Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > 4G Tests sucessfull!

Author 4G Tests sucessfull!
MrSavoy
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-10-10 17:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I don't know if this has been talked about here yet, I came across this and I thought you guys would be interested.

-Savoy

from cellular-news.com:

Japan's DoCoMo says that it has succeeded with a 100Mbps-downlink and 20Mbps-uplink transmission experiment under an indoor environment using an experimental system for 4G mobile communications.

Since April, 1998, DoCoMo has been conducting research on 4G mobile communications. In the course of this research, DoCoMo has conducted indoor trials on an experimental system that incorporates base station and mobile station equipment to evaluate key technologies in 4G packet wireless access and demonstrate its benefit by employing the implemented experimental system.

4G mobile communications system offering high-speed transmission of large-capacity data with wide coverage requires a bandwidth of approximately 100 MHz. When using a channel with such a broad bandwidth, transmission quality required can be impaired by a large number of multipaths, that is, the occurrence of secondary signals reflected off buildings, mountains and other surrounding objects.

DoCoMo's experimental 4G mobile communications system employs variable spreading factor (VSF) and orthogonal frequency code division multiplexing (OFCDM) technologies which is developed by DoCoMo to mitigate the impact of severe multipath interference, and to allow flexible and fast packet transmission in compliance with area and other communications conditions, thereby achieving a broad-bandwidth, large-capacity wireless system. The International Telecommunication Union Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R) is now developing vision framework for systems beyond IMT-2000, in which the 4G mobile communication is expected to be a key forming part. In Japan, the Ministry of Public Management, Home Affairs, Posts and Telecommunications (MPHPT) is taking the initiative to develop key 4G technologies by 2005 for commercial deployment scheduled around 2010.
shklar1
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-10 18:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
We have already discussed this...
http://esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=12006&forum=2
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi