Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > PCC: What went wrong and how we can fix it...

Author PCC: What went wrong and how we can fix it...
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-12 08:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
higher_168, upset? huh?

ojshp, exclusive to some members? since when?

warlord, that will really give breathing room to esato's server and search will work faster.
Scythe
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-12 08:41
Was there ever any mention in the thread that the members felt that the mods were bullying anybody? Kung ganun man e natural lang yun kasi moderated nga ang forums!!! Mahirap bang intindihin yun?!!!
bonito99
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 09:08
It's, after all, a moderated forum. It's also called Pinoy Chit-Chat.It accepts any kind of topic, subject to reasonable regulations. I agree with 619 when he said "If you don't like my post, just ignore it." We're all paying GPRS charges anyway. Maybe we also do not maximize the Esato functions here, specifically the PM and Search. The Mod squad have done an a-ok job controlling this thread. There are reasonable regulations here, such as the anti-obscenities and "there's a specific thread for your post" which help this forum. I really don't care if you flirt cheaply here, vex out your rants or what have you. As long as it's within these reasonable regulations then post whatever you want, and be ready to assume the consequences of your posts. And closing this thread permanently is clearly a very very poor solution to this. Regarding the "clique" issue? I disagree.Everyone's welcome here. It's ultimately your choice to blend in or not.

[ This Message was edited by: bonito99 on 2002-11-12 08:39 ]
warlord
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 09:09
@Scythe- i was asking if they felt it. Did u? If not, then they didnt bully.

This post was posted from a T68i

R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 09:38
ayos ah, parang new pcc ito ah.....
since we cannot post on pcc now. this is the time to think abt what we should post and not to post... please maintain esato clean and green.
bonito99
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 09:40
@619: not too green.
Great Champions Die Hard.

" Women here in Manila are easy to get, specially if you have many dineros, I am talking in general here mate!I am already thru with Filipinas..." - JN a.k.a *jojo*
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 10:00
probably the PCC will be opened after the EB date... i like to invite the ppl to join the eb, so ull get to know the ppl behind the nick... gain more friends and reduce some enemies.. check out pEB for final details.
Jowi
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-12 10:18
just like to ask, why did it rename to HOP or House of Pinoys? diba mas ok yun PCC
vwbeetle
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 10:27
since its out in the open--

i can understand why the thread was locked out-- it basically used up too much resources on the host and yet it didnt seem to serve any useful purpose which couldn't be accomplished using some other venue (some of you have suggested irc, yahoo msg etc etc). think about it that thread could run into several pages with each one saying just good a.m., good p.m., its a monday, its raining, its a weekend etc etc. and people who had just joined for a few days would be able to accumulate posts running into 200. also, it "degenerated" into a clique thread where only a few people acknowledged one another, spoke to one another, answered one another. because of that, useful discussions (and there were many) suffered because they were buried in, well for lack of a better word, "chit-chat".

as far as the members were concerned, it also used up a lot of "bytes" just to browse using gprs. and some of us pay for gprs service. i had expressed my concern about this a couple of times, but..

i can understand the spirit of fun and exuberance, but its so typically pinoy to carry it to the extreme-- kind of like how we decorate the jeepney

my honest opinion-- if i were the owner of the site, i wouldnt allow a thread for "chit-chat", not after this experience. we are after all, just enjoying a privilege and not exercising a right.

R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 10:30
ojshp- exclusive to members... yes, to esato members..
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 10:33
yeah.... vvbeetle your right... maybe we shld start donating to esato. as soon as paypal is available for ppl of the ph.
jnonhoffzieg
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 10:39
Just want to add, the very few times I posted to PCC I was welcomed warmly, which I still appreciate.

Jeff
T68m -> R2F0004 on Cingular - I want my MMS!
warlord
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 10:39
Yeah right! Contribute guys! Pez!

This post was posted from a T68i

atsamala
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 11:09
I knew this would happen...i agree with bonito "it is our choice to blend in or not"

besides , no need to blame one another..we all started here in the same manner...dont tell me you dont post greetings like gud am,gud pm,etc....or even off the topic...we cant control people to post what he/she wants to post...

good thing no one post bad words here(i guess) or any direct offense to others....i guess i would agree to others to have a chat room like in yahoo to talk anything, say whatever we want to say..in that case no one will stop you,no rules,no offense...

one thing i also notice, MODS can delete msgs. if they seen it not related to the topic or very non-sense.

lastly, i've gone to one forum here wherein they just post pictures of sexy women, all throughout the pages...i think THAT eats a lot of resources here...and no one take actions....if we think this site is only for ericsson users or about phone techies...then how would you explain that...
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=6295&forum=22&start=40

we should not complain if others are having fun and posting some non-sense thoughts and ideas coz we cannot stop them and so with the MODS, we cant stop them if they want to close the thread.

peace ! !

[ This Message was edited by: atsamala on 2002-11-12 10:29 ]
Calvin c",)
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-12 11:13
Quote:

On 2002-11-12 09:38, 619 wrote:
since we cannot post on pcc now. this is the time to think abt what we should post and not to post... please maintain esato clean and green.

If this is how they want it, maybe someone should explicitly exclaim the dos and donts of posting.
The "stick to the topic" rule doesnt really apply since it was a "chit chat" thread which could easily make someone think its the place where you can post just about anything.

I agree with bonito that closing it permanently isnt a solution. I think we can only start moving on if someone (from the MODS) starts to let everyone understand the reason for the PCC closure and what everybody else should do to put everything back in order. I'm sure all of us would be willing to compromise.

PCC or not, I will respect your decision.

So...does this mean PCC should start looking for a new home?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic