clock
Handy Taskman
Mobile Weather
In device Search
Screen shot

That's all so far still have Vox, Flickr and Podcasting app to install but that 's all for the N95 for now anyway just need my memory card for Music and Films and Video's as the N95 is my Multi Media device . I am going to use my E61 for data entry and Tom Tom and Fring although i may add Fring later although not sure.

Mine is a T-Mobile branded handset which from what i can see means i have a Web N Walk icon for the Internet icon and that's about it. I was surprised that T-Mobile had released the new firmware for their handset already a nice surprise really. I must say compared to what i have read re build quality i am very pleased with mine which is made in Finland and the slide is nice and firm no wobble at all, also no screen movement ether and far from feeling cheap and plastic i think it is feels nice and solid with a great tactile feel to the rubberised parts. Just got my PDAir case which it is now sitting in nicely protected and looking smart. I also don't get people calling it a brick it is really nice and small IMO i am not going to even start the GPS or Maps as just can't see the point my E61 already does this so well. Can't wait to load my card with Music and check it out, how come know one mentions the Music controller that comes in the box as i really like the look of it although i will initially just try plugging my Shure's straight in. Further reports to come as i discover more good or bad.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-06-14 15:36 ]
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-06-15 05:52
dogmann:

welcome to the club.
nicv27
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2008-02-06 21:16
Hi,
My other n95 was orginally a vodafone branded handset which is now unlocked and being used on t-mobile running version 11 firmware i want to flash it to version 20
My Questions are
Do i need to change the product code if the handset is unlocked?
if i update to version 20 and get any issues can i flash it back version 11?
Will i lose my maps as i did when i updated my o2 branded n95
Thanks in advance
mosdelln
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-07 17:32
Im using:

V 20.0.015
13-11-07
RM-159
Nokia N95 (66.01)
mosdelln (+17, -1) [e]

Apple Iphone
'arold
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-04-22 20:04
I have an unlocked Orange phone that I use on my BT mobile account. The trouble is a lot of the Orange settings and applications are still resident, What I would like to do is completely zap the phone and have it set up as a generic N95 with no service provider preference. Will this firmware update allow me to do this and if not does anyone know how I can achieve this?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic