Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > When will the 7210 be released?

Author When will the 7210 be released?
Johan
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-11 16:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Precisely! ..the speed is so much more important for me than bluetooth and voicedial.

I am also going to buy the Turquise handset .. very nice looking!
kav
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-14 13:37
JUST RECIEVED AN EMAIL FROM CARPHONEWAREHOUSE, AND THEY HAVE THE NOKIA 7210 IN STOCK, BUT ONLY OFF-LINE FOR £349.99 AND ITS LIMITED STOCKS.

I BROUGHT MINE 2 WEEKS AGO ON IMPORT FOR £300, AND ITS A NICE PHONE, SO DIFFERENT TO OTHER NOKIA PHONES, I WAS PLANNING ON BUYING A 8910, BUT CHANGED MY MIND, I HAD A ERICSSON T68 SINCE LAST NOVEMBER, WHEN THEY CAME OUT, AND I WAS GETTING BORED OF IT, STILL GOT THE ORIGINAL SOFTWARE ON IT AS WELL.
darrenwhyte
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 11:24
I have just bought a new 7210 and I am absolutely gutted that they do not support Animated Gifs or SMIL

I cannot believe that Nokia have managed to make such a nice overall phone fall down on such a vital point! They always seem to be behind the mark on any sort of WAP/MMS support.

MMS is nothing without the ability to at least see some nice creative animations created by home users or content providers. We will soon get bored of sending still colour images, which is just a minor improvement to EMS.

After all the hype this is a huge letdown. If you have a T68i and can cope with the horrendous interface (and slow sms and screen res), my advice is to stick with it. The 7210 is also not able to attach sound to a MMS message (although the manual states that it can receive some sort of proprietary Nokia sound format)

Does anyone believe that any of this could be solved retrospectively via firmware upgrade or Java App? The phone definitely seems to have the CPU power after seeing the graphics within the games.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic