Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > The Dog- Mans best friend?

Previous  123 ... 141516  Next
Author The Dog- Mans best friend?
peeta
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2005-09-10 23:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
a lot of rain forest is chopped down in order to create grazing ground for?...cows! like i said if all the grain grown to feed animals were given to humans no-one whould starve.
(\_/)
( O.o )
( > < )
cheap thing no good, good thing no cheap
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-09-11 04:23
actually no, you are wrong. They do need to hunt for food. Unless as I said they turn their rainforests into farm land. Which would involve the exinction of thousands upon thousands of species of animals. Native people's actually maintain and support nature, they don't rape the land.

max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-09-11 05:09
actually we can't eat the grain grown for cattle. Human's diet is more demanding (we can't get nutrition from cellulose for example - human's ARE NOT herbivore's our bodies are designed to live on vegetable's fruits and meat not grass), so it is cheaper and less land use to grow cattle fed on grain than to grow grain suitable for human consumption.

Anyway I don't support the rearing of cattle on once rainforest land. It's disgusting, due to the degradation of the rainforest's and the feedlot existance of the cattle. Rearing cattle on grazing land still gives a higher protein yield than using that land to grow human consumption grains. Unless you utilise permacultural techniques - which the big agricultural companies don't want to do because they don't understand the benefit and don't want to spend the initial money on development of large scale permaculture techniques.

So if you want to bring the world closer to vegetarianism, lobby the big agriculture corporations to use permaculture. Permaculture avoids degradation of the soil, erosion, the need for chemical pesticides, and has a massively higher yield than traditionally grown crops, when done properly.
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2005-09-12 12:50
Quote:

On 2005-09-09 22:25:15, ADT0079 wrote:
No that is not true Ayush what about the indigenous tribes that are still out there that dont rely on technology,I can say they hunt meat for sure......
what about indians they still whale hunt for meat.... I could go on and on but some skulls are too thick in here.........

Indians whale hunting? only Indians? are you proudly american or just plain racist?

@ max, Did this thread change from save the animal to save the rain forest? Theres grass all over the world for cows to eat!
ADT0079
T610
PM
Posted: 2005-09-13 00:54
@786 Smart ass think alittle bit before you speak as i was talking about Native Americans And not people from India and besides that it was an example as i know that other Ethnic groups whale hunt Maybe common since would be better than jumping to the conclusion that someone is racist when you misunderstood.......I guess i will have to say for example everytime because some try to pick your post apart instead of just using common since....Good Day

[ This Message was edited by: ADT0079 on 2005-09-12 23:55 ]
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2005-09-13 08:15
Quote:

On 2005-09-13 00:54:23, ADT0079 wrote:
@786 Smart ass think alittle bit before you speak as i was talking about Native Americans And not people from India and besides that it was an example as i know that other Ethnic groups whale hunt Maybe common since would be better than jumping to the conclusion that someone is racist when you misunderstood.......I guess i will have to say for example everytime because some try to pick your post apart instead of just using common since....Good Day

[ This Message was edited by: ADT0079 on 2005-09-12 23:55 ]

Are there still american indians?? I doubt they kill as much animals as the rest of the world does!

As for the racist comment, I just read your post in the Kanye west thread then your post here... hence my conclusion, anyhow sorry guy.
Johnex
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-09-13 08:35
Ok whiz, tell me this. I china there are some groups that kill newborn babies and eat them. You would say "how is that different", well, it is a human being, it has a purpose in life, and it is a sin to kill a fellow human. I can almost say that for most people, killing a pet is equally or slightly less horrifying. The problem arises when you have to give "pet" a definition. What is it? For alot of people it is a dog or a cat. Then, there are minorities that have mise, snakes, and even chickens as pets.

This message was posted from a Z1010

Johnex
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-09-13 08:42
In conclusion, killing certain animals is ok for certain people under certain circumstances. I would definately kill a snake if i had to.
ryanbp
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-09-13 09:30
i thought the topic here was about dogs
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-09-14 03:58
786KBR, yes the cattle can eat other grass, that is exactly my point. Let them eat grass, not denuded rainforest.

But yet McDonalds clear fell rainforests to graze cattle. It's disgusting and unnecessary, but yet it's cheaper than doing it on US grazing land. So let's screw over a native population, rape and destroy a rainforest and cause the extinction of thousands of species of animals. What a lovely idea. Just so US americans can pay $2 for a shit hamburger?

Protecting the rainforests is something everyone should be interested in, regardless of whether you eat meat or not.

Is there anyone here who can see two sides of an issue, or are you all determined to hate eachother? Why is it that meat eater's think I am against meat eating, and the vegetarians think I hate animals? Doesn't anyone read my posts? I eat meat myself, yet I still have the right to believe that animals don't have to suffer unecessarily.

Do I believe that it's possible for human kind to all become vegetarian? Given today's food growing technology, no it is not.

I support meat eating dammit.
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2005-09-14 08:40
Relax guy I dont mind vegys, Just Whizz, he said he became a vegy coz of those pics coz it made him 'think' bout the poor animals, I just feel hes being a bit melodramatic bout it thats all!

But I do support the killing of animals for food, humanely ofcourse!
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-09-14 09:21
786KBR, fair nuff Got a bit carried away...

Animals don't have to be treated as bad as those dogs, but not every meat eater is contributing to that sort of suffering.

I'm not vegetarian, but I tell you what though, I won't be eating dog when in Asia.
ADT0079
T610
PM
Posted: 2005-09-14 19:12
Bored=Esato
Bored=Dumb post
Bored=Stupid replies
Bored=Dont bother me im here to waste yours and my time....
ADT0079
T610
PM
Posted: 2005-09-14 22:46
@786 not man enough to responed you want to make dumb ass remarks but cant man up when some1 calls you out...Waiting for your response......
Also i guess there are only mcdonalds in America and not all over the world .....Goes to show that you people are so far up your own asses that you want to blame America,I would not say anything but when you make a statement About mcdonalds and then single out America when they are all over the world then yes i take offence,,

Keep one thing in mind All your Peoples countries When there is a problem who do u come to Us ....Where bad people up untill you need are help...I wish my country would say Fck all you guys around the world and worry about are own people......

Call me what you will but i am straight forward and im sick of all the pussy's trash talking others countries when you know damn well you really have no basis for it besides your hear say......

Wrong thread,,YES but i dont give a damn

GOOD DAY

[ This Message was edited by: ADT0079 on 2005-09-14 21:55 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ADT0079 on 2005-09-14 21:56 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2005-09-14 23:05
If anyone thinks eating dogs is bad, some humans actually eat other Human flesh! There are still cannibalistic tribes in some countries. I don't think I could become a full Veggie. Especially if I was doing a job that involved a lot of manual labour.

This message was posted from a S700

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 141516  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic