Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > 20 Greatest Inventions by Muslims

Previous  1234  Next
Author 20 Greatest Inventions by Muslims
Stinger151
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-12-25 20:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

ROLMAO See that's the reason Dubya treats Arabs like second-class citizens and only pimps them because of their oil.

do u mean dubai?
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-25 20:23
Quote:

On 2006-12-25 20:10:19, Stinger151 wrote:
do u mean dubai?

I see what you're getting at. Sorry to burst your bubble but Dubai, as great a place that it is, would not exist in it's current state if the leaders of the UAE didn't have some sort of foresight...instead of buying American arms lets focus on tourism and a service economy.

Ok, its all built on oil revenues...they've diversified a bit but instead of building castles in the sky they should invest in industrial R&D.

Any bets on a commercially viable alternative energy source being invented/developed by Arab scientists
Liar liar pants on fire/ You burning up like David Koresh- Ghostface Killah
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-12-25 20:46
Quote:

On 2006-12-25 20:23:42, brix25 wrote:
I see what you're getting at. Sorry to burst your bubble but Dubai, as great a place that it is, would not exist in it's current state if the leaders of the UAE didn't have some sort of foresight...instead of buying American arms lets focus on tourism and a service economy.

Ok, its all built on oil revenues...they've diversified a bit but instead of building castles in the sky they should invest in industrial R&D.

Any bets on a commercially viable alternative energy source being invented/developed by Arab scientists

you seem awfully tolerant of others matey.

you might wanna think before you speak in future. Dubai has fuel to survive for the next 20/25 years on its current reserves and afaik they haven't properly looked into more. as for foresight.. why do you think they are building at a rate of knots? nothing at all to do with the fact that they might be running out of money so best do it now while they have the money? they are already gearing up towards tourism, where in the world can you go skiing in a shopping mall? nowhere other than the mall of the emirates, it also hosts the largest shopping centre in the middle east with the ibn battuta mall. tying in with the sking idea.. where esle in the world can you go, water skiing? sand skiing and snow skiing? no where that im aware of.

and yes were talking soley about Dubai here... 1 of the 7 emirates in the UAE.. and may i add not the largest or richest by quite a way.. so im sure daddy Abu Dhabi will mr Dubai should they need it. its an Islam state its all about give and take.. there not greedy like us westeners.

thats two comments you made in this thread that have made me think you have something against Muslims?

care to share something with us?

tolerance matey.. thats what this world is all about.. theres certain people and groups i dont fully enjoy but i dont go spouting my mouth off about it.

maybe think what impact you might have on others?

fatreg - not a muslim but tolerant of all people.

PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-25 20:53
Fatreg - a legend.
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-12-25 20:58
cheers PK..

just fooks me off when people say things and dont back them up..

GRRRRRRRRR.

back on topic..

i always thought the victorians did the pin hole camera thing? well that what i was told at school.. might have to pay my teachers a visit..

hehe

fatreg
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-25 21:01
Quote:

On 2006-12-25 14:02:00, brix25 wrote:
What have Muslims invented in the last 50 yrs or even the last century? Nothing! But if they want to take credit for ancient inventions they should go ahead. An American invented the cellphone but a Finnish company perfected it. An American made the first mass produced vehicle but the Japanese perfected production methods and quality issues.

How do you know muslims havn't invented anything in the last 50 or 100 years?...Muslims are working in the forfront in many industries of world today,..let me give you once example,.The worlds No:1 e-mail address Hotmail was invented by a Muslim,so next time you use Hotmail remember its there because of a Muslim!....Its sad that Less credit is given to scientists and innovators these days,a Chef is better known than someone who has invented something that can change our lives!

Muslims laid the foundation for most of whats mentioned,without the base there can be no structure so to say the american Martin Cooper invented the phone (which he did),and the fins perfected it,Sorry but without Martin coopers invention there would be no mobile phone today!....Its about the creation of something.
[addsig]
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-12-25 21:06
*Hi5's axxxr*
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-25 21:10
Quote:

On 2006-12-25 20:58:02, fatreg wrote:
i always thought the victorians did the pin hole camera thing? well that what i was told at school.. might have to pay my teachers a visit..

hehe

fatreg

Not everything they teach at school is true!

Here's your answer: wikipedia

"Ibn Al-Haytham (Alhazen), an Islamic mathematician, astronomer, and physicist invented the pinhole camera around 1000 Gregorian Calendar and explained why the image was upside down. Later around 1600, Della Porta reinvented the pinhole camera. Apparently he was the first European to publish any information on the pinhole camera and is sometimes incorrectly credited with its invention!"

[addsig]
lastikcizme
T230
PM
Posted: 2006-12-25 21:11
The majority of western societies know of the muslims from the terrorist acts of radical terrorist groups, and they don't really want to search any deeper to see the real picture. It is better to put the blame on religion instead of dirty politics.
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-25 22:34
@fatreg: You seem to get me all wrong. If you care to search for my previous posts in political threads I'm quite tolerant of many things and would consider myself liberal on most issues. The problem I have with this thread is that nutjobs and racists will come to the fore proclaiming superior intelligence based on the number of inventions by their countrymen/race/fellow believers. In todays context threads like this are divisive...not that we're all one happy family right now.
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-25 22:50
Quote:

On 2006-12-25 22:34:00, brix25 wrote:
@fatreg: You seem to get me all wrong. If you care to search for my previous posts in political threads I'm quite tolerant of many things and would consider myself liberal on most issues.

Let me refresh your memory then,in your previous post you said i quote:

"What have Muslims invented in the last 50 yrs or even the last century? Nothing! But if they want to take credit for ancient inventions they should go ahead."

Anyone can see that doesn't sound very liberal and tolerant!

Quote:

On 2006-12-25 22:34:00, brix25 wrote:
The problem I have with this thread is that nutjobs and racists will come to the fore proclaiming superior intelligence based on the number of inventions by their countrymen/race/fellow believers. In todays context threads like this are divisive...not that we're all one happy family right now.

So your admit having a problem with this thread,i wonder why exactly?..i smell a hint of prejudice!

This thread is not racist or anything else...highlightling something which is never mentioned is important,muslims are only shown in a negative context these days in the Media,the fact is muslims are far from that!

Why don't you stick to the Topic and talk about the achievements by Muslim Scientists and how they have benefited yours and everyone lives,or is that difficult?If anyones being divisive in this thread right now its you!

So next time you Take a picture or drink a cup of coffee or write a cheque....think about the origins!

[ This Message was edited by: axxxr on 2006-12-25 22:23 ]
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-25 23:57
@axxxr: To be brutally honest I don't care who invented the keyhole camera or coffee for that matter.
The point I was trying to make in the first post was not aimed at Muslim scientist per se but "Muslim" states who have not invested much in scientific education instead being pre-occupied with evil Zionists and infidels...in this context what have they come up with scientifically? What scientific research is conducted at Middle Eastern universities excluding Israel?
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-26 00:18
Quote:

On 2006-12-25 23:57:00, brix25 wrote:
@axxxr: To be brutally honest I don't care who invented the keyhole camera or coffee for that matter.
The point I was trying to make in the first post was not aimed at Muslim scientist per se but "Muslim" states who have not invested much in scientific education instead being pre-occupied with evil Zionists and infidels...in this context what have they come up with scientifically? What scientific research is conducted at Middle Eastern universities excluding Israel?

Welll this isn't about if you care or don't,...again this thread about achievements Muslim Scientists have made in the past and laid much of the foundation for a lot of what we have today.

Muslims states today are not as influential or as powerfull as they used to be in the past,most of the these amazing inventions are from a time when Muslims were very powerful,sadly overtime and for historical reasons they have lost a lot of that power...Again you make unfounded claims that muslims are not investing in education,tell me what fields of education are muslims are not represented?...muslims contribute in everyway just like anyone else! ...Again your trying to take this off topic by involving political issues,if you really want to discuss why muslims are anti-zionist and anti-infidel i suggest you start a seperate thread then i'll explain to why exactly that is...in the meanwile lets concentrate on how life is better because of these inventions!

I suggest you do a bit of research into Muslim Scientists today and you will find that they work in the forfront of many of todays largest research institutes alongside other scientists from various cultures and backgrounds!.

[ This Message was edited by: axxxr on 2006-12-25 23:52 ]
blu_6779
T310
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-26 02:03
One of the greatest Muslim scientists of our time is the President of India currently and the finest one we have had so far imo, APJ Abdul Kalam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APJ_Abdul_Kalam
Quizerooni
٩(͡๏̯͡&#3663۶
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-26 02:09
Wow i never knew that,he sounds looks an amazing man!

"honorary doctorates from at least thirty universities" now that is amazing! [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  1234  Next
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic