Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > My K750 doesn't connect as a removable drive sometimes

Author My K750 doesn't connect as a removable drive sometimes
scaleo
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-07-27 20:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well, that's it... sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesn't. Am I doing something wrong or is it a known bug?

thanks in advance
numb
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-07-27 20:31
It is not a bug, but either a poorly configured pc system with perhaps a poor usb port, or a bad connection between the cable and the phone.

scaleo
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-07-27 20:52
the thing is it connects as a removable drive (the green arrow in the bottom right corner appears), but it doesn't always show up as a drive in "my computer".
numb
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-07-27 21:05
then its not a connection between cable and phone problem, but a problem with the configuration of your pc. The usb drivers "hang" or may conflict with some other drivers or equipment in your computer.
I imagine you can plug it in, get the removable drive, unplug it and plug it in again and the removable drive then sometimes do not appear untill you reboot your computer.

you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the usb drivers, but if there are some conflict with other drivers it may not help much.
Are you using the usb drivers from windows update, or the ones from S//E supportsite ?

scaleo
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-07-27 21:24
Well, I haven't downloaded any drivers fron SE's supportsite. But I think the usb-drivers were installed from the CD ("SE phone pc suite" or whatever it's called) when I for the first time connected the phone to the pc.

But I'll try downloading the drivers from SE supportsite and then post the result, thanks for the tip.
scaleo
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-07-27 21:35
Ehm, when I try to update the current drivers with the new ones from SE it only sais "sorry dude, the guide can't proceed with this"... =/
darky
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-07-28 08:15
the usb drivers are buggy

also when you connect first connect the cable to the phone than conenct the usb side to the pc, when you remove them remove the usb from the pc first then the phone connector.
scaleo
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-07-30 16:55
Is there a way to fix these buggy drivers? (sorry for being such a newbie)

I tried connecting the phone as you instructed darky, it worked the first time but not the second, so it didn't do any difference I guess. Thanks for the tip anyway, I appreciate it.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi