12  Next
Author Probs with big memory in k750
iambasil
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-07-09 16:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi people,

I've got a k750i - ever since I got myself a sony 1gb pro duo (high speed) I've had a few probs:

1. It's been crashing regularly. Always have to take out the battery. (>3 times per day).

2. Very often the data held on the memory stick just seems to disappear from my folders/media player - I have to restart for phone to find them again. (A couple of times the items have been unrecognisable goobledy-gook (icons and names).

I've got software R1A044. I'm on Orange (and quite like their menu bits/icons) so am hesitant about changing to R1J/R1L - also the GPRS/video probs don't appeal. Is it possible to revert if I change? Is there a more up to date version in the pipeline?

Could problems be because I didn't format memory stick when first got it? I've got 900MB on it now, so it would probably take a while to format and re-install now!

Basil
azz0r
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-07-09 16:25
I had an mp3 that would constantly crash my phone as soon as I went near it.

Stripped the id3.2v tag and it fixed it.

What you need todo if find the file causing your crash and remove it or change it.
iambasil
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-07-09 16:33
@aZZor Thanks for reply. It isn't linked to any individual files. Often the 2 points I raised above just seem to happen if I leave the phone for an hour or so on its own.

Another thing I noticed:

3. I have my alarm call as an mp3 (stored on phone). Most of the time when it goes off it seems to not actually play - rather a small millisecond of a different track seems to loop weirdly. I think it could be linked to the status that I last used the media player (eg paused it with the media button whilst on handsfree).

Also,

4. Happened twice - whilst on gprs, got the white screen followed by shutdown. (normally it doesn't shut down - I get crash and then have to remove battery to unfreeze)

Debating whether or not to upgrade to firmware 1L or wait for new firmware release?
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-09 17:07
Had similar problems with 1GB sandisk memory stick duo pro and the included Sony mem stick duo 64mb. Check with a card reader the file system. I found both memory cards had a RAW file system. I formatted to FAT and problems have been sorted.

Also resolved issues with larger file storage, Videos larger than 10mins would stutter using RAW format, now fixed.

I am running firmware R1L002 and would suggest the upgrade unless of course video recording quality is important to you.
iambasil
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-07-09 17:50
First time I've heard the RAW/FAT issue mensioned! Thanks.

Is there anyway that I can check/change without a card reader? I have a pc and usb.

B
xerx
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-10 04:00

hey my phone just rebooted last night for the first time and 2 days ago i had inserted a 1GB sandisk memory stick duo...i haven't also formatted the memory stick...
xLilxBUddha
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-07-10 04:33
hmmmm I dont know if this is the same problem but on my 64Mb MS when I put songs on it it works perfectly but after a day os so the song starts skipping
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-10 04:43
Connect the phone to your computer with the supplied USB cable (may require installation of SE bundled software) the memory stick will appear as a removable drive where the file system can be checked.

The removable drive is found by clicking on my computer not the Sony Ericsson phone browser.

The file system can be checked and changed in the same way as a hard drive. Formatting the card in the phone will automatically set the file system to FAT.
darky
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-07-11 08:28
yup I have a highspeed stick too,

none of the firmware fixed the problem although I upgraded,

I noticed it happens more frequently when the battery is 50% or lower.

It also happens less when I use the phone a lot, if I find a fix for it I'll let you know you do the same please,

also I changed the memory stick twice (new sticks) as I had a warranty for the sticks and I still get the same problem so it's definitley the phone having issues with the high speed sticks.

I formatted with computer / phone .. etc nothing worked even if the memory stick is empty it crashes the phone sometimes so it has nothing to do with corrupted files. I have latest frimware and none of the previous were able to fix it either.
xxxvijeshxxx
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-13 04:48
hi, all how do u format the MS stick to "FAT" format,.

I've read on some website saying that the high speed memory stick has no effect on the k750i, is that true?
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-13 04:59
xxxvijeshxxx, connect the USB cable to the computer and phone and when detected, you will be able to find the mem stick in the (My Computer, Manage) Disk Management.

i formatted mine using FAT32, 4K blocks and works perfectly.
xxxvijeshxxx
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-13 05:38
hi all, may i also know if the sandisk 1 GIG is highly compatible with the k750i
fu1at
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-13 05:54
as for my case,

so far no problem using Sony 1GB hi-speed. Do not have any problem accessing any files on the external card even battery life remains 30%.

for Blank screen then reboot problems it did happend to me after high volume of GPRS activities. would suggest u reboot the phone because of the phone cache memory are full and the system will auto restart your phone just like my old P900.

So far no issue one the RAW or FAT32 format. been using RAW for sometimes and do not have any problem with it.
xxxvijeshxxx
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-13 07:11
Quote:

On 2005-07-13 04:59:04, arnoldc wrote:
xxxvijeshxxx, connect the USB cable to the computer and phone and when detected, you will be able to find the mem stick in the (My Computer, Manage) Disk Management.

i formatted mine using FAT32, 4K blocks and works perfectly.

hi arnoldc so after the conversion.. and if i were to use a 1Gig sandisk pro duo mem stick.. it wouldnt be a problem right?
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-13 07:14
hi, in fact i'm using a sandisk 1gb memstick
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi