Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > PCC: What went wrong and how we can fix it...

Author PCC: What went wrong and how we can fix it...
vwbeetle
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-11-13 04:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@atsamala

to answer your question, i dont think i ever did post greetings like good a.m., good p.m., etc. in pcc. as you know i am not in the "clique", i havent been to any e.b., and save for nookiehunter haven't really corresponded with anyone through the pcc thread.

@everyone
i was introduced to esato by one semicon employee shortly after i bought my t68m gold almost a year ago in dec. 2001. i was asking him where he got his spiderman background and he configured my phone to inlcude esato on wap. eventually i learned to visit esato on the web to pick "favorites" and shorten my gprs time when downloading photos. later i discovered the discussion forum and to my surprise learned much about the functions of my phone, my ipaq and how to use them together. i also learned which places have the best kebab (tama ba yun) and which audio shops carry the best equipment. i saw how you used to have a mission, vision, etc for the se philippine users group or something like that. i saw how you used to have a pcc poster profile. looked pretty serious for just a discussion group and i wanted to join, but i didnt have the time nor the inclination to ingratiate myself into the regulars. so not unlike a few others, i was contented to remain a lurker.

of course there were times when the discussions interested me and i joined in-- like the ateneo v la salle series. it involved good natured ribbing from both sides and it was fun to post, even if sometimes i would ask questions which no one would answer. this i think is the essence of what chit-chat used to be or ought to be. you guys post things about where to buy a good amplifier, where to get the best tasting sisig, where the really cool chicks (or guys) hang out, what to do when your gf finds out you call your cousin honey (hehe sorry nookie couldnt resist that classic) about your plans to play badminton or basketball and if anybody wants to join in, what the new promos of smart or globe are, etc. etc. this was good chit-chat and this was why it was the most visited thread in esato

but-- and i am letting chips fall where they may, please take no offense

when we ask just one person whether he/she is already home, or whether he/she is about to go home, the ceaseless good am or good pm, and of course the infamous foreign language lesson..i think this is going a little bit too far. if you are really intimate with another member of this group surely you MUST HAVE his/her cel number di ba? if so then why not just call and ask him/her is she is already home? or text the whole group to say good morning?

you all say we are free but you must understand that freedom is NOT absolute. with freedom comes responsibility. we really cannot stop you from posting ad nauseum and youre right if we dont like your posts then we should ignore them. but you should also think about the owner of the site whose resources we use, and your co-members who may not be as rich or willing as you to spend much on browing through 10 pages of "useless" chit chat as opposed to "useful" chit-chat

and dont get me wrong, im not flaming anyone..ive been putting up with it for almost a year and will continue to do so whatever you decide. why? because you can never know if there's "a pearl amidst all that mud"

just voicing out an opinion and i didnt have to re-register using a new nickname to do it. after all i trust that we are all adults here, arent we?
Crypto
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-18 08:30
Well I would't wonder why it got lock down, I used to asked a couple of questions as well and just went un-answered or ignored and I was welcomed by a couple few before but since then I really felt NOT WELCOME that's why I remained a lurker since then I GOT THE FEELING that I was not welcome to chit-chat that was the GENERAL FEELING and now that it is locked down I woulldn't wonder why? As it look promising, but promising does not count.

arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-18 08:57
Pinoy chit-chat is not gone. It has incarnated to another - http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=14013&forum=22
claudine
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-18 09:41
yeah right arnoldc! soon it will be in the garbage thread!! Its not the same old PCC coz as you said you will delete it after 5,000 posts... you should be in afghanistan planting kamote!!!

insecure ka ba? di ko lam kung nag gagaling galingan ka lang eh dahil if you will go and read the thread nothing seems to be wrong with the discussion ikaw lang ang malaking mali!!!!

pls ding wag ka mag magakling dyan! lahat ng pinoy dito sipsip sayo bakit? takot ma ban? mahirap talaga aminin ang totoo! [addsig]
intruder
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-18 10:33
sa tagalog na lang para hindi nakakahiya sa mga di pinoy. ndi lahat sipsip sa dios ng pcc, claudine. at sa palagay ko tama ang sinabi kanina ni cryto. at sa aking pananaw ang pcc ay thread ng sila-sila, kayo-kayo, kung wari iwe-welcome ang mga bago pero pagkatapos non, wala na wala nang papasin sa yo, (maliban na nga lang kung ikaw ang klase na mahilig isiksik ang sarili sa iba) magtanong ka o may kailangan kang tulong, babarahin o di kaya walang papansin sayo, kasi feeling nila nakaka annoy sagutin ang alam na nila eh. buhay na nga uli ang pcc pero wala pa ring pinagbago, sila-sila, kayo-kayo pa rin. tsk tsk tsk ang ilang pilipino nga naman.

This post was posted from a Nokia 7650

Scythe
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-18 10:42
So it goes to say that those who did their share of reactions with the colosing down of the old PCC are the friggin leeches? or slugs? kasi sipsip eh...ganun ba yun? Hey! Don't go accusing the lot 'coz not all lick somebody else's a** around here. Really not my forte.

And I don't think anybody gives a lame a** f**k if they get banned 'coz the people could just make another handle, just like you did! If it's the message posted status that people are after, then they are as lame as you are. But none of em are as dense as you, I suppose.

You might say that I reacted coz your message hit me. Well I say it might have. But not as you would think. It just hit me that you are just to damn scared to expose your original handle, and it again hit me as so damn shallow, and lame, and cowardly.

Ban me now.
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2002-11-18 10:56
Uy! Wag kayo mang-aaway

This post was posted from a T68i

Calvin c",)
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-18 11:04
Uy buhay pa pala to ah.
@Intruder, claudine, alam nyo I am as busted as you are when the PCC was locked. But do you think it's worth all the spiteful exchange of words? Wag tayo masyado magpaapekto. This site should serve as a source of info and PCC is just a bonus. I agree that there are people who cares only about their friends. Dami na kasing EB kaya malalim na ang pinagsamahan nila eh. But that shouldn't stop you from getting all the answers you need. Di lang naman PCC ang tao dito. I understand they (seniors) sometimes make us (newbies) feel out of place but if that's what matters to you most, baka nga di ito para sa inyo. Dami rin namang friendly at matulungin dito eh. I'm sure busy lang sila minsan o kaya baka di lang talaga nila alam isasagot sa iba mong questions.
Basta hinay hinay lang sa mga salita peace!
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-18 13:36
off-topic na kayo. a moderator has made the decision about the PCC thread - live with it.

--------------------- arnoldc's post -----------------------
i inserted this bit here since the thread has been locked...

my parting words

@claudine, thanks for your kind words. i do hope that it did you good and made you feel good. you're quite a bit excited when you made the post i can see from your typo errors. anyway, peace to you.
--------------------- end of insert -------------------------

[ This Message was edited by: arnoldc on 2002-11-18 14:12 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic