Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 198199200 ... 505506507  Next
Author Huge Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2007
prototype_bo
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-23 22:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
a winning formula should not be changed.
K700>K750>K800..
Ps: i wish SE don't alter the 'k' series with another letter.
albero23
Z520 white
PM
Posted: 2007-02-23 22:49
i think the could do it
don't you remember the jump from t to k whit the k700?
maybe K to C...

[ This Message was edited by: albero23 on 2007-02-23 21:50 ]
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-02-23 23:05
Quote:

On 2007-02-23 22:28:43, xumdeo wrote:
it's holiday over here, things a bit slow, I'll double check when I get to; but like I said, everybody knew the P990 delay (partly because of M600) was a mistake

I seriously don't think the full spec and full frontal pics (lol) can hold up till october, by that time over a 1000 people around the world would have touched it, it'll be the biggest joke in the industry. why, SE will take up all the test models in 4 continents and replace all of them with an upgraded Sofiaaaaic in September and expect all the wives and children be quiet about it??? seriously even the shop managers at the bottom of the food chain know about it now, some smarter ones even *claimed* that they've seen it (yes I'm talking to SE, if ur watching this thread), if I were you I'd announce it next week, because there won't be any differences, the N, M, S companies have already got videos of your Sofia baby, it's no secret and no commercial interest anymore. if you announce that early, you keep the fan base and lose the sales (you already have), if you announce late, you lose everything.

SE better have a frigging good reason if they're really doing that.

[ This Message was edited by: xumdeo on 2007-02-23 21:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: xumdeo on 2007-02-23 21:48 ]

You tell em!!!! lol

jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-23 23:16
i wouldn't see a october release as dramatic and it also would make sense somehow
june is not a month where people buy cell phones, or even are interessted in buying one - its the 4th quater, where providers have christmas specials and where people are pulling out all the money they have and buy cell phones
until october the K810(also w880) is a good phone that keeps the masses sadisfied (people are even not buying K750s...)

sony ericsson is producing for the mass market - not for esato
cristiano
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-02-23 23:20
it seem's that SE will fucos on the mid-low end mobile more than the high-end one's
we haven't seen anything new and great from SE for almost a year scinse K800 (if you count it)
SE should release in each Q a high end mobile
not leaving them for the end of the year
i know lot's of people who wanted to change thier mobile but they didn't find anythiong from SE (they used to have K750-W800-W700 and now most of them went for nokia )
hope they release something great soon
or i'm going for nokia not just me

edit: jack00
we in mid east buy mobile in the holiday which is between june -nov or dec
we don't have a christmes
and not all of the people r going to chang thier mobile at christmes
some of them want to change it now

[ This Message was edited by: cristiano on 2007-02-23 22:24 ]
janosik
K770 Beige
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-02-23 23:24
hey people I think the camera of sony ericsson come from KODAK

http://www.zio.ch/kodak+und+s[....]ber+lizenzen/16810/detail.html

Finanzielle Einzelheiten der Verträge wurden nicht bekannt gegeben. Ein ähnliches Abkommen wurde mit Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB geschlossen, einem Joint Venture zwischen Sony und Ericsson.

english text:
Financial details of the contracts not admits given. A similar agreement was closed OFF with Sony Ericsson mobile Communications, a joint venture between Sony and Ericsson.
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-23 23:36
Quote:

On 2007-02-23 23:20:32, cristiano wrote:
edit: jack00
we in mid east buy mobile in the holiday which is between june -nov or dec
we don't have a christmes
and not all of the people r going to chang thier mobile at christmes
some of them want to change it now

oh, my mistake, i didn't thought about that
but i still think, that they make the majority of their profit in the 4th quater
and if you look that the market right now, se has quite a good position - phone wise
and i even see with the now announced phone, that this position is not in danger - true - they won't have(if rumors are true) a counterattack for nokia (targeted the N series), but I don't think that an october release would really damage them

i mean, i'm also waiting for a phone, that could replace my K700 - but I'm also waiting for a good offer from my provider, and those are around april and around december
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-24 03:12
sofia wont be out in october. If thats the case, then may as well not even release the thing as it would lose so much market by then......

it will be out in q2. june/july.
xumdeo
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-02-24 04:23
Quote:

On 2007-02-23 23:20:32, cristiano wrote:

i know lot's of people who wanted to change thier mobile but they didn't find anythiong from SE (they used to have K750-W800-W700 and now most of them went for nokia )
hope they release something great soon
or i'm going for nokia not just me

I personally need a new phone, too

Think the holiday season argument applies more to the mid-range phones, those are the phones you buy for first time users, or people not keen enough to buy phones themselves, you won't get them a N95 for example
Yessir
W760 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-24 04:54
If the w910 and w890 are true are there any spy photos or release dates?
prototype_bo
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-24 08:43
Guys, i don't think SE would do such a bad move. When that guy said sofia will be everywhere by october, he probably meant the states mobile market will have this phone by that time.
Another thing, SE don't want to give NOKIA a big headstart with a 5 mega pixels phone, but their true goal at this time is to maintain the worldwide 4th position over LG. The 3rd and 4th Q of each year are their money milking months. And we shall enjoy flirting with all the ladies:
SOFIA, ELENA, MARIA
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-24 11:03
If its going to be October for Sofia, there better be a good reason. Even if they want make a high end cameraphone based on UIQ they shouldn't rule out a regular 5MP cybershot. I do understand that they need to start pushing UIQ but they should go with 3.2MP this year and make the big push next year. One thing UIQ needs is support for more languages, espesially Arabic, that's why regular or new UI is better than UIQ for the time being.
I don't want a signature anymore.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-02-24 11:10
@mustafabay

I agree. I am not sure Sofia would be any better with UIQ either - I wouldn't say needs it if its going to be placed mid-tier like the K750i.

I don't think it should be aimed at the smart-phone crowd.
T-mobile
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-02-24 11:51
IMO I think SE strategy is very good. They really really know people's needs and they are going after that. People have to understand that the majority of people are imature users of cellphones. Having lots of high end phones does no good to a company because people are not ready for them in general. There was a point that everybody was excited about having everything on a cellphone but this is not for everybody. Remember the point of people were buying the most advanced phone and they basically knew only how to call and text? The flagship of owning a cellphone has been in the past and less and less people are looking what kind of phone you have. It is so common this day that EVERYONE has a phone.

People now are focusing slowly slowly to their real needs and not to impress others because owning a cellphone is so common now. SE sees that and is helping the market become more mature with the technology and is pushing devices to the middle range. eg what K750 was the top have phone 2 years ago, the same exactly phone the K550 after 2 years is targeted towards the midrange users. 2 years ago you could see dumb people with K750 and couldn't take it to its limits. Now a K750 (or K550) is more ready for the mass, because the average level of knowledge of users has increased. Therefore K550 (K750 repacked) is very natural and appropriate for the average guy. Also you see the J series becoming a little better because the really entry level guy (old people) have become a liiiitle more experts and familiar with the technology.

Of course SE will give us high end phones, but few ones compared to the total portfolio because real high end users are a very small percentage.
Look what Nokia is doing. They have like 20 S60 phones and you see people are buying these phones and don't know how to use them. A big portion of Nokia phones are smart phone and therefore more immature cellphone users will buy a smart Nokia and won't take it to its limits.

This it the reason you will see SE going up all the time. It has better strategy than others. Nokia until 2-3 years ago was producing a model every week but was targeting to people (the majority actually) that wanted to get something new nomatter what. Things are changing now.

EDIT:
Just a question:
Do you all REALLY REALLY need a new phone every 6 or 12 months? When the P910 came out, was it a REAL good reason to sell your P900 and go after P910 for a loss of 200-300 or more Euros basically for owning a little improved phone? Or it was like "ohhhh shit something is new out there, I HAVE to HAVE it."

I don't doubt people's needs but sometimes there is too much overconsumption out there.
I understand that people are having hobbies and one of them is getting everything new is out there. But because SE doesn't satisfy this hobbie doesn't mean that SE sucks. Comments like "oh god I can't wait, if SE doesn't give me a dream phone by next week, I will fly to Nokia" are totally immature IMO.
See what your needs are at the moment you want a phone, and choose one from the huge range that there is out there from all manufactures.

[ This Message was edited by: T-mobile on 2007-02-24 11:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: T-mobile on 2007-02-24 11:12 ]
prototype_bo
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-24 12:06
Well, no one knows. But the definite thing is, SE loyalists are a bit bored from the same old easy to use interface. They (much like me) need a change, with the inclusion of new features.
These features doesn't necessary mean 12 optical zoom, 16 gb internal memory. But rather smart features:
Improved calendar, security measures like password protected file manager, true high speed usb 2.0 transfer(like w950),
Bigger screen, stereo speakers, and so forth.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 198199200 ... 505506507  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic