Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P990 disassembly - Speaker not working after drop

Previous  12
Author P990 disassembly - Speaker not working after drop
Popolou
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-24 23:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
That shouldn't be too hard. When you get to the point where one side of the shell is removed, you can easily access the camera button where it meets the pcb button and blow compressed air or use cotton buds to clean it all up.

If, however, the PCB button is all gummed up, then it will be a very different situation as that button is sealed and enclosed as can be seen on with the last pic above.

A little tip if its the latter problem. In the past, but not on a mobile it has to be said (garage remotes ) a little dab of alcohol into the button casing itself and a continuous blast of compressed air into a small crack/hole afterwards should clean up the insides of that button easily. If its just a little dust then just use the compressed air on its own.

Actually, now that i thought about it, i remember doing a similar thing with the jog dial on my old P910 after it started to miss a beat when moved.

Best of luck

Popolou
Nitish4uall
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-03 08:32
Hey there, thanks a lot for the pics, I got stuck too with with the top screws, however i am still not able to remove the top part to access the 2 screws underneath, I dont want to put pressure as not to break it, any help on that please.

thanks
Profhassan
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-10-03 13:45

On 2007-08-24 19:13:38, jackanova wrote:
valuable thread, But im not able to see the Images..

My camera button has some dust in it need to clean it up but don't know how to proceed.

ESATO, Please help I need images in this thread .

If you want to see the images you have to be logged in as a memeber....Check the second button after "Account" on the top part of the forum....
Life is too Short!!! Enjoy it to the Maxx!!!
Popolou
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-03 17:40

On 2007-10-03 08:32:46, Nitish4uall wrote:
Hey there, thanks a lot for the pics, I got stuck too with with the top screws, however i am still not able to remove the top part to access the 2 screws underneath, I dont want to put pressure as not to break it, any help on that please.

thanks

Try using a little pressure with a light plastic tool to get into between the phone body and the plastic cover. If you work gently from the side where the access notch is you should be able to unhinge it easily.

Another method is running your nail along the left side until the cover just pops out.

Good luck
Profhassan
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-10-07 21:27
@ Popolou

I was wondering.....is it possible to change the Ram...remove it and change it for a larger sized one ....like that on th P1??
Life is too Short!!! Enjoy it to the Maxx!!!
Popolou
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-08 17:06
I'd suspect that even if you got round de-soldering the tiny surface mounted contacts and putting back on a replacement module using an ordinary hand held iron without destroying the PCB, you'd still have to amend the software to make use of the extra memory.

It just seems far too prohibitive to make it vagely possible i'm afraid.

Regards

Popolou
the_oi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-11-09 12:22
take this thread up!
vicky4209211
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-12-15 02:38
hey buddy thanks for the pics...i had the same problem with my speakers as u did....in my case i dropped my phn accidently....anyways....i am not sure about the speaker terminals u were talking about in ur pic.....and what do i need to do to make my speaker working like be4...i mean do i have to adjust the springs or terminals or i have to buy something else....Can u please help me...i will really appreciate that...once again thanks a lot...

Regards
semingh
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-07-08 17:21

On 2008-12-15 02:38:39, vicky4209211 wrote:
hey buddy thanks for the pics...i had the same problem with my speakers as u did....in my case i dropped my phn accidently....anyways....i am not sure about the speaker terminals u were talking about in ur pic.....and what do i need to do to make my speaker working like be4...i mean do i have to adjust the springs or terminals or i have to buy something else....Can u please help me...i will really appreciate that...once again thanks a lot...

Regards

I simply plied the speaker terminals (the two gold coloured strips in the 4th photo, they are a little like the legs of a stapler) out a tiny bit, cleaned up the innards a little and reinstalled, and it worked. Considering I have had this phone for nearly 4 years now, and it does nearly everything an iphone can do, which is quite amazing really, and now it works perfectly again. Thanks Popolou!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi