Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > Pinoy prepaid discussions - dito tayo!

123 ... 161718  Next
Author Pinoy prepaid discussions - dito tayo!
koopz
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-08-23 04:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Been kinda frustrating that prepaid cant send MMS when their GPRS is not activated... sayang, i cant use the full funcationality of my phone... swerte naman ng ibang prepaid naka-activate yung GRPS nila.

Do any of you has an idea when will the PRoviders(Globe and Smart) are going to open this for prepaid users... sana they can open this soon, kahit na may bayad na. Konti pa lang naman may GRPS and MMS capable phones eh!

jeeezzz.... nakakaiyak talaga!!!

*** I LOVE MY T68i ***

[ This Message was edited by: GOwin on 2002-08-25 09:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: GOwin on 2002-09-15 12:26 ]
Beatrix
K750
PM
Posted: 2002-08-23 04:38
kahit na may bayad na? baka load ka ng load nyan. sending mms will cost you and while sending mms gagamit pa ng gprs. naku... most probably if ever they will charge mas mahal sa prepaid than sa postpaid.
I'd walk a million miles for one of your smiles, and even farther for that thing you do with your tongue.
boysaint
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-08-23 04:58
koopz
beatrix is correct! when they start charging.... gastos yan! and yes, the pre-paids may be charged higher than the post-paids. so i guess it is advisable to go post-paid when you really want to legitimately take advantage of GPRS, MMS, and all the other functions of your phone.
koopz
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-08-23 05:01
well, eventually magkaka-charge din naman sa mga postpaid users di ba? so, its the same thing... macha-charge ka rin lagi.... what im tryng to say, is by the time they will start charging MMS, sana i-open din nila ito to all subsribers, both postpaid and prepaid. Sayang naman kung MMS capable nga phone mo, di ka naman makatanggap and makasend ng MMS? What's the use of your MMS capable phone then?And besides, cost management lang naman para di ka maubusan kaagad ng load... whatdayathink beatrix?

Globe told me that they are planning to open this to all...just no definite them when...

Just my two cents here!.....
Aghggggghhhhhhh!
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-23 05:07
You could use MMS provided that you have access to GPRS (some prepaid SIMs do). That's the only way to use the MMS features of your phone at the moment

This post was posted from a WAP device

koopz
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-08-23 05:12
boysaint
you are right, they will surely charge prepaid users higher than that with rgeular lines but even now they are charging higher rates for phone calls on prepaid compared to postpaid users and as for sms, mas konti ang free ng mga prepaid. But still, a lot of people still settle to have their prepaid lines...kasi mas na-ta-track nila and kanilang consumption. As i said to beatrix, its all a matter of how you manage your phonecalls, SMS sending and if ever your mms sending... kasi sayang naman, a lot of people of still choose prepaid cant use their mms capable phones for mms sending... and siguro naman people who can afford phones worth 20K + can afford to spend extra for MMS...

***What a healthy conversation.. i like this thread***
Aghggggghhhhhhh!
koopz
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-08-23 05:15
Quote:

On 2002-08-23 05:07, GOwin wrote:
You could use MMS provided that you have access to GPRS (some prepaid SIMs do). That's the only way to use the MMS features of your phone at the moment

Yup, that's right.. kaso sa akin tinry ko... di activated yung GPRS Kaya nga di makapagsend o maka receive ng mms... i tried setting up my mms account using Tactel.. but nada.. di pwede kasi la akong GPRS... huhuhuuuhuhu!!!! any work around you could suggest!?

Aghggggghhhhhhh!
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-23 05:19
For now, the only solution is either find a GPRS-capable prepaid SIM or get a postpaid account.

koopz
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-08-23 05:39
@GoWin
Hahaha... nice suggestion... so i might as well look for an old prepaid sim now... while everything is still free... thanks bro!

Anyone who wants to sell their old-gprs-activated-so-can-send-mms-prepaid sim card here!?

Anyone here who is suffering with the same frustration as i am!??

Aghggggghhhhhhh!
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-23 05:43
Just want to remind you that trading/selling should be done in the market forum. And keep this thread on topic - prepaid related discussions.

koopz
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-08-23 05:51
Quote:

On 2002-08-23 05:43, GOwin wrote:
Just want to remind you that trading/selling should be done in the market forum. And keep this thread on topic - prepaid related discussions.

@GOWin - Sorry dude.... ..ill keep that in mind!

Anyone here who had their SMART prepaid sim activated for mms? my other smart prepaid sim card already has a GPRS signal, but when i tried to setup the Tactel config... it wont work!? can use the Tactel server for Smart config!??

Aghggggghhhhhhh!
dun333
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-08-23 05:57
Pare I have a pre-paid sim that has GPRS access. Lucky me! But since my phone is not mms capable, I could not take full advantage of this feature while it is still free. Pero ok na din para sa akin... 7 months of free GPRS access! Kaya lang nakaka-inggit minsan yung iba na may mms (t68i), hhmmmmm.
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-23 06:11
So do I, but that's my backup SIM :-)

dun333
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-08-23 06:29
Pare I have another obsevation when using prepaid sims on my phone... the "call timers" on my t39 won't work if I use my Globe sim, however, it works perfectly fine on my Smart sim. I wonder why!?!
koopz
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-08-23 06:38
@dun
buti nga ikaw GPRS activated yung prepaid account mo. Me, though mms capable... di naman activated ang gprs ko... so no GPRS for me, and MMS too... huhuhuhu.... cant even enjoy the 7 months free service of GPRS you are saying.... haaayy!!! ganyan talaga ang buhay... wish ko lang sana payagan na nila ang mga preapaid accounts... both on globe and smart...

kaya to all globe and smart people who can read this thread! PLEASE ! PLEASE ! PLEASE ! payagan nyo na kami sa service na ito!

*** Action : OPEN ALL PREPAID ACCOUNTS for GPRS and MMS. Reaction: EVERYBODY HAPPY!!!!! ***
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 161718  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic