Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > What to write on a cv and the best layouts/fonts

Previous  12
Author What to write on a cv and the best layouts/fonts
DJcreamz
W850 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-13 16:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
if i recieved a CV with the word "breast" in it i would hire the person stright away
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-13 17:26
i use a word template to be honest

in CV's company's want to see that you are well rounded. You have a social life and you are worker.

For example, I mention that some of the activities that I used to do included, chess and horseback riding, then I mention my hobbies are webscripting, computer graphics, and blading.

It shows you have elegance and you enjoy doing something modern with a twist
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
mince-inside
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-07-13 22:30
@thecopperfield, as an employer I'd say no more than 3 pages (ideal 2) for the CV, use the covering letter to sell yourself. When I have loads of CVs to go though I have to be ruthless - I discard CVs on poor covering letter without even getting to the CV!
I then grade on sex and age (just kidding )
Section your CV with your personal details 1st, then education, then employment and finally skills/hobbies/interests and DONT LIE
I always start on my interview by chatting about hobbies to break the ice and calm the young lass's (opps I mean interviewee) nerves. Someone once noted they enjoyed going to concerts and I asked them which one did they go to last and they put their hands up and said "you got me, I've never been to a concert"...
Anyway good luck and dress smart - not too tarty as it doesn't go down well with the existing female staff.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi