Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Owning a pet

Author Owning a pet
london-uk
Sony CMD MZ5
PM
Posted: 2007-03-20 00:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Never had a cat myself, but one of my neighbours has two black cats. They never go out (which I find a bit cruel, but have been told by other cat owners that it's quite common for people to have house cats who never go out !?!). The other day my neighbour had left the door open, and one of the cats walked outside and basically freaked out. It didn't know what to do, it was just walking around meowing, and then it went back inside. wtf!

Am I the only one to think that having a cat confined to a flat all the time (literally for its whole life) is a bit cruel, or am I off the mark? [addsig]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-03-20 00:45
I was planning in gettin' me one some years past . . . but after havin' seen my neighbor's CAT, eat . . . I suddenly changed my plans

The CAT itself has a striking-resemblance to this one:

[addsig]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-03-20 03:26

On 2007-03-20 00:44:46, london-uk wrote:
Never had a cat myself, but one of my neighbours has two black cats. They never go out (which I find a bit cruel, but have been told by other cat owners that it's quite common for people to have house cats who never go out !?!). The other day my neighbour had left the door open, and one of the cats walked outside and basically freaked out. It didn't know what to do, it was just walking around meowing, and then it went back inside. wtf!

Am I the only one to think that having a cat confined to a flat all the time (literally for its whole life) is a bit cruel, or am I off the mark?

it is a little bit cruel maybe you should report the neighbour to the RSPCA!
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-03-20 04:35
Looks like one of the fat cats everybody is talking about.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2007-03-20 12:43
When a cat hasn't ever been out, she doesn't know better and doesn't miss anything.
In cities, there's too much traffic, when a cat gets out, she'll sooner or later get killed in an accident.
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
Horonaim
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2007-03-20 14:48

On 2007-03-20 00:45:45, *Jojo* wrote:
I was planning in gettin' me one some years past . . . but after havin' seen my neighbor's CAT, eat . . . I suddenly changed my plans

The CAT itself has a striking-resemblance to this one:

omg. look at the size of that. lol must be edited huh?
Stick and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me.
andymac
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-03-20 16:46
Don't think it is. It's just a very obese cat - a sad reflection on the owners who apparently don't seem to care that it's dangerously overweight.
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-13 07:16
Is that cat for real? That is cat abuse.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-04-20 14:50
Jeez, how many tins of Felix does it take to get a cat that big?

Its a wonder it can lick its own bum-hole the poor thing.
aatuif
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-20 14:56
Don't own one, but a pet one hangs around... love to feed it...
just delivered a kitten a couple of days ago...
Roo6
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-20 16:05
It's not cruel for the cats to stay indoors, some cats just don't like being outside!

A friend of mine has a cat that only goes out in the evening, she's a nurse so she isn't home through the day. He likes having the house to himself to just mooch about in a cat like fashion.

Get a cat and as long as he has a litter try, he'll be fine to just go out at night!
scottt
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-04-20 16:27

On 2007-03-20 03:26:05, miss uk wrote:

On 2007-03-20 00:44:46, london-uk wrote:

Am I the only one to think that having a cat confined to a flat all the time (literally for its whole life) is a bit cruel, or am I off the mark?

it is a little bit cruel maybe you should report the neighbour to the RSPCA!

There obviously house cats meaning the obvious.....

We have a house cat, she's called Thia and is a pedigree ragdoll. Paid £350 but worth every penny. She goes out in the back garden and is happy enough but we have to keep a close eye though she has no intention of running off. If she ever did get out i can imagine she would panic to death and come back, thats before someone would pick her up and nick her! As she stands out a mile...

Here's a pic....

[ This Message was edited by: scottt on 2007-04-20 15:28 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-04-20 16:31
Awww, she is beautiful.

My cat fell out of the window the other day. From the second floor.

If it wasn't for a neighbour taking her in I don't know what would have happened her.
Roo6
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-20 16:35
Wow what a gorgeous cat! My cat Smudge loves the outdoors, but his sister, before she died, much preferred being inside!
maggflodd
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-04-20 17:34

On 2007-04-20 16:31:55, goldenface wrote:
Awww, she is beautiful.

My cat fell out of the window the other day. From the second floor.

If it wasn't for a neighbour taking her in I don't know what would have happened her.

no damage, I hope? One of my cats was hit by a car 1 1/2 yrs ago - pelvis and hips broken in 6 places, tail ripped off, etc... Was hiding for 2 days just off the road under some dead branches until we found her eventually - couldn't walk obviously, so it's still a mystery how she managed to get there... 2 operations, 8 srews'n'nails, 6 weeks peeing blood, and after 2months she jumped around again as if nothing ever happened (oh, she really hates cars now! good!)... Amazing what some of them take... My old friend itchy had to be x-rayed one day for his lungs, and just so they discovered 15 shotgun pellets all over his body!!! We spent a lot of time with him - he never ever showed any problems!!! And than there's a stray who moved in with us.. She stumbles over a match and is sick for 2 days a very cute softie...how she survived about a year in the wild I have no idea... it's amazing how individual they all are! [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic