Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > When will the 7210 be released?

Author When will the 7210 be released?
anas
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-08-24 06:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I really agree with you raven, but it is really hard for you to use the t68i that its now the best phone in the market after the 7650 and then transfer to 6610 or 7210, I agree that java, polyphonic ringtones, speaker, large colorful screen and the changeable covers is more useful than bluetooth etc, but there are many impressive things that really makes you love the T68i, last thursday i had 8910 for free, and i really liked it design, and i am now welling to sell my T68i and exchange the 8910 with a 6610, but i don't think i will go for the 6610, i think i will stick with my t68i or bring the 7650, infact yesterday I called the nokia retailer in my country and they told me that 6610 will be released late september or early october and i asked about 7210 they told me it will be released september 31st and the its price will be between $400 - $460, i dont think it will be higher than that, and if the 6610 will be in the same price range i'm 100% confident that i will stick with my t68i (that means having a more valuable phone than 6610).
but at last 6610, 7210 and 7650 are really a great phones, but the point is that i find it very hard to have a t68i for 4 months and get used to it then transfer to something less useful and you wont feel its that perfect as the t68i.
i had the t68i from the first weak it came out and i liked it, its like the best thing i've ever get, and i dont think anybody will have the same satisfaction with 6610 or 7210.

thx
Raven
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-08-24 06:56
Maybe you're right, but we'll just have to wait and see! :-) I bought my T68 in october last year and I just feel like it's time for a change/upgrade. I've got the 7210 on preorder, but I will be keeping my T68m(i) and MCA-20 communicam!

This post was posted from a T68i

Johan
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-08-24 11:13
I bought my T68 two dayes after release, since then ive gotten three (2) new phones .. so this one i have now, is the fourth in order ..

I am REALLY dissapointed with the quality of the T68, some of the issues i have had with all my four T68.s:

*Crashing OS. (on two phones)
*Sound issues (crackling noise in phone, not able to talk in it)
*Silverpaint on Yes/No buttons falling off.
*Goldcolour on the casing coming off.
*Charging problems

And i have never abused none of my phones, they have been treated with the fullest of respect.

And things that appear upon all T68:

*SLOW menusystem / OS
*Bad lighting, display
*REALLY bad ligting, keypad
*Soft and spongy buttons .. they feel really cheap.
*Easy scratch display
*Low sound ringtones

I have had 5 Nokias before my T68, and i never had any problems with any of them. . so Sony Ericsson couldnt convince me to stay with them.. so my next phone will doubtless be the Nokia 7210 or 6610
juming
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-24 12:02
Just for information, that I've T68i that still working perfectly until now. Maybe your experience is case by case only. And yes 7210 has better battery since it using 1100 mah lithium polymer battery, just compare with 700 mah t68i battery.

Den
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-24 13:32
---- (it's my message from another topic)----

I have T68 - it is very buggy according to NOKIA phones - now it (mine T68) is a second time in the service point for correcting those bugs and as said FOR TWO WEEKS!

6610 HAS vibrate (just checked - absolutely shure information!) and updates is always free for NOKIA. Actualy NOKIA was the first who had a free servisec!!! My T68 is in SC for two weeks now - NOKIA usualy gives NEW PHONE in such cases (NEVER LONG WAITINGS!)!!!

S55 is very bad and disapointing according to reports! (Yes it seems very good, but test says that not!)

And finaly:

6610:

+ NOKIA = NO BUGS!
+ 4096 colors, 128*128 (SUPER!)
+ polyphonic sounds (has vibrate!)
+ Stereo FM radio INSIDE(!)
+ INTERNAL(!) hands-free (VERY SUPER!!!)
+ changeable covers! (GOOD!)
+ Java (VERY GOOD!!!)
+ Port-Port

- no Bluetooth (not needed & it has port-port & IRDA instead)
- WAP 1.2.1
- no voice dial (not needed at all!)

T68(i):
- SonyEricsson = VERY BUGGY!
- 256 color, much smaller resolution! (BAD!)
- no polyphonic sounds
- no internal Stereo FM radio, external only
- no internal hands-free! (VERY BAD!)
- not changeable covers
- no Java (VERY BAD!)
- no port-port (but has bloetooth )

+ Bluetooth (Very good, but usualy not needed!)
+ WAP 2.0 (VERY GOOD!!!)
+ voice dial (not needed at all!)
? camera (NOT NEEDED AT ALL, ESPECIALY EXTERNAL!)

After this second going to Service Centre where mine phone was taken for two weeks from me. I'm seriosly thinking about change to 6610 ... its NOKIA = NO BUGS! (I had many Nokia phones before T68! So I know this! ALso now using OLD 6150 (works fine from year 1999!) as a replace phone until get my T68 back from SC), good service and many things I realy need in this phone, only no WAP 2,0 is bad, but I can use WAP 1.2.1 - its not a problem!

------------------------------------------

Some additions ...

Some people say that they have problems with Nokia phones (especialy & most of them with 8310) - don't know itself - never had 8310 because was a owner of my first SE phone (T68) this time & had no problems with other Nokia phones ... may be 8310 is realy bad Nokia phone - sometimes it happens! Hope will not happen with 6610 or 7210! But even in this case tose problems with Nokia seems to be SOFTWARE problems (as reported), but software is not hard to change & it takes only some minutes! If Nokia has a hardware problems - so these are very bad problems (e.g. heared about dysplay problem on 33/82-series) that cames from bad detailes given to Nokia from third part (from Mexico). In this case Nokia simply change all bad phones to good ones & correct problem forever by stoping buying bad parts! But mine Ericsson T68 and a lot of Ericsson phones of other users ALWAYS have a HARDWARE problems and they never correct them finaly! About every half year or even smaller period (actually 2-4 month!) You will need to brinng your phone to SC for TWO WEEKS for correcting those problems... then your SE phone works realy fine for about 3 month, and then again you are without phone for two weeks! It is situation as I see it!

SO I'm really thinking about buying a 6610, so just keep us informed in this topic when you get 7210/6610 in your country! Thanks to all!
anas
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-08-24 14:25

@johan

i bought the t68i i didnt bought the t68 then upgrade it and i am still with r2a014 and im really happy and satisfied with it, i never had an os crashes never, no sound issue or noise at all, no charging problems, i agree with u that the color fades even in t68i, the menu is not slow at all but its not fast, i have a good lightining in keypad with a high quality good display, and i also agree that the keyboard is horrible, Easy scratch display, and low sound melodies.

@den

t68i is not buggy at all with me, 6610 has vibra and everyone know this, AND NOKIA IS BUGGY and i know more than 20 people have used 8310 and not satisfied at all, and i think s55 is a good phone, and i agree with u about what u said about 6610 its super. that thing is called POP-PORT NOT PORT-PORT, AND THERE IS VOICE DIAL IN 6610, and PLEAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE SE IS NOT BUGGY AT ALL, and nokia is full of bugs, i think u never seen an 8310 even, and sony ericsson service point here is perfect, i have a lifetime warranty, and in anytime i want i can go to the service point and tell them i want a new phone without any problem they will give u a new phone, and they wont even repair it they will just let you have a new phone, so i dont have a problem with se service point.

it is just a matter of 3 - 6 days and everyone will see the truth that u can see it now

nokia sux
NetGuy2
Z600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-24 14:43
@Anas

Where do you live?
Where is this SE ServicePoint?
What have you did to have the LifeTime Warranty?

NetGuy2
anas
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-08-24 14:52
you only pay additional 30 usd, all the phones are the same way, but most of them arent life time, the minimum is 3 or 2 years warranty and some of them u cant have a new phone when u have a technical problem
hurtinglifelessbone
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2002-08-25 02:25

Deltayoda
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-08-25 11:55
+ NOKIA = NO BUGS!
Yeah right, just like all the other Nokia phones claim to have no bugs, but when you buy it, it begins doing some whacky stuff. Oh lets not get into the topic of construction, most of my Nokia phones have collapsed structurally(And it's not very hard to do), except my Analog Nokia phones, which are impressively solid.

So, I have to agree with anas on this one.

My T68i has not crashed, it has not jammed, it has never had any problems whatsoever after using it for a million times.

That review where it claims bluetooth is not needed, well, I need it. My T68i goes quite will with my IPAQ, and works very well. I also had bad expriences with Nokia, and my T68i has never been as bad, infact, I never had one bad moment with my T68i. I'm not a fanatic to either companies, but I'll always go with whatever phone is better, and right now the T68i is far better for me than any phone out there.

All in all, that review is just absurd.

Johan
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-08-25 13:26
I think that quality issues are very individual .. I have never had any problems whatsoever with my five Nokiaphones .. but every single one of my four T68.s have had problems...

This made me loose my confidence in Sony Ericsson..
Johan
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-08-25 13:57
Does anyone know if the Nokia 7210 is equipped with IrDA?
Raven
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-08-25 20:09
Yep, I believe it is!
carpe noctem
Johan
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-08-25 21:07
Oh, thank you .. someone said that it didnt have IR ..
Its pretty useful when sending numbers, contacs, and so on.
errorken
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-08-26 07:10
Well as far as I'm concerned the 7210 will NOT have irda, no bluetooth no voice dialing and some other stuff. I dont know where I found it (it was some time ago) but I'm pretty sure of it

[edit]
hmm well I think it has ir :

General Network GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900
Introduced 2002

Size Dimensions 106 x 45 x 17.5 mm, 83 cc
Weight 83 g
Display Type Color graphics, 4096 colors Size ?
- Dynamic font size
- Softkey
Optional Ringtones 20 + 15 polyphonic
Vibration In phone
Languages Country dependant
- Xpress-on covers
- Polyphonic ring tones
- MMS
- Profiles
- Ascending ringing tones
- Personal alert tones

Memory Numbers in phone 500 names x3 numbers