Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > t68 and bluetooth

Previous  12
Author t68 and bluetooth
Harleydog
P900
PM
Posted: 2001-12-07 17:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
How do you like the HB-20 and does anyone know about BlueSpoon as advertised by Expansy. Is it an earpiece that functions both as receivier and transmitter.

THanks
davab
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-12-08 00:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Firstly got the R1C upgrade, and yes it does seem faster, when I say that I mean scroling through menus and contacts list, don't know about sms as I'm slow anyway

Secondly for Jan, think I may have got my wires crossed over functionality of HBH-15 when b/tooth set to auto. With mine cannot use voice dial from headset, (i.e. push button for tone) but if make normal call headset picks it up as normal, also can answer calls as normal from headset when on auto, can you do anything else with yours? Also how do you record contacts through headset?, do you get the tone through the headset and the voice repeated through the headset?

Finally the HBH-20. Although Expansys are advertising at £ 163 ukpds, I collected mine and paid £ 145, whether their price is wrong on web I don't know but £ 18 seems expensive for shipping.

Headset itself is very light...too light really, it feels more like a toy and quite cheap, which it obviously isn't!!

Standby is 60 hrs, talk approx 4 hrs compared to HBH-15 which is 120 and 6 hrs according to E///.

The clip is pretty substantial but fixed, which I imagine could be a pain as *all* the controls are on the body of the unit, and very, very small. There are seperate buttons for talk and for hanging up on the front, and seperate buttons on the side for volume up and down. Why E/// couldn't have put the talk control on the back of the mic as with normal wired h/free is beyond me. With this design you have to retrieve it from your pocket to accept a call, unless you use full voice which cuts phone battery time substantially.

Operating distance is exactly the same as with the HBH-15 (side by side comparison) but voice quality seems inferior slightly. The HBH-15 has been crystal clear at both ends, the HBH-20 seems to be slightly muffled at my end (probably due to ear piece being in ear) and the same at the other end, (probably due to mic being by throat instead of mouth?)

So which to go for can't afford to keep both.....hmmmm, this is going to be a hard weekend .... now when's that new little nokia headset due out

Dave

[ This Message was edited by: davab on 2001-12-08 00:31 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi