Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Meths And Scotty Do Lunch.

12  Next
Author Meths And Scotty Do Lunch.
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-07-17 15:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Bumped into Scotsoyuk in the pub in Glasgow yesterday, and what a thoroughly spiffing chap he is. Had a beer, then we headed to di Maggio's for some top quality Italian grub and a blether. It was the poodles plums. Scotty surprised me, he's not only exactly what i expected him to look like, he actually uses words like "bally", "marvelous", and "chin-chin!" in every day conversation!

Now, i'm not saying Scotsboyuk is posh, but i had to explain to him what Jobseekers allowance was. "£50 a week!" he proclaimed. "I spend that on cigars!" Thoroughly nice chap, I can easily see him at the helm of a yacht, or telling thrilling anecdotes of his time in the far-flung corners of the world. A true gentlemen, perhaps a little old fashioned (he was wearing as check flannel shirt and brown corduruoys), but very, very pleasant, affable, and generally nice. Food was great too.

And that was lunch!
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
Chazzer3
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-17 15:25
How nice for u, I was in Glasgow yesterday as well, I'd been at the Falkirk wheel, and then went into glasgow for a while.

Chazzer-
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-07-17 15:27
Ahhh, you should have come too! Bjerkebanen was supposed to come, never appeared though. Im just wondering what scotty is going to post about me...
Hello, Scroto!

Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2005-07-17 15:32
Sounds like you guys had a good afternoon, i wish i could have made it but my girlfriend had other ideas! bloody woman!

maybe i'll be able to meet up the next time
OBEY GAINT
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-07-17 16:52
Yeah it was good, will let you know if we do it again
Hello, Scroto!

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-17 19:00
What Ho All!

It was rather a pleasant afternoon I must say. Unfortunately we couldn't get a seat in the first place we went too so we popped along to a local restaurant and decided to sit outside.

The first thing that struck me about meths is that he is quite a wee fellow. I suppose I had always imagined him as being the same height as myself (I'm 6').

Lunch was made all the more interesting by the presence of hordes of vis-a-vis Goths rampaging across the street (sorry I couldn't resist that wee historical joke ).

meths appeared to find my lack of knowledge in social security matters most amusing! Incidentally, I don't spend £50 per week on cigars, I have spent that on cigars, but not every week!

meths seems much much calmer in public, perhaps he saves all the drama for here ... ?

It was actually very pleasant and it makes one wonder whether or not we should have a larger meeting. There have been attempts at this before, but I really think we should move forward on this front. It would be splendid fun and I'm sure we would all have a marvellous time.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Qoastro
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-17 19:29
Or Sweden, that way I could tag along
Death of a Motorola.3gp

Temporarely down, but it's up again, thanks to nicko ^^ Download and watch it
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-17 19:50
Well with enough advanced notice people from outside the UK could come along too.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
whizkidd
W950 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-17 20:00
This reminds me of the Esato Bombay meet....pictures can be found Here Its me, vineet_d, mrao and aquablade in the pictures. Any pictures scotty?
T230 >> T610 >> Ngage QD >> N73 >> N85 >> Omnia HD >> And countless other review units
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-17 21:25
@whizkidd

Afraid not old man.
Gigs
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-18 00:09
You'd have more luck unmasking batman than either of these two whiz
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-18 00:10
@Gigs

There are pictures of meths on Esato.
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-07-18 10:27
Several....
Hello, Scroto!

DJcreamz
W850 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-18 12:06
Deffinatly orginise a meet that would be jolly good
paulbang
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-07-18 12:18
@meth
give me a link for the page where you've posted your pic- a search on google's image search turned up a hamster(the one i ate) and good garlic
dont your thumbs hurt??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi