Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Pixy demo 0.11

Author Pixy demo 0.11
space2
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-07 19:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well, if you are wondering why isn't there a new update to clockss/stickit, then here's the reason: Pixy. I've been working on this program a lot lately, and here's ther esult, almost finished. Since this is a commercial application I can give you only trial version (no file saving).

More info, screenshots, download links, manual:
http://www.saxoft.com/get.php?page=pixy
londonlad123
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2006-12-08 21:01
Used it a couple of times, works fine on p990. Quite a detailed app. If you need to make improvements to it then id say do a little introduction to the tools. But I'm not really a paint shop pro so the intro would be for new users like me. Adding Task Manager to the menu is a nice touch.

right now we cant open any files becuase its a demo, but with the full app would someone be able edit photos?
space2
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-08 21:25
Only the saving is removed from the demo version, not the loading.
The loading won't work in the full versions on photos, because it's an indexed-image editor program. Ie. it creates and edits images with a palette.
I needed such program very badly to create gfx for our mobile games anywhere, anytime. (Indexed images are much more suited for mobile games due to their smaller size).

I was once thinking of making a separate photo editor program... but I'm afraid I wont have time... and I'm not that interested in that one.
jazzywheelz
X1 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-11 10:35
Quote:

On 2006-12-07 19:26:35, space2 wrote:
...Since this is a commercial application I can give you only trial version (no file saving)...

saving worked for me.
space2
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-11 10:56
Hmm, strange, ... but no problem Enjoy

It's still not the final version (but very close).
Meanwhile I added a usefull function to v0.12: tiletest and tilemap editor:
* you can select a rectangular area of the screen and the preview area will we filled with it tiled.
* you can even treat the image as tileset, edit a small "map" with it and use it as preview. So if somebody is working on a tilemap, he can test quickly how it will look in a game, and every edit will be seen in the mockup immediately

But I need to speed-optimize these functions, since now they are very slow.
I also added some trick to increase stability (no need to worry if the phone will run out of memory )
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi