Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Are Sony Ericsson Playing the waiting game?

Author Are Sony Ericsson Playing the waiting game?
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2005-07-26 00:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Ive just spotted this info of this website

http://www.t3.co.uk/news/gene[....]gapixel_cam-phones_coming_soon

which says: for *WAP USERS*
5-megapixel cam-phones coming soon
As the line between cameras and mobile phones gets even blurrier, the quality just keeps getting sharper
In the UK we’ve currently only got access to piddly 1-megapixel camera phones, with Sharp’s 2-megapixel 902 handset scheduled for launch this November. However 3-megapixel cam-phones are already on the shelves in Japan, with Samsung having released its SPH-2300 handset this summer. But the megapixels just keep on marching upwards…

No sooner have we popped our eyeballs back into their sockets, having witnessed the technical triumph of the SPH-2300, and Samsung goes on the record to announce plans for a new 5-megapixel camera to be released this side of Christmas! Fair enough its new monster-megapixel mobile isn’t planned to launch in the UK, but that’s not the point. The technology is already here, which means that mobile manufacturers should begin delivering cam-phones of this calibre to the UK by the end of 2005. So make sure you stay tuned to T3.co.uk over the coming months for the latest news on all the hottest cam-phones coming to the UK next year.

This info sounds kinda intresting, it's making me think is SE waiting to see what other Manu's come up with before they sort there next Smartphone??? or just other phones up

Woahhhhh Role on 2006 and please oh pleassse let there be a new P910i with a 5 Megapix cam oh Gawd!!!!!!! lmao

An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-26 00:39
We have to get 3 Mp first. I doubt se wants everyone to note first. Usually they are close behind sharp. With the 903 announced its just a matter of time for us to see 3 Mp from se.

This message was posted from a T630

Gigs
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-26 00:44
Ermm..

Quote:

As the line between cameras and mobile phones gets even blurrier, the quality just keeps getting sharper
In the UK we’ve currently only got access to piddly 1-megapixel camera phones, with Sharp’s 2-megapixel 902 handset scheduled for launch this November.

Thats not really that informed.

But the other side of it is, looks, development times, different costs involved, power issues, ugly phone camera modules vs non ugly phones.

Higher spec camera modules will come in time..

If we use the "why does japan have it and we don't" argument then cameras are far down the list
Quoth
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-07-26 10:46
I don't think "blurrier" is a proper word.
Cenfi
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-07-26 11:02
SE financial report recently, states that they spend abt 1/4 of its profit for r&d.
but no news for spectacular model that rocks other manufacturer. crap! what 4 they used fund in r&d. making donuts???
well i did't expect a regular phone. i expect a symbian phone that rocks!! and compete with series 60!!!
My lovely phones t610, k300, k700, p910 & w800 N9500 & HTC magician
My less lovely phones
Moto v3 & N6681
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-26 11:06
correct re Japan. It's because Japanese consumers demand this stuff that manufacturers can afford to produce it there - really we should thanks the japs for making it possible for all this gadgetry

What they get trickles down to us a year or two later. If anyone really has a problem with it, move to Japan

Gigs
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-26 23:06
Quote:

On 2005-07-26 11:02:47, Cenfi wrote:
well i did't expect a regular phone. i expect a symbian phone that rocks!! and compete with series 60!!!

Hope you're ready for a long wait then.
Like.. Eternity.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi