Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > K800 Firmware Overview

Author K800 Firmware Overview
mwarner
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-07-09 15:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Renamed the thread to "K800 Firmware Overview" due to the difference in firmware versions and the lack of UK availability of the K790.

Added information on over-the-air firmware updates.

Added vendor specific firmware releases.

Modified the UK vendor list's latest available firmware information.
xan K
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-07-09 17:03
I like the way you handle firmware threads. do you have a w810 firmware thread also?
hoximagic
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-10 01:03
After a few days of heavy K800 usage I have only come accross one bug;

Synchronization -> Account -> More -> View log

The Entry counter & Data counter does not show anything, and sometimes the screen gets garbled with strange patterns. I found the log when trying to hunt down sync. problems against mobical.net.

(using R1CB001)

EDIT: Be warned, after trying "View log" a couple of times with a garbled screen, my K800 totally freaked out. It freezed when using some menu alternatives all the time. Finally it allowed me to do a "total reset" and after that it worked fine again.

I don't know at all if the "view log" caused this, but you have been warned...

[ This Message was edited by: hoximagic on 2006-07-10 10:46 ]
Bluechaos
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-07-10 07:56
I'd like to know if this firmware has already supported multi-character search like in the latest K750 Firmwares. It is a very good feature, and one thing I didn't like with SE phones was that they didn't incorporate multi-character search. Glad they sorted it out in K750 already and hopefully K800 has that feature out of the box.
mwarner
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-07-10 13:14
@xan K
> I like the way you handle firmware threads.

Thanks

> do you have a w810 firmware thread also?

I am afraid not. I only do firmware threads about the phones I own - which basically means the next generation non-symbian phones that come out in the early summer (T610, K700, K750, K800). I can't really keep up with all the different phone models and I don't have much interest for modified current-generation devices such as the W810. Sorry!!

@Bluechaos

> I'd like to know if this firmware has already supported
> multi-character search like in the latest K750 Firmwares

I assume you are using an Eastern firmware? EU and American firmwares have always had multi-character search on the K750 (it was introduced in a firmware update to the K700).

@hoximagic

Interesting information. I'd check it out myself, but i'll be very busy over the next few days. Does anyone else have a mobical account to test this information?
hoximagic
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-10 20:02
Seems like I was a little bit to quick to draw conclusions on what caused my phone to freak out. The "view log" under "synchronization" doesn't work, but that didn't case my K800 to go nuts.

Instead it seems like selecting "weekly update" on at least one of the preset "RSS" feeds totally screws up my phone. I tried doing this on directly after a "Master Reset" on three of the preset "RSS" feeds, and that caused major problems on the phone. Only a "Master Reset" would make the phone work flawlessly again.

Can anybody else confirm this? Does it work on your K800?

Be warned; my K800 had to be reset using master reset and that will erase everything in phone memory!

[ This Message was edited by: hoximagic on 2006-07-10 19:04 ]
Ibinco
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-07-11 09:22
I think i ve found abug. Im on R1CB001 generic.

My Delivery reports dont come through. The SMS are delivered but i recieve no report. I checked the settings and its a 10000% on. Tried master reset ...nothing helps. Anyone else with this problem?
I got the magic stick!
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-07-11 10:34
What network are you on?

This message was posted from a WAP device

BAH434X
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-11 10:36
Quote:

On 2006-07-04 15:23:11, loomx63 wrote:
Mines R1CD001 its on three.

Anyway to debrand yet? how long do you reckon it will take?

http://www.wotanserver.com/detail.php?phone=19

Works and is very easy
Ibinco
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-07-11 10:37
Quote:

On 2006-07-11 10:34:48, jcwhite_uk wrote:
What network are you on?

This message was posted from a WAP device

Im on Kpn Netherlands.
I got the magic stick!
figgeo
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-07-12 08:26
After i tested the phone a bit i noticed that all java app works very slow, if i start the same app in my k750 and my k800 it is about 10 sec longer time to start up in my k800. What to do?
i think it started when i was in and looking in the rss reader, when i was in that folder the phone rebooted and workes strange since that. Anyone else got the same problems?

when i got in to the rss folder and press update the phone reboots, what to do?
spcdust
Vivaz Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-07-12 11:00
Bit of a simple question I'm sure you'll think....

I've got the Vodafone branded K800i which has removed the Sony Ericsson Remote Update Service in the Settings menu. When a future Vodafone firmware update becomes available how does one get hold of it and install it on the phone, or is that it, am I now consigned to the firmware pre-installed on the phone?

Surely Vodfone must periodically update their own firmware, I'm just curious how I get hold of it to ensure my phone is running the latest version. Does Vodafone send it out to their customer base via SMS (or similar) or will I be able to download it from Vodfone's/Sony Ericsson's web- site? I'm not that offended by the Vodafone branding so is it best to leave things as they are rather than force a generic firmware update onto the phone?

A few similar questions I know, thanks in advance for your help in answering my queries.

Nathan
hoximagic
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-12 11:05
@figgeo:
Sounds like the same prolem as I had. Did your K800 recover or did it require a "Master reset"?

Seems like the RSS reader is very buggy and that some operations will make the phone work slow or almost not at all.
figgeo
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-07-12 11:17
I did a master reset and now i works pretty well. Havent tested rss anymore,
leerichards
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-07-12 15:36
I'm having an issue with my phone in that the apps and games folders are no longer accessible after using the USB cable! Noted that a few other people on this forum are having exactly the same issue. Tried a master reset, no good.

Called SE and they said use the firmware update software to reflash the firmware. Even though I advised I didn't think the software did that, they said to try it anyway. Of course, it doesn't allow it.

I really don't want to send it back to 02 (I've had enough of messing about with them over the M2 card fiasco). Plus, it'll be a major hassle being without a phone.

I'm tempted to have a go with the WotanServer s/w to re-flash the firmware myself. Sensible idea or not? I suppose I could wait until the next SE firmware release and see if that solves it. Any advice?

Cheers,

Lee
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic