Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Video Recording and photo quality is poor in new Firmware

Author Video Recording and photo quality is poor in new Firmware
pandthu
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-28 18:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Video Recording Quality is poor in new Firmware

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From http://www.mobile-review.com/[....]thread.php?p=262016#post262016

I found that K750i dosent takes good video after upgrade.The video recording quality has been lowered in new RJ

K750i Recorded video info before upgrade
http://tinypic.com/6geted.jpg

K750i Recorded video info after upgrade (RJ)
http://tinypic.com/6geucw.jpg
The quality of video taken now is bad not even near to motorola
dose any one has this problem

[QUOTE=MiKeLezZ]SE support center seems to be not aware of this quality problem
So we'd better send some emails to them
Otherwise we'll keep this crappy video quality forever :/
BTW, no rollback features[/QUOTE]

Bad news yet again

compare 2mpx photos of both versions
the size has drecessed by 100-180 kb

R1 old software takes pic with a size of 500-600kb
now with RJ it has been reduced to 380-470

hmm actually this firmware takes pics only at 1 mpx quality
2mpx pics will have atleast 480 kb below that its not 2 mpx
noise is present even in bright light and has less sharpness

look at difference in size ,quality and sharpness
Photo taken with old firmware (R1)

Photo taken with Rj new firmware

is there anyway to go back to R1?
What about the version available at www.davinciteam.com
-K750i_R1L002_EMEA6: has any one tested it ?
WildWayz
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-28 19:30
OT - is that cat a Cornish Rex? Looks just like our one!

As for the problem - a lot of people are experiencing this. I upgraded my D750i before I could test the old one, so I don't know the difference.
dreamfish
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-28 21:15
to be fair, your second picture looks blurred because maybe your hand was shaking
pandthu
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-28 21:27
Quote:

On 2005-06-28 21:15:25, dreamfish wrote:
to be fair, your second picture looks blurred because maybe your hand was shaking

i just wannted you guys to look at the difference in size
OK i will take another photo of my cat tommorrow
i had 30-35 pics taken with R1 and none of the file size is below 430kb and high as 630 kb
with RJ ihave 15 pics there are several photos below 430kb and none above 510kb
I dont think this is only for me my friend is having the same
numb
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-06-28 21:43
#pandthu

same for me
my pictures are clearly also of less quality in the new firmware.
Ive taken hundreds both before and after firmwareupgrade, a pretty good statistical material to compare from.

Old firmware all my pictures were between 500-650 kb and very high quality
Now all my pictures are from below 300 to approx 450 kb and Im really having difficulty getting pictures that look ok.
And there are nolonger any difference between normal and fine mode.
Just like with the videorecording bitrate is the same regardless of settings choosed. I now have big problems with focusing in sceneryshots and problems with exposure.

[ This Message was edited by: numb on 2005-06-28 20:48 ]
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-06-29 15:51
This is mentioned in other threads.

Search feature.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
mario2002
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-30 14:10
Huh it looks like SE are really struggling now.The financial constrains are begining to 'bite'. I hope they manage to absorb the 'name' damage without loosing even more market share.They should recall the handsets,reimburse the customers and apologise to the world.

This message was posted from a Nokia 7650

numb
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-06-30 14:26
#Mario

Theres no damage, the function still works, its just not as good quality on new firmware as before. But videocapture still works exactly as promised in the specs. Why should they recall handsets and reimburse ?

Please dont post such foolish S//E bashing just cause you favour Blokia, You dont see me in your Blokia forums trashing their products, even though there are plenty I could trash if I wanted to.
Its getting pretty tiresome that almost every post you make is about trashing S//E.

sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-06-30 15:59
Quote:

On 2005-06-30 14:26:17, numb wrote:
#Mario

Theres no damage, the function still works, its just not as good quality on new firmware as before. But videocapture still works exactly as promised in the specs. Why should they recall handsets and reimburse ?

Please dont post such foolish S//E bashing just cause you favour Blokia, You dont see me in your Blokia forums trashing their products, even though there are plenty I could trash if I wanted to.
Its getting pretty tiresome that almost every post you make is about trashing S//E.

Great post. Why come here in the first place. Must be some confidence issues. Maybe not enough love as a child. Who knows?

*edited on a Mac PowerBook, of course*

[ This Message was edited by: sapporobaby on 2005-06-30 15:00 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2005-06-30 19:24
I'd disagree with anyone though who says the still pictures taken by the k750i are poorer than before.

On R1A, my pictures were around 400-550kb in size.

On R1J, they're now around 350-550kb in size.

So, SE have managed to make them slightly smaller, but i have not noticed any drop in quality terms. In fact, i'd swear my K750i now takes better pictures than before. All they seem to have done is managed to get the phone to process images better so they save smaller.

The downside is the video encodes at a much poorer rate. I really hope SE increase it back to what it was before on R1A firmware, because when you've just got used to high quality video, S700i quality video suddenly seems very poor indeed.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
numb
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-06-30 20:31
#etaab

I'll show you - 2 pictures, same motive, same lightconditions, angle slightly different but still gives an idea. First picture with R1A was ok, since then I have not been able to take a similar picture of the same motive and ive tried many times, they all get overexposed with bluestick, poor color, and poor focus compared to the first. The second picture is the best I could get with R1J

1: R1A

2: R1J

these are cut down by esato, but you can still see the difference, I can post the original sizes if you need to look closer. I will try tomorrow to get another shot and try to find the exact same angle.

etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2005-07-01 00:39
Oh i believe you numb, im not trying to say your phone does not have a problem. I can see the difference between the pictures you provided.

My point is, i have not noticed such a difference with my phone. Pictures are still just as sharp as they were with the old firmware, just as colourful, and overall very much identical to pictures i took with old firmware.

Maybe its a region issue. Im from the UK, and my firmware is R1J002 EU1.

May i ask which region is yours ? EU1 ?
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Vipera ammodytes
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2005-07-01 00:51
Quote:

On 2005-07-01 00:39:23, etaab wrote:
Oh i believe you numb, im not trying to say your phone does not have a problem. I can see the difference between the pictures you provided.

My point is, i have not noticed such a difference with my phone. Pictures are still just as sharp as they were with the old firmware, just as colourful, and overall very much identical to pictures i took with old firmware.

Maybe its a region issue. Im from the UK, and my firmware is R1J002 EU1.
May i ask which region is yours ? EU1 ?

same with my phone only video is poorer,pictures is sharper!!
OnePlus 8
pandthu
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-01 07:16
Plz stop saying my camera has no problem every k750i users whoo have upgraded to Rj has lost quality SE admits that photo and video quality is been lowered with RJ

FROM mobile-review
ok just went to SE service center
hmm
got a very diplomatic answer 'the phone is more stable with this firmware setup ,inorder to provide stablity performance of photo and video recording has been decresed

I am now 100% sure that the quality of photos taken with k750 have changed after upgrade . SE service center admits this too
There is no point in saying my photos hasnt changed after upgrade.by looking at the picture you cant find the difference .
check the file size, check image info or take a print of both photos(RA and Rj)
in a photo paper with size 12 * 10 .or post the 2 photos here

Here is it the photos taken with no change in settings
same location ,same time ,same object

Photo with R1A

Photo with R1J
ksng
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-01 07:34
Is it sad to have the 2M pixel camera tune down on photo quality with the new firmware. I bought the K750 partly due to the high quality photo feature. If Sony Ericsson do not improve on the photo quality on the future firmware, I would probably trade in the phone for other brands..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi