12  Next
Author How I Flashed My V800, FAO Sapporobaby
JonnyQuango
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-06-07 14:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi Sapporo

Here is a basic run through of how I flashed my V800 with Z800i firmware.

Others my disagree so they may post some useful advice.

I bought my USB T28 cable and credits through reseller kobonet, as they sold both for just £24, but if you want to just buy the credits that’s ok, because the software works with DSS base station aswell (not the usb that came with your phone or DCU-11). I found that when I contacted davinci team direct I got no reply. Here is the link to kobonet.

http://www.kobonet-netshop.co.uk/price.php

You can also download the “Sony Ericsson Remote Unlocker 13.2 – Z800 CID36 Flashing” software from this site, along with step by step instructions on how to flash your phone. The guy there Victor was quite helpful, but if you can’t get in touch with him you may need to check you email as he uses spam filtering, I could only reach him from my Hotmail account.

To set up your DSS cable, follow this link.

http://www.davinciteam.com/dssman.txt

Once I had my account set up and received my 2 credits, I first proceeded to check the phones CID and test my cable connection (0 credits) have the phone switched off and fully charged for all processes.

Step 1. Enter “user name” and “password” (from kobonet)
Step 2. Click on the “flash” tab
Step 3. Click on “read CID/test cable” I found that I had CID29 but if you have CID36 you may not be able to unlock your phone, I’m not sure, I had no need to check.

If all is well, I proceeded with the unlocking (1 credit)

Step 1. Click on the “unlock” tab
Step 2. I ticked “used additional settings” and “clear all locks”
Step 3. Click “UNLOCK” button
Step 4. Power on your phone when prompted
Step 5. By patient as there are 3 steps to complete unlocking

Once unlocked I went to the flashing (1 credit)

Step 1. Click on the “CDA” tab
Step 2. I entered the following CDA info
CDA102371/10
R2A
Z800i
EU2
Step 3. Tick “use this setting for finalization”
Step 4. Click on the “flash” tab
Step 5. Click “update settings”
Step 6. Click “get files from web” opens a popup window
Step 7. Select Z800i EU2 (this is for English version) firmware from list and tick download “main” and “fs” firmware files
Step 8. Once files have download you will be back at the main window
Step 9. Tick “main”, “fs”, “finalization” and “CID ignoring for V800/Z800”
Step 10. Click “FLASH” button
Step 11. Power on your phone when prompted
Step 12. Be patient it takes around 10mins maybe more depending on your cable speed and setup

If all is well your phone will now be flashed to Z800i and all voda crap is gone. I also visited SE and had WAP and MMS settings sent to my phone, see “phone setup” at this link:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/s[....]1_1&zone=ps&lm=ps1_1&pid=10235

I SPENT A FEW DAYS READING THE FORUMS, AND PRINTED OFF ALL THE STEP BY STEP GUIDES BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE.

IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, NOBODY ELSE CAN BE BLAIMED FOR YOUR ACTIONS. THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME, BUT MAY NOT WORK FOR SOMEONE ELSE.

Good luck, and post your results here.
Owner of V800 flashed to Z800i, now with campagne covers.
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-06-07 18:30
Jonny Q,

You are the man. Thanks mate. I think I know why my v800 will not see the DSS-25 sync station. I may have to use the drivers from Da VInci. The v800 has a USB cable already so why go through the sync station. I will try this and get back to you.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
JonnyQuango
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-06-08 00:02
Hows it going sap,

Have you flashed or killed your phone yet. As far as I know you need a DSS-25 or a T28 service cable to flash, you can use a DCU-11 but you need to modify it first,I have one but it wasn't the right type to modify. T28 USB from kobonet works at max baud rate.
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-06-08 16:34
Hey Jonny,

Holler if you hear me. Guess what I happen to have that you had a few days ago?

Flashed mine with Da Vinci and it worked perfectly. I have to say that Voda-Fcuk really screwed these great phones. I love my phone even more now that I can use all of it. Thanks for the info dude. I have added you to my MSN list. See you online sometimes.

Cheers mate

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
JonnyQuango
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-06-08 20:03
Well done

How much better is that? Hope anybody else who wants to do this, will find all this discussion useful.
potis21
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-09 06:10
is it after all possible to flash the phone using its own USB cable?

If so, with which program?

PLS. help, as I don't have a clue about how to find a t28 repair cable in my country (especially on the island I live in)
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-06-09 12:05
@Potis21

No you can't use the cable. It is not the data type that is needed. Do a search for a t28 data cable as this is what you need. Here is a link I found as a place to start with: http://www.tangshop.com/datcabforert.html. After this, you will need use either flasers from TMS: http://www.totalmultiserver.com/, or Da Vinci: www.davinciteam.com. They may even sell the cables as well. The instructions are pretty comprehensive so you should not have a problem. If so, just write back. Also PM jonnyquando(sp), here and he can give you the best info as he flashed his using he t28 cable.

cheers

JonnyQuango
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-06-09 13:37
@ potis21

You should be able to find T28 service cables on e-bay, as a standard they are serial cables which take around 45mins to completely flash your phone. I went to:

http://www.kobonet-netshop.co.uk/price.php

who do a USB version which can be used at a higher transfer rate, flashing can be done in around 10mins You can also use a DSS-25 base station, I think sapporobay used one of these. They work fine with Davinciteams "SE Remote unlocker"

Standard USB data cable that comes with your phone can not be used, you may find you can use DCU-11 cable but it needs to be modified first, there are a few versions of this cable and not all of them can be modified

Good luck and keep us posted.
potis21
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-09 17:32
Quote:

:zealous:

Thx 4 everything.

What makes it worst is that there isn't a credit card available for the use of Ebay or Davinci et al online services. therefore I'm kinda stuck...

I understand that I can't use the USB, though. AND why.

BTW, any link on how to modify a DCU11 ?!?

as an expertized electronics engineer, having several max 3232 chips on one hand and several SE T28 male connectors on the other, any schematic would be ideal. Have you seen anything like?

Thanks in advance.

[ This Message was edited by: potis21 on 2005-06-09 16:38 ]
JonnyQuango
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-06-09 17:49
If you wanted to buy a new cable off e-bay or kobonet, why not set up a paypal account, it is worth having, and you can back up the funding using your card or bank account.

If you want a link to modify a DCU-11 have a look here:

http://www.davinciteam.com/index.php?page=manual-cablemod
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-06-09 18:08
Great post Johnny.

After looking at the diagrams and what is involved. I would buy a DSS-25 and call it a day. By purchasing another cable, this would be about the same as buying a DSS-25 Sync Station.

I used the DSS-25 and it went great at 408k(something like that), and the entire think took about 20 mins.

JonnyQuango
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-06-09 18:22
I bought a DCU-11 a few months ago while I was waiting for the Z800i firmware to be made available, turns out it was a waste of money because you can't flash with it anyhow. Unless you modify it, which also would not have been a problem for myself, but the one I have can't be modified. Also they're a pain in the butt and mine doesn't even work all the time as a data cable. I can see the advantages of the DSS-25 because it also charges, doesn't it?
JonnyQuango
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-06-09 18:39
@ sapporo

Quote from previous thread:

I found you my phone was a CID36 once I tried and failed to flash it. It appears in the error log. The reason I bought the credits was because it said that it could flash v800 phones as well. They can, but not CID 36 phones. This is the rub.

Did you manage to unlock and flash your CID36 V800, or just flash only?
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-06-09 18:43
No it doesn't charge, but my phone was never locked. Vodafone phones from Germany are free, but have the Vodafone stuff on it. I was using it here in Finland but now it is flashed and is a normal z800 but with the Vodafone covers.

JonnyQuango
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-06-09 18:48
Just wondering if the unlock works for CID36, obviously we now know the flash works.

Check this link out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay[....]780923368&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Cheaper than buying that Z800i you talked about, and they look great beleive me.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi