Esato

Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > A couple of my mates. Meet JasJar and K-Jam (many pics)

Author A couple of my mates. Meet JasJar and K-Jam (many pics)
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-03 00:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
so far so good masseur
Bt while i was doing this i decided to play around with outlook........if u remember i had sed i dont use it at home olny at work. Anyway I managed to configure to get my work email synched with my laptop outlook......so im getting work email to the outlook....only one thing tho..........
I have a floder on this outlook showing that i dont have at work called "personal"....and another one called "work"............at work i just have the "inbox""sent" etc
now i get messages sent to my work email coming to my laptop outlook but wen i synch with the jasjar........it dosent retrieve......and i can only move them from the work inbox to the personal inbox and then it shows up on my device wen i synch
any suggestions?
vineet_d
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-12-03 04:31
@masseur:

In k-jam the processor is 195 MHz where as in Jam/Xda mini the processor clock speed is 416 MHz.

I dont understand K-jam having WM5 which is more advanced/powerful than WM2003SE should require more powerful CPU and more RAM to work properly. As you have used both of these devices, did you feel there is actually any difference in the processing SPEED. How about working with multiple applications...
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-08 13:16
@masseur.
need some help with pocket MSN on the mini. Works perfectly on the exec but for some reason on the mini it fails to sign in. I get the "Service unavailable " message every time. I have tried clearing and even soft resetting. Any ideas? If I had to do a hard reset would it clear all my email settings etc?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-08 13:36
as you have a branded version I can't really comment on what would happen in the hard reset. Probably though, the account setup is in the extensions part of the ROM which gets applied after the standard hard reset stuff has happened. In which case it would recreate the O2 data accounts.

I haven't seen that message you mention so I think this time its best to call O2 for support as I would only be guessing

good luck
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-08 13:41
thanks for the prompt reply sir. I will try o2 direct, though when you say recreate the o2 data you do mean ANY email data such as my personal email settings ie for gmail / aol / etc?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-08 13:49
no, it definitly wouldn't recreate any personal settings, only those predefined by the branding.

so you'd better make a good note of them before doing the hard reset!
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-08 13:53
THANKS
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-08 17:56
A lot of good they were..its a third party software so its not their problem apparently. May need to get the device replaced i think
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-09 22:28
the bluetooth been working ok for you on kjam masseur? again for me it is perfect in jasjar but doesnt work with kjam
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-09 22:31
oh dear, what have O2 done to you!? I've had no bluetooth issues at all.

Are you using a headset or what?
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-09 23:00
Hi Masseur,
lol I KNOW
NOT EVEN a headset just passing a contact betwen the three devices (p910i being the third) I wonder if my last resort is a hard reset to TRY ad solve this.........on the kjam now there isnt an option for new incoming and outgoing ports for when i try to bond with the other devices.
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-11 00:33
masseur, do i need to have a 3g sim to operate gprs on these devices?
mork
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-12-11 04:57
ok, a month and a half has gone by since my first post, and i was wondering if you guys have had enough time to play with your new cell to give feedback about the specific topic of STREMING A 700Mb .avi ( divx non standard resolution ) movie from a PC to the WIZARD ( with TCPMP or other )... >Rolling Eyes<

i'm stuck with an almost useless phone until i upgrade, and i would REALLY join the Wizard group... >Very Happy<

PLEASE HELP ME !!!
irfan
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-12 14:58
Ok now that i have managed to get gprs AND wi-fi BOTH finally working
can you please help with more connection questions.

My questions and i presume the similarity of the two XDA devices(Exec and Mini-S) or (Jasjar and K-jam) means the answer will be the same.

1) How can i stop the devices trying to connect via gprs when my home router is available...as i have to keep cancelling the connection trying to pick up on gprs
2)When the devices pick up a network wifi connection (whilst out and about) how do i get to use THAT connection as opposed to gprs (and not have to pay gprs charges)
Or am I missing something basic AGAIN
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-12-12 20:52
1) in my experience you need to be actually at "connected" status with the wifi for it to be used as the default. At home my k-jam always uses wifi as the default because I don't need to log on or anything.

2) I know what you mean here and it does work as described above BUT I find that I have to go to flight mode, then turn on wifi, wait for the connection to the wifi network (I use BT openzone), go to any web page which brings up the BT openzone login, then login and start using the service. Then I can turn the flight mode off and all works as expected.

I haven't found a way around that yet
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi