Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > gmail works - SWEEEET! -on tmobile usa)

12  Next
Author gmail works - SWEEEET! -on tmobile usa)
florida
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-31 04:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
all right guys, after tweaking for about 20 minutes, i am officially popping gmail.

as i know right now, this works with american t-mobile (-go figure, they have started to suk badly)

summary: you set up your tmobile account for the gmail pop service and the online tmobile will pop the gmail and then pop it to your phone through tmobile pop server.

go to gmail, enable pop.

go to tmobile and log in to MY T-MOBILE. go to SET UP MY EMAIL. (can also be found in the communication tools link right below the annoingly happy asian guy's picture)

configure a new mailbox using the pop information provided by gmail.
tmobile will verify access on the spot.
(disable alerts - as this sends you a text message that you have an email in your inbox. why would you want that if you receive the email to your phone? oh, that is right, there are people out there that cannot get email to their cellphones... just taking a moment here, i was there until last week)
anyway, if i would skipp the bs.

you need to configure your cellpohone email client to tmobile pop server something like:

E-mail Address: xxxx.xxxx@gmail.com
Mail Server (POP3): myemail.t-mobile.com
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): myemail.t-mobile.com
User ID: 904993xxxx:1
Password: Password OK

it was a bit slow in the beggining actually getting the email down to my phone, it took forever to get it after it actually arrived in my inbox, so, just wait, it will get there.

send few emails to yourself from your cellphone and reply to them
happy popping!

going out to meet a beauty from last night. ouch!
florida rocks!

ps. ofcourse, the picture is a curtesy of my new phone - se k750i.
and my stupid friend lowered the resolution when he was playing around earlier, otherwise, the pictures come out even better.

jack_d12
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-08-09 10:31
don't work man..... when i type in my gmail addy it says t-mob don't support it .
florida
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2005-09-18 04:27
dude, do you need some help? is it working yet?
i have no problems.

can easily email pics as attachements...

jroq211
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-10-26 09:02
This works!

E-mail Address: me@gmail.com
Mail Server (POP3): myemail.t-mobile.com
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): myemail.t-mobile.com
User ID: 7########6:1
Password: YOUR GMAIL PASSWORD

whenever tmobile tried to send the settings to my w800, i got an invalid settings error message... when i tried to setup thre SE, i didn't know info to put in... email address, user id, password... i was using my tmobile email and passwords not my gmail info... also i wasn't putting the :1 at the end of the user info... so anyways.. set it up manually and i have mail....

~jroq
mightyfo
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-11-22 20:51
wow this is great news that someone from the US has gotten GMAIL poppin to there phone. I did what you wrote and I am able to recieve e-mail but it takes forever to send. Do you have an approx time for how long it takes to send. I've tried a couple of times but I am really impatient!

Dude r u from Florida? If so what part, my fiancee and I are planning on moving to Orlando!
danska
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2005-11-22 21:10
I was able to get gmail working with the myemail servers but it limits how big the email could be. I can't send 2mp pics at all.

I gave up and bought the bluetooth adapter for my pc and transfered the secure cert. to it and im finally using the real gmail servers using secure connection on my $5.99 plan.

Just make sure you disable any proxy in the email settings. The proxy will kill any file over a certain size. (around 300k i think)
mightyfo
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-11-22 21:23
well I finally decided to stick it out and wait, and it didn't send. Message said SEND FAILED. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I have a SEw800. Please if you have any suggestions please help! and what is this certificate you are talking about? and how r u using gmails servers. I tried that before and sending failed because SMTP needs suthentication???

Thanks,
Foster

[ This Message was edited by: mightyfo on 2005-11-22 20:27 ]
superunknown
P900
PM
Posted: 2005-11-23 00:37
use profimail its faster
kind regards,

superunknown
http://wap.ph-one.org
neox
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-23 01:59
why dont u create a Gmail settings on you K750 and skip the Tmobile BS.. that's why it's taking soooo long to get your emails..!!

i got mine setup straight to gmail .. and my emails get d-loaded very fast...!

if u need the settings let me know... otherwise, do a search on esato and u will see the thread....!
mightyfo
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-11-23 05:38
yes please I would like the settings, i've tried them before but I wasn't able to send messages because my phone doesn't not have smtp authentication. and it also took a lil bit to dl messages to my phone.

Thanks alot
Peace,
Foster
mightyfo
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-11-23 05:45
How well does profimail work? What limits r with the demo? and does it support sony w800? sounds very intriguing.
jagger10
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-11-23 13:30
is there any settings Gmail on Mtn please?!?!
superunknown
P900
PM
Posted: 2005-11-23 14:36
you can set profimail to no limit..

i use gmail
my three private emails(ph-one.orh mails)
on my profimail..
its fast..

gmail settings for pop3 can be found in gmail on web.
kind regards,

superunknown
http://wap.ph-one.org
neox
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-11-23 20:37
hey might:
u have a certificate issue!.. very easy to fix (threads in Esasto in case u still have probs).
u need to get a security certificate on your K750i (SSL/TSL).. go to Thwate.com and search for 'ThwateServicePremiumCA' certificate!.....
The search results will take u to a download link (accept agreement, etc,.) ... download the file and then BT to K750 ( i did it via MyphoneExplorer s/w)... Ur phone will recognize it as a certificate it will ask u to install, say 'yes'.

setup gmail.... then ur in biz....
rcunning
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-11-24 00:47
Anyone get gmail to work on any of the Verizon phones?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi