Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Splashpower powers mobile Phones without Chargers

Previous  12
Author Splashpower powers mobile Phones without Chargers
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-22 20:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I think he is!

I personally can't wait to get hold of this and get rid of my obtrusive chargers which keep getting tangled.

[addsig]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-09-22 20:48
as a regular world and EU traveller (I'm off to Singapore and Sydney again in 2 weeks) I cry out for a universal charging solution.

I don't tend to carry wall chargers perferring instead to use USB chargers but even then there are still multiple cables to carry

when this technology matures it will be fantastic!
nokevin
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2006-09-24 12:57
Quote:

On 2006-09-22 20:48:09, masseur wrote:
as a regular world and EU traveller (I'm off to Singapore and Sydney again in 2 weeks) I cry out for a universal charging solution.

I don't tend to carry wall chargers perferring instead to use USB chargers but even then there are still multiple cables to carry

when this technology matures it will be fantastic!

So your going travelling with something that is, by the looks of it at least 5 or more times bigger & will be at least 5 time heavier (as inside it will have tones of copper wire wrapped round heavy cast iron to create the electromagnetic induction) than the standard wall charger and it still has to be plugged into the mains that you still need a travel adapter for, sorry im not getting the point of this

[ This Message was edited by: nokevin on 2006-09-24 12:01 ]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-01-13 09:46
as a bump to this topic I came across the following on How Stuff Works...

How Wireless Power Works

still haven't seen these available anywhere yet though
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-13 11:11
Hi all,
Sorry but as great a concept as this at first appears i actually agree with Nokevin and the others that think it is completely pointless. Although it is a great idea for say one or two locations on a permanent basis for travelling it is far bigger and heavier and as already pointed out you would still need adapters to plug it in for each different territory.

I really fail to see the advantage over a simple docking stand that not only powers your phone but allows connection to your PC/Laptop for syncing. Lets face it even if you don't need a docking stand a single plug and wire with a connector that you attach to the end of your phone isn't exactly hard work now is it.

The advances in Battery technology are far more interesting than this product IMO, I defiantly would not consider buying this when the equipment already comes with a charger IMHO absolutely pointless. But it's a free world well nearly so for those that find it exciting go ahead buy it and enjoy.

Marc
Blackberry Bold, V4.6.0.214, 8GB SDHC, Pin2553F455
Honoured to have Won Best Debater for the 2nd Year
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-01-13 11:19
I too am holding out for improved batteries as this seems to be the slowest developing technology of all, but I would envisage that devices like the splashpower, if they become standard, would be available in every business hotel room the same way that some sort of broadband internet access has become available and therefore no need to carry one with you.

but even if you did carry one of these, it would only be one and not a plethora of cables and adaptors

on my recent trip home to oz for Christmas I had a whole section of my backpack that I use for carry-on just for the different charges I needed which included my laptop, 2 different phones (M600 and TyTN), my Sony Camera, my portable GPS etc etc... crazy!
arien617
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-13 18:12
Quote:

On 2006-09-21 18:38:16, strizlow800 wrote:
They should put things like that all over our planet so our phones will never drain the battery again.

I haven't seen wireless charging points like these but in theme parks (thorpe park, chessington (in the UK)) there are lockable mobile phone charging points. You put your phone in, connect it, shut the cover and enter a code and when you come back all you do is enter the code, disconnect the phone and away you go.
arien617
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-14 20:47
Quote:

On 2006-09-21 17:19:14, slugworth wrote:
but how do u send suffitiont volts and electrons through the air via a controlled source? how can someone harnels a 240v of power through the air with no arch and safely put it into a device with out electricuting the user?

i say this as im doing a A level in physics

The simple way of doing this is by being able to control the range of the output(somehow) and then using a switch which would start with a delay of, lets say 10 secs after being switched on and then turn off after the battery is fully charged. This way when the user is nearby the device there isn't a big risk of being fried by the power.
I'm guessing this could work.
marran
T300
PM
Posted: 2007-01-17 17:34
If u put your hand on it, will u get shocked?
I HBH-DS970
pkzild
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-17 18:57
yea i bet this thing takes like 50 hours to charge probably
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-06-11 15:23
Some good news finally....Splashpower will be available to buy from July 9th.

[addsig]
belialwafu
W700
PM
Posted: 2007-06-12 01:04
do you know the price? what if my phone has a crystal case do I have to remove it? I would like to buy it...hehe [addsig]
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-06-12 01:50
question is which phones will be able to use it.
is SE going to be a pioneer and make me smile, or simply say on the side again.

splashpower is as old as the T68m, why does it take so long to lauch it while the prototype was working "perfect"
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
smiller55
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-18 04:57
It's amazing technology and I know we are getting much nearer the time we will acutally be able to use the technology, but the number of companies working in the space.

For those interested in knowing exactly how it work's check out the resource I found:

http://powerbyproxi.com/wireless-power/

I am assuming the technology is the same for charging a battery??
[ This Message was edited by: smiller55 on 2014-09-18 03:57 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi