Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > HBH-610 is it available?

Previous  12
Author HBH-610 is it available?
happycheesecake
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2005-09-30 16:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've now got a consumer HBH-610 headset and to be honest its not much different from the HBH-608 headset. Yes, there's no slight hissing noise in the background, but voice dialing is still as bad as ever and the auto-volume control sometimes raises the volume so loud that the ear-piece vibrates!
...Silver Xperia Arc, 32GB SD card...
kotop
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-10-03 15:37
I've bought a HBH-610 (in Hong Kong) last week and, using it with a K750i, am extremely disappointed. Incoming sound quality is so-so, with extreme distortions when using at loud volumes. The speaker in the headphone seems to be severly undersized. Worst of all, the headset loses connections with the phone both when in standby and (worse) when talking, something I never experienced with another headset. It is also very difficult to reconnect the headset to the phone once the connection is broken. The headset's range is shorter than that of other headsets I used, something around 3-4 meters. Of four BT headsets used over the past year (, a SE HBH-300, a SE HBH-602, a Bluetake BT 400, a Jabra BT250v) this is by far the worst. I returned the headset today, as it is completely useless to me.
dts-phile
W900 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-03 18:36
I'll wait for the next Motorola Bluetooth 2.0 headsets.
Son far,mpy HS-810 is the best I ever had...

On a beach: I managed to voice dial and have a conversation 15 meters away from the phone !

Amazing clarity etc...

I love SE phones, but really don't like their headsets...

So i won't wait for this HBH-610 to be released in France or via Ebay (hong kong).
DTS-PHILE (Nice, France)
The DTS Surround Sound Passion
http://www.dts-phile.com
grca73
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-04 02:15

[ This Message was edited by: grca73 on 2005-10-04 01:33 ]
grca73
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-04 02:31
Quote:

On 2005-10-03 15:37:13, kotop wrote:
I've bought a HBH-610 (in Hong Kong) last week and, using it with a K750i, am extremely disappointed. Incoming sound quality is so-so, with extreme distortions when using at loud volumes. The speaker in the headphone seems to be severly undersized. Worst of all, the headset loses connections with the phone both when in standby and (worse) when talking, something I never experienced with another headset. It is also very difficult to reconnect the headset to the phone once the connection is broken. The headset's range is shorter than that of other headsets I used, something around 3-4 meters. Of four BT headsets used over the past year (, a SE HBH-300, a SE HBH-602, a Bluetake BT 400, a Jabra BT250v) this is by far the worst. I returned the headset today, as it is completely useless to me.

you must have been on r1l firmware symptoms you describe point to that.
no such issues witn connectivity exsists on r1n035 firmware.
as far as the range is concerned its true that its shorter than most prolly between 6-9 metres in my case before distortions kick in or 5 metres through a wall.
speaker does tend to vibrate on highest volume but what do you expect from such a loud headset, man setting 5-6 hurts my ears let alone 10 combined with a jabra eargel without earhook since i rarely do any jogging unless im driving over the trail, setting volume to 3-4 seems more than sufficient for most of my conversation and leave auto volume ajustment take care of the rest.

now downside compared to my jabra bt800 is that se still hasnt implemented redial function in a headset although such a usefull function in my oppinion and with crappy voice recognition i find myself having to grab the phone which i hate doing while driving. noise cancelation seems better on jabra too although volumewise se wins it hadsdown.

update:

noise cancelation sucks compared to bt800. well it sucks by itself.

for other side it takes anywhere between 10-20 seconds to kick in and when it starts working its managable but still worse than jabra so when in noisy enviroment do not think using 810 will prevent ppl hangin up on you cause they cant hear a word you say.

[ This Message was edited by: grca73 on 2005-10-04 22:21 ]
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-11 02:17
Well HBH-PV700 have finally answered the opinion I have.

When I have a phone with fast port conenctor, I will definitely ignore HBH608 or 610 since I don't like to bring to charger along when I am travelling.

The quality for BT v1.2 headset is already pretty good...I still don't see why I need v2....well they might also planning a v2 BT headset with fast port. Maybe just wait till March 06 (Cebit 2006) and we will know more.
grca73
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-11 12:07
they have no need or space to introduce fast port on hbh.
the best u can hope for is mini usb.
SL33PYH34D
P990
PM
Posted: 2005-10-11 12:20
Quote:

On 2005-10-11 12:07:59, grca73 wrote:

Erm, firstly the new HBH-PV700 has the fastport connector so there is certainly space. Even if there wasn't space, I'm sure they could make some sort of adapter between the fastport and some smaller connector. In fact I'm not sure why anyone hasn't already produced a fastport to Ericsson style connector adapter?

Second, of course there is a need to introduce the fastport connector on the HBH range since it is now the standard SE connector and you generally only want to be carrying one chagrer around with you rather than having to take a legacy Ericsson style charger too.

SL33PYH34D
P990
PM
Posted: 2005-10-11 12:29
I'd also like to add my voice to those dissappointed with the HBH-610 - the build quality is fantastic - probably the best SE headset I've had, but its just a shame its performance doesn't match its looks.
At best it sounds scratchy and at worst it sounds like the tiny speaker is about to vibrate itself to death.
Its a shame as I really wanted to like it (being digital and having a full DSP), but its probably the worst SE headset I've had out of the HBH-300/660/662. Ok the lack of hiss is nice, but as soon as the automatic volume kicks in it sounds awful. I still can't believe SE haven't implemented the redial function yet either.
Haven't had any disconnections with my K750i on R1N yet though.

To be honest I can see no advantage in a BT2.0 headset over a BT1.2 headset - the headset an handsfree profiles are the same as they ever were and even the frequency hopping features in BT1.2 over 1.1 seemed to offer little or no discernable difference IMO.

Will be sticking with my new Plantronics Discovery 640 I think.

[ This Message was edited by: SL33PYH34D on 2005-10-11 11:29 ]
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-11 12:35
Quote:

On 2005-10-11 12:20:53, SL33PYH34D wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-10-11 12:07:59, grca73 wrote:

Erm, firstly the new HBH-PV700 has the fastport connector so there is certainly space. Even if there wasn't space, I'm sure they could make some sort of adapter between the fastport and some smaller connector. In fact I'm not sure why anyone hasn't already produced a fastport to Ericsson style connector adapter?

Second, of course there is a need to introduce the fastport connector on the HBH range since it is now the standard SE connector and you generally only want to be carrying one chagrer around with you rather than having to take a legacy Ericsson style charger too.

you need to take a look on the charging connector on your K750 to understand why HBH-PV700 can have a charging connector for fast port and why it cannot have an adapter for old charger to be compatible with new phone.

Furthermore, we never know is it due to power management reason.

anyway as the press release didn't mention anything for an adapter....the new headset should be using the std fast port charger for charging.
happycheesecake
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2005-10-11 18:56
For those who's wondering, its possible to convert an old-style two-pin AC plug to the fastport plug.

We've made a couple of converters at work. Chinese manufacturers - there's an idea for you!
...Silver Xperia Arc, 32GB SD card...
SL33PYH34D
P990
PM
Posted: 2005-10-11 20:35
Quote:

On 2005-10-11 18:56:34, happycheesecake wrote:
For those who's wondering, its possible to convert an old-style two-pin AC plug to the fastport plug.

We've made a couple of converters at work. Chinese manufacturers - there's an idea for you!

As I say I'm suprised this hasn't already been done... Certainly a few quid to be made selling them I reckon....

Edit: What would be really nice would be a combined legacy connector and the new fastport on one charger...

[ This Message was edited by: SL33PYH34D on 2005-10-11 19:37 ]
grca73
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-12 00:33
the other downside to hbh-610 is it can only be paired with one device
new pairing needed every time you switch devices
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-12 08:47
chinese supplier?

i have a china made 3rd party charger for K750.....it was bought in bulk together with some fren

half of those charger malfunction after first usage....lucky it didn't spoil the phone.

so if they come out with a converter....you can use it with some gambling done.

I preferred not to trust unknown supplier.....here in my country Malaysia...whenever there's a food hazard or product hazard in HK due to the terrible manufacturing process in china...it will be reported. BEcause Malaysia have lots of goods/ Foods import from china as well.

so us at your own risk
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi