Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > TeamVodafone 2007 thread

Author TeamVodafone 2007 thread
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-27 00:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just noticed that Team Vodafone are only 50 points behind in the Teams championship. If Garth Tander or Rick Kelly has a bad Round 14 performance and both Team VF cars do well, Team Vodafone could take both Championship titles!

Only 3 days now...
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-01 22:44
The championship race is finely poised...

TeamVodadone did well in qualifying with Jamie Whincup posting 3rd and Craig Lowndes posting 6th quickest times yesterday.

In the first race, Garth Tander managed to leap-frog both TeamVodafone cars during the compulsory pit stops and overtook HRT's Mark Skaife to win.
Whincup and Lowndes finshed 3rd and 4th respectively.

Whincup and Tander are now tied on equal points in the championship lead.
Tander will start from pole in today's second race...

New Zealand - Hosts of the 2011 Rugby World Cup

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-12-01 21:51 ]
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2007-12-02 11:42
Just thought I'd drop in and say hi. Youre doing an awesome job with this thread @carkitter. Too bad its not so popular with the euro audience! I used to love staying home all day for the Bathurst coverage!
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-03 00:46
@M-O
Cheers!

I bought a Freeview set-top-box just before Bathurst and that enables me to see wall to wall V8 Supercar coverage commercial free including Qualifying, Race 1,2 & 3 and replays of each plus another replay of the whole weekend on Monday nights. My wife will be glad that the season's now over.

On the subject of V8 Supercar coverage, hats off to Channel 7 who do a superb job of bringing us all the action, expert commentary and analysis, and interviews with the drivers and team managers. What more could a rev-head like me ask for!

I've heard that the SuperCheap Auto/Paul Weel Racing Team is being sold off at the end of this season. Let's hope SuperCheap Auto and Powerbuilt Tools continue to sponsor the TVNZ coverage of the sport in NZ. It'd be a shame if V8 Supercars were to disappear to Sky TV exclusively along with F1, MotoGP, WRC, Rugby League, International Cricket, etc, etc...

I think I'll send SCA and Powerbuilt tools an email of appreciation.

Garth Tander takes out the Drivers Title for Toll HSV, TeamVodafone drivers placed 2nd and 3rd!

Garth Tander took the round 14 win yesterday to become V8 Supercar Champion for the first time. Jamie Whincup was third in the round to finish the championship in 2nd place, only two points behind Tander. Last years Champion Rick Kelly, was fourth behind 2006 runner-up Craig Lowndes.

TeamVodafone 2007 yearbook to be available early next year, watch for it on the Website http://www.teamvodafone.com

Feel free to post any comments in the meantime.

Whew! What a year. I hope VodafoneNZ will take notice and get behind the team for 2008. I'd love the Mobisodes and Online content to be available on NZ's Vodafone Live!

New Zealand - Hosts of the 2011 Rugby World Cup

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-12-21 06:01 ]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-21 07:10
Oops! Team Vodafone placed second in the Championship Title not first!

Team Vodafone have announced Jamie Whincup and Craig Lowndes will continue with the team for the next two years.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-16 13:47
While the two drivers continue it appears that has moved on as handset provider to the team only to be replaced by NOKIA.

This team was sensational in 2007 and its a shame that only Nokia appear to recognise it. Unlike , Nokia have thier branding on the cars not just the clothing. I guess they spent more sponsorship dollars?

Anyway, as there is now no link between the team and I don't intend to continue the reports unless inundated with requests from interested members Post here if you want a TeamVodafone 2008 thread.

First race of the season is next weekend.
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-02-16 13:55
While I'm not really interested in a Nokia sponsored team (yeah I'm an SE brand loyalist, so what?), I have to say I think you did an excellent job of this thread and I'm disappointed that few members here paid an interest. So well done! And if you do continue with the 2008 series, I'll definitely drop by to see how it's going!
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-11-30 10:08
Well it's been an interesting 2008 V8 Supercar series this year with Holden's Garth Tander and Ford Performance Racing's Mark Winterbottom beginning the year well. In the NZ round (now held in Hamilton) Jamie Whincup was involved in a massive shunt in Qualifying causing his car to be written off and eliminating him from competing during the weekend.

Despite this, Whincup and teammate Craig Lowndes have fought back and have won many races between them with Whincup notching up 6 round victories. Together they won the prestigous SuperCheap Auto Bathurst 1000 for the third time in a row in such a commanding fashion that I cannot see them being beaten next year either. Things have gotten better and better since then with dominant performances form Whincup and Lowndes and the team scoring their first 1-2 round win and nearly repeating it in the penultimate round.

The Championship finishes next weekend with Whincup holding a 233 point advantage over his nearest rival and Lowndes in fourth place 169 points behind 3rd place defending champion Tander with a potential 300 points on offer for the round. The final round takes place at Oran park raceway in Sydney with practice beginning on Thurs 4th December. Looking forward to this immensely!

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2008-11-30 09:10 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi