Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > How-to guide: T68i + Windows Xp + Usb cable

Previous  12
Author How-to guide: T68i + Windows Xp + Usb cable
rivieram
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-13 05:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Note on Win XP Tablet PC Edition

I just upgraded my computer to the Tablet PC Edition (yes, I have a tablet!) and XTNDConnect PC now behaves strangely. It syncs correctly (although slow sync mode every time), but the program never completes on the PC end; it just runs forever.

I put in a tech support request to the company and will post what I find out here in the forum.

David
sbozkus
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-18 19:59
Hello All,
I'd appreciate ideas / help on below scenario;
I have following components: R520m - WinXP Pro - DRS-10 data cable
I've installed "Package 4" of Ericsson Communications Suite R4A (Build 2002).
When I try to run "Phone Settings" or "Phone Book & Text Message Manager"; my R520m beeps every few seconds and show "Optimized Charging" on it's display. But above software can not find R520m on the attached cable.
Here is what I've tried in different turns:
- On my mainboard BIOS COM ports were assigned to "Auto" setting. I put them to their "usual & known" settings (adress and IRQ).
- I uninstalled XTND Connect PC (being heard that it's problematic on Win XP)
- I put two above mentioned programs (which can not detect my attched R520m) on to "Win 2000 compatibility" mode (right click on their .exe and from "Properties" choose Win2000 compatibility). Then time between above mentioned "beeps" (while software tries to find the phone) increased, but still no result.
- I tried W98 compatibility mode. Then no beeps, but still no phone found.

No wait, I'll now make it harder for you to come up with a suggestion:
I used exactly same components (same GSM-same cable - same Communications Suite R4A) on my office notebook (which runs "real" Win 2000 pro) : Everything run perfectly !!

Now would anyone dare to come up with any idea (about how to have them work on Win XP Pro) ?
If there is any hero within the crowd, I'd highly appreciate.

Kind regards
Serdar
andyi
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-02-26 00:41
Hi Rivieram

"For Windows 98, most of the same instructions apply -- except the "daily instructions" at the end of my post. Once you have everything installed correctly, you should not have to do anything except plug-in the phone to the end of the USB cable. If that doesn't work, post here and let me know."

I am using 98 and have followed the advice in your excellent posts here, but cannot get XTNDConnect to work on my PC. The reason I believe is that my cable is always installed as COM5 (>4) and I can't seem to change it. Does anyone know how I could force the cable to be assigned to another COM port? I am using the MobileAction cable MA-8910p?

many thanks,
andy
Qed
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-04-28 19:12
For the solution to the "Outlook must be run prior to installing" problem read his thread:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=8881&forum=17#post115368
MarcoCaires
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-09-04 12:05

Rivieram, is it work with Windows NT ??
Ayakouna
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-12-10 14:53
It does not work with my T68i.
The phone can't be recognized.
Can I uninstall phone monitor ? How to do that ? Do the SE communication pack contains phone monitor too ?
I first installed phone monitor driver, then the communication pack, followed the instructions about the port etc...
Nothing happens. No way to get my T68i to be recognized. Please help me !
ESTOR
K550 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-12-12 18:44
The communication suite/pack includes MPM.

Make sure you have a USB data cable and not USB CHARGING cable. You need to install a driver for the USB data cable.
rivieram
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-13 01:26
I couldn't say if it runs on NT. Why in the world would you still be running NT? Go out and get yourself a copy of XP!

-- D
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi